WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2013

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,914 Member
2066133lbhv7q3t78.gif

:bigsmile: Welcome to the friendly community of women supporting and encouraging each other on the journey to weight loss and better health and fitness.

:flowerforyou: The title say women ages 50+ but all women are welcome.

:flowerforyou: How did you do with your goals and resolutions for February? What goals and resolutions to you have planned for March?

:flowerforyou: Whether you have been part of this thread for awhile or are just joining us this month, we’re glad you are here. This is a journey best taken with others and with a healthy dose of Vitamin F (friends).

:flowerforyou: To help us get to know each other better, consider signing your posts with your first name or a nickname and your geographical location.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

Resolutions for February (with end of the month comments)
*Add more yoga stretches to each day (lots of good stretching this month)
*Weight training three times a week (twice a week was what I accomplished)
*Act the way I want to feel (there have been some challenges and this helped but I was not always successful)
*Put half ounce of walnuts in morning shake (every day)

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

Resolutions for March
*twice a week dance practice at home
* make appointment and go see the osteoporosis doctor
*act the way I want to feel

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options
    Drove home today. It's funny, the condo has this shopping cart you can use to bring things up/down and when Vince went to go get it to load it up to take to the car, Bonnie, Clyde, and Loki were sitting in front of the door. See, they didn't want to leave.....lol

Didn't exercise today, spent the day driving. Got home around 8, had some dinner

grandmalle - you've had me have a craving for those chocolate bran muffins, so even tho I didn't need to up my water and I really didn't want it, I had to have one.

Eileen - congrats on taking the water with you! Wonderful!

Nancy - have a wonderful trip. What kind of Spanish do you have downloaded? Where did you get it?

Lucy in DE - I think we all (well, probably except for barbie) have chocolate binges. The important thing, and you succeeded, is not to let it go on and on

It's almost midnight, so will skim the posts and be back tomorrow.

Cheryl - yea, you're getting your Fitbit! Now get a mammogram!!!!!

Lin - congrats on your loss

lentinogirl - enjoy your party

jolene - feel better fast

Brooke - now to donate those pants! You don't need them now and you never will.

barbie - good thoughts for Jake's new defib

jane - prayers

Making my comments short. I can feel my sinuses are acting up, will probably take a decongestant before going to bed. This always happens when we go to FL, there is just such a change in the barometric pressure.

Deb - welcome!

How did I do with my Feb. goal of adding more protein. Well, I would probably say I achieved 50/50.

Have a great evening everyone.

Michele now in NC
  • TeriLynnSpano
    TeriLynnSpano Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: My goals for March are: Do water aerobics at least 1 hour, 5 days per week! Eat healthy and lose 2 lbs each week! Call and make an appointment for myself and my children to have our teeth cleaned! Focus on the beauty of each day and the beautiful and possitive actions of people every day!:heart: See each of you here on mfp every day, Teri:bigsmile:
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump to find you again! Eileen in sunny San Diego
  • junekaatz
    junekaatz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump....
  • christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I PROTEST. IT'S STILL FEBRUARY!! (Kidding)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    2066133lbhv7q3t78.gif

Barbie, I love this message. It is so true, and so you! Happy first of March.:flowerforyou:

My goals are the same, log my food and exercise, and try to remember to drink plenty of water.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • nanasorchid52
    Options
    Dydd Dewi Saint Hapus!

Today it is St David's Day in Wales UK! St David is the patron Saint and there is lots of Welsh heritage to celebrate!

This afternoon I will go to the Eisteddfod celebrations at two of my Grandchildren' school! Each class will perform from age three to eleven. It will include Welsh songs, poems and dancing and is so cute! The girls wear National costumes and the boys maybe caps and waistcoats or Welsh rugby shirts. I will wear a daffodil the national flower.

I have made some traditional Welsh cakes and some Leek and Potato soup. ( leeks are the national vegetable)

There will be competitions in school for drawing and story writing which culminates in the "Chairing of the Baird"

Such a lovely day and it was my favourite day in school when I was teaching. We would make Welsh cakes with the three and four year olds and hold an Eisteddfod . I never knew what was going to happen and they were always quite funny! My Welsh is not that good as I come from London!

Got a bit behind with febs thread so I will just wish you all the best with your March goals!

Febs results
    1 Continue to eat well and maintain my weight : Lost 4lbs and got to goal! YIPPEE!
    2 From today average 10,000 steps a day : Made a great effort and pleased with achievement.

March goals
    1 attempt Jillian Michaels 30 day shred Level 1
    2 Continue to make Healthy scrummy low fat meals
    3 maintain weight and have fun!!!!

Have a lovely day

Good luck with your goals

Keep smiling
    Jo
    Wales UK
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Thank you to all for the well wishes.

@Cheryl I am happy to I haven't come done with the bug either.
    @Lin congrats on the los
    @Michele. Enjoy your trip.

Sign up for 2 - races this year one is in August called the Color dash 5k and in Sept to be a part of a 3k the Women's. Celebration. Again will be in the walking part. Getting a training plan together.

@Jo from Wales "Dyed Dewie Saintnl Hapus to you.

Well heartburn attack yuk so up for a bit. It's beginning to lessen so going to go try to get some sleep.

Wishing everyone a happy Friday.

Liz from Caldwell, Idaho
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Bump and Happy March!

Jackie
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hello sisters,
    This is my first plan a head month on here. I only found you yesterday and yesterday was my 28th day on mfp.

All in all I had a good February and lost 12lbs. 82lbs to go! it was less than I'd hoped for but I'm surprisingly ok with that. February was a month of change for me. I moved my son out to his own flat , a bitter sweet thing. There'll always be a home in my heart and at my heath for him. I began to accept stuff about my failed marriage which has led me to make some very fundamental conclusions about the position I am in. I've accepted more responsibility about me and I'm slowly rebuilding myself.

resolutions:
    1.. Keep on track! Keep logging everything!
    2. Walk more.
    3. Practice Mindfulness everyday.

Barbie- Thanks for doing this!
    Jo- Dydd Dewi Saint Hapus!
    MacMadame- Wow! Well done just 1lb to the 100! Great work girl! :-D
    Good luck for March everyone! (Deep breathe and here we go!)

Jacqui in a grey but thankfully dry Devon, England.
    :drinker:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,084 Member
    Options
    Bump.......!
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy March! I love the beginning of a month and everything being new again.

February's goals were met and unmet:

FEBRUARY'S GOALS:
    1. To end the month at or not far from the distance/pace I was running before I got sick (and I actually got sick twice).
    :happy: I have SURPASSED this goal.

2. To drop a few more pounds. I'm not going to put a number on it. A woman's body does weird things like retains water. I simply want to be a "few pounds" lighter at the end of the month. I lost 7 from 1/10/13-1/31/13. That would be an agreeable amount for the month of February.
    :happy: Well, I am around 7 pounds lighter. I can't exactly tell if it's 6 or 7 because I can't narrow down the date here. Am I missing how to see how much we weighed on a particular date? It's not marked on my report and it could either be one number or another. Either way, I am happy, happy, HAPPY!

3. To put in one hour a day on my Russian language work.
    :noway: Big, fat, old failure! I remember a few weeks ago driving to language lessons and my daughter and I learning our numbers on the way! This was probably not realistic.

4. To faithfully do my personal training routine 3 times a week, start to finish, at home. (Totally separate from the running work.)
    :happy: This was a success, but more because I got in the Broad Street Run and it's part of the training plan.

5. Paint for no less than 5 hours each week. This shouldn't have to be a goal. Five hours for an artist is pitiful.
    :ohwell: On average, I'm painting about 2 hours more each week. This was probably not realistic either. I have to find studio space in order to make this happen

MARCH GOALS:
    1. Russian Language Lessons--practice/study for an average of 2.5 hours each week.
    2. Painting--no less than 4 hours each week. (I can do this at the current studio).
    3. Increase to a long distance run once a week of 6 miles by end of month, without walking any part of it.
    4. Do strength training one hour per week at home (even if part of cross training day). Already see the trainer twice a week to prep for run.
    5. Begin to organize my office and home and to see a noticeable difference by end of month.
    6. To lose about another 7 pounds.

There it is.

Jackie in Cherry Hill Outside of Philly
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Happy March!!! Spring will be here soon:love: !!!

Barbie:smile: Thanks for continuing the thread! Love the graphic!!!!! Vit. F is probably the most important Vit. to have!!!

Goals for Feb:
    1) go to every training session for 5K...:bigsmile: yes, even though I`m just walking now because I have pneumonia, I`m still there twice a week!!!
    2) Check out yoga place...:frown: , didn`t have time:cry:
    3) Be grateful for every ounce or inch that comes off...:bigsmile: , yes, I lost one of the three pounds I`ve been struggling with since Nov., and lost 1/2 " in my hips!!!
    4) Check in here everyday...:bigsmile: , yes!
    5) Try one new low cal recipe...:indifferent: , I don`t remember if I did or not:embarassed: .

I will be back later to post my goals for March! It`s after 7am already and I must get ready for a morning meeting:grumble: !

Lila & M:smile::smile: So good to see you both!!!! I`ve missed your posts!!!!

Have a wonderful day ladies!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in chilly NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,
    Well I tried the elliptical yesterday, and was in severe pain for the rest of the day, now both heels hurt:grumble:
    I am at a loss of what to do at the gym anymore, my stamina on the recumbent bike isnt there either:grumble:
    I do alright with the machines but that doesnt really get your heart rate up.
    I will not give up.. I will find something that will get me going again.I guess we all have good days and bad days ,and today is not a great one for exercise for me:ohwell:
    I am doing ok with my 1200 calories a day and i am religous about logging it in....
    well I am getting flack from the DH because I haven't cooked a big meal this week,even that my hours are cut. I think he wants a homecooked meal every night and everything all done when he gets home...
    He is very good about doing things around the house, laundry,pellet stove,and he is a wiz at cleaning bathrooms so I consider myself lucky,but sometimes I just am not in the mood to cook,anyone with me on that:wink:
    will check in tonight when I get home~ everyone have a sparkling day:heart:
  • mouth5667
    mouth5667 Posts: 53
    Options
    Bump for when I get back from my travels. Lets see, I will be "off the grid" (I won't have my laptop, just my smart phone so I will be be logging) for 1 week. We are on page 1 now. I am predicting page15 by the time I get back! Have a great week everyone, good luck with your goals, and as DeeDee would say, DRINK THAT WATER! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
    Gail, metro Atlanta
  • mouth5667
    mouth5667 Posts: 53
    Options
    :laugh: It tried to post twice, so I erased the second one. It won't let you post "an empty post" and it doesn't give you option to delete so you get this!:laugh:
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    February goals:
    1. Measure and chart all food every day -
    I did pretty well with this. Charted on mfp every day but sometimes I submitted the amount too early and I went over later in the evening
    2. Continue to stay off the scale and just trust the process.

Eat 5 fruits/veggies a day.
    exercise 30 min/5 days a week
    Figure out my TDEE and other important numbers(?)
    Continue to say "NO" to goodies at work and eat only what's in my lunchbox.
  • jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    bump for later