What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Bikini_by_30
    Bikini_by_30 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I keep mine pretty consistant during the week. Oatmeal and a piece of fruit.
    On the weekends, I love eggs with fruit.
  • nikki_dw
    nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ideas! Thanks everyone.

All of these oatmeal suggestions got me thinking about making a big batch of slow cooker oatmeal during the weekend and adding fruit throughout the week. Like some others said, I'm not as concerned about sugar from natural sources, like fruit, as I am from processed foods.
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    Plain oatmeal (instant pack by Quaker), half cup of almond milk, 7-9 strawberries and tsp of cinnamon. So delicious!
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    I usually eat eggs and bacon, or else I'll have a few of my homemade pumpkin-walnut protein bars. Breakfast is my favorite meal I think...

well, they're kind of ALL my favorite meals I guess, but breakfast is definitely in the top 6...
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Cereal, skim milk, and 1 tbsp of raisins; plus coffee.
  • drob0708
    drob0708 Posts: 8
    Options
    there is a online recipe for refrigerator oatmeal. whole oats , equal amount of milk , soy or almond if u choose , one single serve container of sugar free apple sauce and tsp of cinnamon . mix it up good , sits in frig all night then takes less than a minute to heat up in morning . add fruit if you want . its pretty good
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    2 fried eggs, 2 slices of canadian bacon on top of tomato slices with sliced avocado. I was happy.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    90% of the time I eat cereal, at weekends if I stay elsewhere and I'm not home I just try to keep it low calorie like fruit, yoghurts, plain pancakes, etc.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    toasted PB sandwich OR a protein shake
  • crabbok
    crabbok Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I eat a handful of cheerios on my way out the door almost every morning.
  • aa62579
    aa62579 Posts: 57
    Options
    I eat breakfast when I get to work, so I need to keep it simple.

So far, something I have not tired of is 1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese with 1-2 Tbls of some kind of jelly, jam, fruit spread, etc.
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    some type of cereal and almond milk. I change up the type of cereal to keep from getting bored with it. I measure out the milk the night before and take it with me to eat on my break and the cereal I keep in my desk. Weekends I generally don't eat breakfast unless I am super hungry.
  • daniellegwilliam
    daniellegwilliam Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    2-3 scrambeled eggs, with green oniion, tomoato, red pepper, a little cheese and coffee

An omelette with sauteed spinach, tomoato and avocodo slices, 1 piece whole grain toast

today was 3 hardboiled eggs, 125g ham and half an avacodo

some days I have greek yogurt with strawberries and "holy crap" breakfast cereal (chia seeds, hemp hearts, buckwheat, raisins and cinnamon)
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    However, it's killing my sugar intake!

There is a low-carb/high-protein kind of slim fast.

http://www.slim-fast.com/products/shakes/High-Protein-Creamy-Chocolate.aspx
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You can even buy hard boiled eggs already cooked and peeled at the market! To avoid the cholesterol, I nuke a 1/2 cup of egg whites out of a carton for about 1 minute 20 seconds and take it with and eat it cold at work. Tastes the same.... And fresh fruit of course.... usually cantaloupe.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    On days I work I usually have a protein shake while I am driving to work (with Optimum Nutrition vanilla ice cream powder and 1T of peanut butter and 1/2 banana. That's my favorite but I've also made other flavor combinations (strawberry, etc).

When I am at home I usually have scrambled eggs and bacon. Sometimes a piece of toast with it.

I used to eat oatmeal for breakfast but it doesn't keep me full for very long.
  • j4zepedajj
    Options
    I have a pretty good breakfast shake that I put on my blog o my profile... It has everything you'll need for your morning.. and I have seen significant differences with it... Take a look!
    :)
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    I'm all over the place with breakfast. If I have a little time (doubtful with a toddler) I'll do a couple of eggs and whole wheat toast. If I'm in a hurry it's a zone or mojo bar or a protein shake and granola bar. I AM a morning person just super busy all the time seems like.
  • mk834
    mk834 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of staples that I rotate between for breakfast. Sometimes I have a fibrous cereal with unsweetened original almond milk, frozen raspberries, some walnuts, and milled chia seeds. Other days I'll have nonfat greek yogurt with some sort of fruit, nut, and chia. Today, I had a huge breakfast after a really good workout: a Siggi's probiotic yogurt drink (kefir); some light rice cakes with peanut butter, chia, and bananas; and cottage cheese with frozen raspberries. I love breakfast!
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just eat a low fat Thomas' english muffin with peanut butter.

Yep, thats my go to or I will put 1TBS peanut butter on an Arnold's Sandwich thin. Quick, easy, and portable. I have an hour commute so portable is key for me.