Fat sick and nearly dead.

Options

Replies

• _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I was expecting more pics of fat, sick and nearly dead people.

Disappointed.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I have gone on a shorter, modified juice fast and had success. My father did a fast for about 20ish days and lost in the ball park of 20 lbs. However if you do one, you wanna buy in bulk (coscto / farmers market) to help keep the cost down :smile:
  • Penelope2738
    Penelope2738 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Award for most depressing thread title.
    LOL!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    You will miss CHEWING

Doesn't chewing burn calories anyway? There we go, juicing = bad, chewing = good.
  • Adrini
    Adrini Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I saw the show but really I didn't get the "juicing is God" thing from it.

I got that we have WAY too much processed food in our diet, and some fairly dangerous chemicals to boot. I got that working out, getting fresh air and taking care of ourselves is a needed part of life. The best thing I got is the "your body wants to be healthy" message. If I treat my body well it will do it's best to return the favor. I wants to help you.

Juicing is useful. If I make my own apple juice, for instance, I will know what is in that apple juice. No guessing needed. The same reason I like making food from scratch, when I have time. I know what I am eating, and even better what I am not.

In the end the best message is that, outside of major health issues, we are as healthy as we set out to be. That is very empowering.
  • BOLO4Hagatha
    BOLO4Hagatha Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I did it for a few weeks. As long as you are using things like kale, beets, and dark greens to get your liver in better working order I believe it is beneficial. One other thing that juicing is... Expensive. Takes a lot of vegetables to make just one juice. It did make me feel better when I did it, but it might of just been a placebo effect.

Agree on the use of green veggies and cost of things.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I hear that if you only eat prune juice through a snorkel on the second Tuesday after a blue moon, you will lose a lot of weight. Actually, I saw it in a movie, so it must be true. They did their research and my cousin Polly Donwannacracka tried it and like omg she is totally skinny now!!!
  • KeRAWRi
    KeRAWRi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I juiced a 24 oz New York Strip steak, a loaded baked potato, and two slices of Texas Toast before I ate them last night, and I did not gain a pound. It has to work.

:laugh:
  • RunningMama32
    RunningMama32 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I agree! The whole point of juicing is to put ALOT more fruits and veggies into a meal, you could NOT add that much stuff to a shake. So you would be getting alot more nutrients from juicing. The show was inspiring and the reason it was inspiring was it helped these people start a healthy lifestyle. No they can't juice forever but it was just a jump start towards health. I bought a juicer because i like the idea of putting alot of nutrients in my childrens cups, instead of buying processed juice. I say go for it! It's not going to hurt to do small juicing cleanses.
  • daklex
    daklex Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Take what you want, leave the rest.

If it's not for you, move on.

Peace.
  • justinegrey
    justinegrey Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I prefer green smoothies to green juice, since you lose the fiber with juicing. I've only ever done a liquid fast, where you can have green juice, green smoothies, tea, water and raw soups. It was wonderful and I really liked it. But because I wasn't doing all green juice, I didn't have to worry about what happens when you don;t have fiber. I don't remember it really being addressed in the movie, but when you do green juice fasts, you are suppose to have regular colonics...eek!
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I've been juicing consistently everyday. I didn't do a fast though. just 12-24 oz a day, but one thing is my skin a Way better than before. I have Diabetes which makes my skin heal very slowly. leaving larger scarring. but after the juicing. The healing accelerate like crazy.What not to love. I personally know a Gerson therapist. She has really cured cases of end Stage Cancer with Juicing and colon cleanse. That makes me a believer.
    For those who doesn't know what Gerson therapy look up " A beautiful Truth " on Youtube or Netflix.
  • losin4ever
    losin4ever Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My husband and I juiced for different amount of days. He juiced for 4 straight days. Felt awful. But stuck to it...and now adds a veggie juice once in awhile but has changed his eating habits for the better because of trying it.
    I juiced straight for 5 days. Loved it!! BUT did have a few issues so realized that for me, I needed to eat but in better portions and better choices and I always have a GREEN juice to start my day!!!! Yesterday I skipped juicing for the whole day because just was a hectic day and the effects were horrible.....Sluggish and Tired and just not a good feeling. So now I know....Juice on to start my day....and maybe add one for lunch and eat a sensible dinner......For me, I will never be a vegan....but adding more fresh leafy greens and good fruits is a plus!!!!!! Eating the way God intended. Use fresh local produce and support our local farmers!!!!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    What? Huh...Juicing is illegal, try human growth hormones - harder detect.
  • lizjjam
    lizjjam Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Much prefer the crunch. Did a very brief juice fast a few years back. nearly vommed everytime I had to drink it, hate the consistency..
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I loved the documentary, though I didn't take it as a 'I'm gonna juice all my meals for two months to lose weight' kinda thing.
    I bought a cheaper hamilton beach juicer, and I use it instead of buying juice at stores, and as easy way to get more fruits and veggies in my diet. Thats all.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    The only negatives were 1) the craving to "chew" something, which may have gone away if I had done the fast longer and

I sincerely doubt the craving to chew would have gone away. Human beings were meant to eat, that's a biological imperative. If that goes away, you're in big trouble, medically speaking.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    My friend does it. He lost 16 pounds in a month. I don't think it is sustainable for long periods, but good nutrition to add to your diet. My 2-year-old drinks the Kale, beet, green apple and lemon mix. He devours it. Would he eat those? Probably not. (By the way, Oxyclean does a good job of getting beet juice out of a onsie)
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    The only advantages I ever saw to juicing was:
    1) once when a friend had his broken jaw wired shut and all food had to go through a straw,and
    2) when I was ill and could not tolerate solid food on a long term basis.
    Protien shakes and liquid meal replacements are not all that and a bag of chips LOL. Juices can exit the stomach a little faster than its chewed counterpart, and sometimes one is just desperate for fresh fruit.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    My friend does it. He lost 16 pounds in a month. I don't think it is sustainable for long periods, but good nutrition to add to your diet. My 2-year-old drinks the Kale, beet, green apple and lemon mix. He devours it. Would he eat those? Probably not. (By the way, Oxyclean does a good job of getting beet juice out of a onsie)

Totally forgot about using it to disguise nutritious foods that a child might be less than willing to eat because of texture! Good one!
    We used to hide all sorts of stuff in spaghetti sauce this way. He could spot the stuff run through the food processor because air would always whip in and make it a bit foamy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!