What are you going to eat when you reach GW?

Options

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I am now a little less than 5 pounds away from my goal weight. My husband asked me what I wanted to eat when I finally reach it.... oh my goodness. There is a list. First thing - bacon and cheese Whataburger Jr. And then I started drooling. And some chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

Honestly, though. I am afraid to even open pandoras box. I am so afraid to gain this weight back. But, I will splurge. One night.... after a long run. And I will feel sick and sluggish, but I will bask in my glory!

What will you eat when you reach your goal weight?

Ummmm, I already eat whatever I want. Just not as often as I did when I was fat, and I make sure it fits my goal. Don't eat tro excess, and you can eat whatever you want.

So I will eat exactly what I already do eat when I have the body I want... just a little bit more of it to stay at maintenance.
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    a steak and homemade chocolate chip cookies! :smile: I want to go shopping and buy new smaller size clothes!!!!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I don't have a clue but WHATEVER I choose, it's going to be GR8T and eaten with some "discipline" LOL
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I'll eat anything in particular- I think I will just go out to a restaurant I like and order something I like to eat without worrying about exactly what is in it. I hate struggling to journal the ingredients in restaurant food. I wish they all had to show the nutritional information- not that I would necessarily make different choices, but so that I could at least know what I was eating! I'll have an explosion roll at my favorite sushi restaurant. Or the vegetable korma at my favorite Indian place. Or the chile relleno at my favorite Mexican place. And I won't worry that I can't journal the exact ingredients, I'll just enjoy them. It will be wonderful!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    A 5lb gummy bear. I'm of a mind to test the laws of thermodynamics.
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Mexican

Racist.

It's racist to like Mexican food? Since when?
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! I do have allow myself to give in once in awhile. And, I do not plan on eating like crazy once I reach my GW. I have not had fast food burger and fries in probably 2-3 years and I am going to celebrate. I want to and its not going to kill me (hopefully) or my weight loss. I will continue to eat the same things on a daily basis. Congrats to all of you who have successfully lost weight while continuing to eat pizza, cookies, cake, burgers, etc on a regular basis. I am not one of the people who that works for. Sorry. I do not cry because I can't eat it and I will have a cookie or two on occassion. Its not cruel. Its rewarding to loose weight and be healthy.

I am also one of those people who is "all or nothing". I have difficulty limiting myself when it comes to junk food so I have to cut myself off completely. Congratulations on your weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • alycat1990
    alycat1990 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I would stick to an 80/20 rule if I were you. That's what I do now and I'm still in the process of loosing. 80% eat healthy 20% of the time have a little something that you normally wouldn't... like a celebration meal or day. You know, like if your at a birthday party and people are having cake, or wine... have some, just don't overdo it. Never deprive yourself 100% because that is the worst thing you can do - we are all human and we all have wants/needs/cravings for everything in life.

Binging on bad foods like that will probably make you revert (no offense) and bring back those cravings for the sugar, salts, fats and MSG.

Unfortunately for people like us, who tend to gain weight easier, and who have a history of being over-weight/obese , watching what we eat and how much we exercise is going to be a life long commitment :flowerforyou:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Same as I eat now and have for the last year I have been doing this. There is nothing I haven't allowed myself if I wanted it so there is nothing I am desperate to have.

This. This is the perfect attitude to have when losing weight. Depriving yourself of treats and splurges only sets you up for a big fat binge. I allow myself a serving of chocolate covered raisins every single night to curb dessert and snack cravings and going over my goal. So when I'm tempted to eat that entire tub of guacamole to myself, I remember the treat I have saved for myself at the end of the day, and I put it down and walk away.
  • Reneeisfat
    Reneeisfat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahahha!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :tongue: :happy: :laugh:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Mexican

I think you have a problem.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Pinkberry. The large size. Because I earned it.... Fine I lied... the medium, I can't stomach the bigger size..
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Mexican

Racist.

'
    He wasn't talking about the food.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    Same thing im eating now. Im not cutting bodyfat just in order to binge and start eating junk again.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    The exact same thing I am eating now. If I go back to my old ways the weight will just come back.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Nothing different than I eat now. I don't deprive myself anything, otherwise I binge.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I have gained 60-80 pounds multiple times in my life, many multiple times. Therefore, I eat now as I plan to eat at GW. Otherwise, I'll be back to dividing foods into "diet" and "normal." I have cut back on foods, yes. However, there is no finish line. There is only today, every day.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Mexican

Racist.

'
    He wasn't talking about the food.

Trust me, I resemble that remark.
  • farfromperfectdottv
    Options
    I have a cheat meal every week, but the one food I have not had in the last 11 months I've been losing weight has been fried chicken. I keep telling myself one of my cheat meals I'll eat some, but I always find I have a different craving that day. I'll probably indulge in some deep-fried goodness from Chicken Express when I reach my GW :)
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I eat those things now, just not very often. If I wait til I reach goal to eat them, I would just start gaining again, because I would go over board if I didn't allow myself to have them sometimes. :)))