Lose 5 Pounds a Month- June 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Speaking of my picky nephew.... he is in better spirits today. He is back to his normal smiley self but he still won't eat! Not even his finger foods today! :grumble:

I am SO happy that I am leaving for vacation tomorrow. Thank goodness. The stresses of the baby acting like a little monster, trying to get scuba certified, falling off the wagon with my weight loss, and family visiting left and right (don't get me wrong, I love them but you know how it is!) is really getting to me. I have felt really overwhelmed the past few weeks and like everything is spiraling out of control. To top it off, my boyfriend's mother got into a car wreck today. I need this vacation!!

What's the saying.....When it rains, it pours! Hope you have a great vacation!
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Have a great vacation Amanda! You will feel better after a get away and you should feel more rejuvenated and ready to take on your journey! I myself am terrified about this weekend as my dh and I are going to a wine and food event on Sunday for our anniversary...
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Amanda - enjoy your vacation! Congrats on the scuba cert! I LOVE diving! You will enjoy your whole new world under the sea!

As for the poptart thing.....maybe you could say "Ah a pop tart...l used to LOVE pop tarts, but look where that got me..." Maybe that will make the mom think twice about her choices. :laugh: Just sayin' :bigsmile:

Kelly
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Kelly- I think that's great advice.
  • iwillweighlessoneday
    iwillweighlessoneday Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I really need to be held accountable. :)

CW (2 June) 238
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Morning All....this has been an awful week as far as food goes! Monday we had crazy good bbq smoked ribs, and of course their were leftovers. So yesterday while I was getting my morning snack I noticed the container of ribs, I only had three rib pieces but that threw me for the rest of the day, I know how many cal's are in ribs so I just didn't eat again til dinner. Of course I was really hunger at dinner, but I was good, I only had seconds on the steamed spinach. To make sure the ribs didn't temp me anymore they were given a home home across the street with me neighbor, she was happy to give them a home. Hope everyone else is recovering from the week-end better than I am!!!!

This is totally off topic but I have to throw it out there....I have a home daycare, and one of my dc Mom's has been ALL about breastfeeding, that's all I heard for about for six months, only breastmilk, its best and healthy. So today she comes in and says her "dd didn't have b'fast so I brought it so she could have it here." Okay, so what does she hand me....a pop tart, a freakin' pop tart, and a bottle of breast milk....oh real healthy (P.S dd is 10 months old)! And dc mom is always complaining about her weight, she's the same height as me, 5'7" and is well over 200. I would love to tell her she's setting her dd up for the same weight problems she has, but that would probably be way over the line. Oh well , rant over!

Have a great day!

I too do home daycare and it can be a nightmare what some parents send in the door with their kids. I have one little girl who is overweight at the age of 4. Her mom brings her in at 7 am with suckers or candy...one day this week it was a bowl of pickles....at least they are low calorie. Most the time she gives me her treat and tells me she is going to eat it for breakfast. By breakfast time she usually has forgotten but even so I won't let her have a "treat' that no one else can have. I know breast milk is probably the best nutritionally but breastfeeding is also about the bonding that happens when you as the mother sit down and hold that baby while feeding. That happens when parents give bottles of formula also.

I always say the hardest part of about doing daycare is training the parents. The kids are easy!:laugh: :laugh:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I am one of those bad parents who keep poptarts in the cupboard. I have one who seems to have very specialized tastes. Not kidding. I have not done a lot of research but I think it may me due to his geographic tongue. If you look at his tongue it looks different every day and the doctor called it a geographic tongue. He absolutely will not drink milk. From the time I weaned him everytime I gave him milk he would spit it out. He only eats certain fruits...because most of them taste bad. Vegetables are as bad as milk. He is my carb king. He is slowly trying new foods so I am taking it slow and not forcing it because I do not want him to hate any food but experience them in a positive way....I WILL NEVER BE A PARENT WHO MAKES MY KIDS SIT AT THE TABLE UNTIL THEY EAT THEIR VEGETABLES OR TRY A NEW FOOD.

But that is my parenting style and may not be yours. My kids are very active and thin. By the time I was 11 like my daughter I was already overweight. But we spend a lot of time doing activities and talking about healthy eating. It will one day wear off on the youngest.

Have a great evening. It is 8 and time for our nightly popcorn ritual!

Be healthy!

Terri
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Terri--- I saw Dr. Oz talk about the difference between taste buds in adults and children. I googled it and found this at http://www.bestsyndication.com/?q=100907_dr_oz_on_oprah_winfrey_childhood_obesity_statistics_diabetes_weight_loss.htm

"Dr. Oz said that kids don’t like to eat vegetables because they have more sensitive taste buds. Kids taste bitter easier because way back before civilization happened they needed to have a way to avoid poisonous foods which often were bitter. They tended to desire sweet foods because they were not poisonous. So that is why kids today tend to like sweet foods and bland foods. Dr. Oz said that children tend to follow a white food only diet because of their bland and sweet tastes."

Interesting, right?

Thanks for the well wishes for my vacation, everyone! I am looking forward to "getting away" for a bit and hope I can relax some. I did well today as far as eating goes, and that has helped tremendously.
  • animechic23
    Options
    Count me in for this one! I love everyones enthusiasm in this group I did the one for may but didn't start til the middle so I'm excited to start this one at the beginning! I weighed myself this morning (6-3-10) and I was at 229 exactly so by the end of june I will be at 224 but my challenge will be to get to 220! Wish me luck! Everyone needs some luck every now and then. So here is my luck to give to all of u. Take a flower! :flowerforyou:
  • brieann
    brieann Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm in!!! how do i join? I need to lose 36lbs. right now I'm 176, uh and I'm only 5'2", it's so hard!!
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi PALS, I can't believe it is FRIDAY already. The week was busy and fast. School ended and it is summer now! YIPPEE!

Brieann- We weigh in every Friday. Write as often as you like, as you can see from the posts. We are all pretty good friends and you are most welcome to join as well as many other new comers. Motivation and support is what it is all about.
    You are in the right site... and good luck! You can do it.

Animechic23- Good LUCK on the goal for June. I know you can do it if you work hard, eat healthy, exercise and DRINK plenty of water. WATER is the KEY I have really learned a lot about drinking water. I always have a bottle of water on my desk, in my car as I drive and sitting next tot he couch when I am home. Just sip away and slip away!!! TEE HEE

I will weigh in and let you know my results soon for the past week. If I didn't lose any I know it is because of STRESS. The week was hectic!! and we had a lot of deadlines. STRESS can make you hold the weight so I am told.

But hopefully I lost some even if it is a half pound. PHYLJEN
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    brieann - you're in! Welcome!! :)

I didn't get much workout in today, but I did get a few walks. Even when I was a the ballpark for my nephew's game, I had my mom drive my car back to my brother's house so I could walk. My neice & 2 nephews decided to walk along with me! :happy:

Then I decided to get on the trampoline & jump with the kids for 15 minutes! I even did 3 flips! I haven't done that in probably 25 years! What fun!!!

Finally when I got home a bit ago, logged in my dinner & I was 7 calories over...so I jumped on the treadmill for a few minutes! Yay! Happy Friday to all tomorrow! :drinker:

Kelly
  • phyljen
    Options
    brieann - you're in! Welcome!! :)

I didn't get much workout in today, but I did get a few walks. Even when I was a the ballpark for my nephew's game, I had my mom drive my car back to my brother's house so I could walk. My neice & 2 nephews decided to walk along with me! :happy:

Then I decided to get on the trampoline & jump with the kids for 15 minutes! I even did 3 flips! I haven't done that in probably 25 years! What fun!!!

Finally when I got home a bit ago, logged in my dinner & I was 7 calories over...so I jumped on the treadmill for a few minutes! Yay! Happy Friday to all tomorrow! :drinker:

Kelly

Kelly YOU ARE AWESOME! FLIPPING OUT and all! LOL:laugh: I have not tried flipping on a tramp EVER.... I'd probably break myself in half.
    You are truly a great example of making a change in your life style for the good. Think of the great example you are to everyone that is watching you. GO GIRL!!! Phyljen I'm so proud of you.
  • phyljen
    Options
    Hi Pals:
    I just did 35 minutes of Pilates with a new DVD that I bought last summer. It is amazing how good I feel after doing Pilates. It is about the best thing to do since my knee injury and I have really grown to love it. I still can't lay on my back and flip my legs over my head and touch the floor in back but I am working on it. They make it look so easy on the DVD.
    I'll be back in the pool tomorrow and can't wait for a swim too. In this weather SWIMMING is the BEST!
    Just weighed in and looks like I am 135 this morning. I'll take it!
    SW Jan 159
    June 4th 135.
    Slowly but surely the weight is melting away.
    Good luck everyone.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    It's Friday! Yeah!!

Well I hopped on the scale this morning sure that I would again see 139, nope.....141 WTH:noway: :mad: :explode: Are you flippin' kidding me, ugh!!!!!! This is one of those moments when I want to say the hell with it and head to BK for a Whopper. Okay, pity party over this week was not great as far as caloric intake (of course I didn't think I was gaining)!

Well hope everyone else had a productive week, and have a healthy week-end!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    January 1 weight 185.6

May 1st weight 174

June 1st weight 175 (bad, bad, bad long weekend) I just changed that I realized I hit the wrong key

June 4 weight 176.4 Must be retaining water I have had a great week eating!:sad: :sad:
  • sunger12
    sunger12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

This is my first post, which is a pretty big step for me, so ahead of time, thanks for the support and motivation!

Currently, I weigh 228, my goal is to be 220 by the end of the month.

So far, I've been doing a combination of elliptical, crossramp and zumba at least 5 days a week. Each workout, I try to burn 500 calories.

Here's to a happy June!
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    June 1 weight: 156
    June 4 weight: 155

I am happy to see the scale moving. Best of luck, everyone!
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Morning!

June 1: 162
    June 4: 160.2

I have done really well food and exercise-wise for the last couple of days. Yesterday, I went for a power walk with my 16 mo. old in the stroller. According to my new HRM I only burnt 268 cals, But it was sooooo hot and humid out I was sweating my butt off! DF was not very happy! He thought we were going on a leisurely walk. HAHA! Anyway, after we got home he signed up for MFP and started tracking calories. Good for him! I don't expect it to last, tho. He works out but doesn't really want to change the way he eats. He did pack healthy food to take to work today. We are getting married in October so it would be nice for him to take off a few lbs, too.
    Hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Well, it's Friday, 3 days prior to my weigh in day and I'm headed out of town again this weekend. Going 4wheeling at a friends house. Not many places to really exercise this weekend and that worries me. Even worse, they always eat out or have huge bbq's, so I plan on bringing lots of water and a few snacks to try and help me. Hopefully when I come home and weigh in Monday morning, I'll see even 1/2 a lb gone. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you all Monday mornig!! XoxoxoX Bru