Black Team- A Team of Champions!

Options

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    GGOOOOODDDD MMMMOOOORRRRNNNNIIIINNNNGGGG!!

I looked in the mirror, before weigh in and I said I am skinny...I got on the scale and lost 1 pounds..Hey I will take every little bit I can get..Now eating frosted mini wheat and off to the gym I go!!
    Love ya'll

Have a fabulous day!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Oh yah, one more thing. Tell me something you 'got' out of each article. Something that hit home. Something that made you think.

Both articles reminded me of my best friend Sherri. I will forward them on to her. She has had so many trying times, but has always kept a healthy body. She also completed her BA and then MA while caring for a husband with Alzheimers.

She loves affirmations and positive thinking. When I started losing weight I had sticky notes everywhere:

"YOU LOST A POUND!'

"WHO IS THAT IN THE MIRROR???"

"SIZE 12!!'

"SIZE 10!'

"SIZE 8!"

"SIZE 6!"

I became satisfied with how far I had come, happy with my successes. What I also did was lose sight of the future. The size 6 is gone.........not far, but a fluffernutter pillow top spews over the top of my size 6 skinny jeans. All due to little exercise!

So I will be posting my goals later today. I am putting up a post it on my mirror right now that says" I feel GREAT when I walk 2 miles!!" I am also setting up a workout schedule that will be every bit as important as grocery shopping or posting hello to you all!!

Love yas!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,756 Member
    Options
    Great job everybody! I wish I could share the whole first chapter of my book with you, I love it that much. It hits home. One of the things about saying your positive affirmations/goals is to say them/ write them in present tense. It's easier for your brain to process it. Instead of I will, it's I am or I do! Don't make it sound like it might happen, make it sound like it did!

Also, if you say, I will not eat sweets, in your brain all it gets is I eat sweets. Instead say, I make healthy food choices. Personally I've been saying to myself.... sweets are poison. :tongue: I don't want my brain to get confused!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone!

lori- i'll try to read through those articles at some point today. thanks for posting them.

i've been feeling a little squishy and chubby lately, probably due to the fact that i stopped logging my food and haven't exercised in over a week! i AM gonna get out and walk today. the sun is out for now, hopefully it stays that way. it's been raining all week so far, and the damn school bus has been coming so late in the morning i just can't get to the Y in time for class. anyway, i told you guys a while ago about the pretty dress i bought for my cousin's wedding, then never took a picture of myself in it. one of my cousins posted one on facebook today, so here it is.
    31293_579751785790_17901606_3381461.jpg

those are my two little sisters next to me. (the blonde one is actually shorter than me, but just has higher heels. I am NOT the shortest! :laugh: )
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Beth you look so wonderfully healthy! Blue is a great color for you too! :love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Affirmation:

"I can and will reach my weight loss goals"

I am no longer happy with being fat skinny. I love the new me, do not get me wrong, but I need to get real with myself.

138.5 (or 134 which is my standing weight pretty much) is not OK. THe only reason I stopped losing, is I stopped working.

Yes, I log my food so I have maintained my weight loss. Yes I am better at eating good vs bad foods. NO I have not stayed away from the white stuff and NO I have not exercised the way I should.

I mean seriously folks............Marla RUNS every other night! RUNS>..........not walks or wogs..........freaking RUNS!! She looks great and this is why!

I will not run, because I do not want to do more dmg to my body than is already there. But I can walk and do intervals with the c25k.

So my short term goals are:
    1. drink 4 bottles of water a day
    2. Walk 5 minutes (ANDREW!!! Remember.........5 always leads to 45, right??)
    3. Eat 2 fruits
    4. Eat 3 veggies
    5. work to eliminate the whites again. Work in progress here.

Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration folks. I have such love in my heart for each of you and talk about you all as if I have known you forever!

:heart: :smooched: Jeannie
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Beth, you look wonderful! Keep up the good work. Get back to logging, young lady, STAT and get that exercise in. You'll soooooo love it postpartum when your recovery is easier and your body bounces back.

Jeannie-- complacency = death. Don't ever do it. Don't be satisfied. There's always SOMETHING about ourselves that can improve, and we should always be striving for that improvement.

Lori -- again, I've only read a bit-- still have tons of typing to do-- but, I gotta be honest-- reading just the first bit, I can't get over my legendary, "Oh, please," skepticism. I have images of Al Franken in my head, in his Saturday Night Live, "Stuart Smalley" persona, speaking his affirmations into the mirror....."I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And gosh darn it, people like me."

need to keep reading-- maybe I'll get through it. I'm a tough nut to crack sometimes--

Back to the boring financial crud I have to type-- blech.

Later.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Jeannie-- complacency = death. Don't ever do it. Don't be satisfied. There's always SOMETHING about ourselves that can improve, and we should always be striving for that improvement.

Later.

Your right Marla. I do not regret being happy this past year........at all! I enjoyed the new Jeannie and her healthier ways.

I am starting over as if I just signed up for MFP. Changed the ticker.........I think I need to SEE the weight I have lost.........and gained back! I need it for inspiration.

Marla if I make it up your way, I want to walk your running course with you. I feel that is fitting of 2 MFPererers! Of course after I hug the bits outta ya!!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    oh em gee! Lori you are a champion! At some point I promise I will read all and report in. Daughter graduates HS tomorrow and I'm crazed. This too shall pass...

Beth - you are absolutely glowing! God, it makes me miss those pregnancy days when you just glowed!

love to all! I don't even have the time to stalk and read everything!

Have an awesome weekend my Champion Team!!!
  • zippy111
    Options
    Marla - LOVE Josh Groban! YOU raise me up!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I have only gotten half way through cause I decided to start reading while the girls were watching tinkerbell well now they are done but my first goal is to stop talking negative about myself infront of my very impressionale girls. The last thing they need at 4 and 2 is to not like what they look like when they grow up!

ONLY POSITIVE FROM NOW ON!!!
  • musicmom04
    Options
    ok, so far, breakfast and morning snack logged for a total of 458 cals, 3 miles walked for a total of 460 cals. funny, i didn't plan it that way, but just worked off everything i've eaten so far...cool! i'm back, baby!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Beth- you look so adorable in that dress! Good job on the logging your food and better job on working it all off so far!

Jeannie- proud of ya girl. If you stray from these boards for a day or two, we are coming looking for ya, got it?

Sam- postitive for sure!

Donna- have fun with graduation

Marla- Ok, you know me, you know I'm not all roses and sunshine and thinking if I say nice things it will come true, you've heard all my not so pretty thoughts toward all parts of my life, people in my life, etc...... BUT, I also do believe that the power of the mind is something to be considered. The first article is a little boring at first, I like the end best. The second one- well we are all champions, so I thought we should read what makes us so special!

I know from personal experience that what goes on inside my head can make me miserable. I would love to be a more positive person all around, all the time, so therefore, hey, I'm willing to try it.

This morning my run was hard, I wanted to stop, my legs were sore and tired, I kept talking myself through it. After the first mile, I thought it would get easier. It didn't. Instead of taking the easy route back home, I went down the dreaded hill street, which is fine, but it's a dead-end, which meant I had to come back up it. I counted on the way down, 550 something (I'm sure I missed a few here and there) strides down, I would have counted on the way back up but I needed to concentrate on breathing. 4 minutes that's how long it takes to run (pretty slowly) up that dang hill, but you know what? I did it!

If I would have listened to my inner cranky as$ voice, I would have stopped after the first few steps, instead, I told myself I was fit, I was healthy and that I HAD this. I ran a little over 2 miles, up the dreaded hill and burned over 400 calories. Glad I didn't let my grouchy voice that talks too loudly win. I would like to put a silencer on that darn voice anyway!

After that, I took my kids to school, hit the gym to lift and took an hour Zumba class for another 775 calories gone. I won't pretend I wasn't tired, I won't tell you I had the best Zumba class burn ever, I didn't . I was tired. BUT, I did it!

I have so much more to share.... crud. There is a party at my house is 6 hours with more teenagers than I care to think about. Guess I should get off the keister.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    tag for later
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Beth-You look beautiful in blue.

Marla-:heart:

Jeannie-Get it moving woman. Use it or lose it !:heart:

Lori- I am so GLAD you are back. I read the first article and support visualization 100%. I have done it before now its time to DO it again. I'll have my goals tomorrow.

I don't remember where I originally saw this quote but I put it on my refrigerator. I have moved everything that got put on top of it so I can see it every time I'm in the kitchen.

Remind yourself why you are working so hard: for your health, for your body, for your mind,for you!
  • musicmom04
    Options
    tag for later

wow, lori, check out that baby ticker! you're almost there...woohoo!!
  • zippy111
    Options
    After that, I took my kids to school, hit the gym to lift and took an hour Zumba class for another 775 calories gone. I won't pretend I wasn't tired, I won't tell you I had the best Zumba class burn ever, I didn't . I was tired. BUT, I did it!

I have so much more to share.... crud. There is a party at my house is 6 hours with more teenagers than I care to think about. Guess I should get off the keister.

LOVE ZUMBA!!! TEENAGERS........not so much:wink:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Beth- you look so adorable in that dress! Good job on the logging your food and better job on working it all off so far!

Jeannie- proud of ya girl. If you stray from these boards for a day or two, we are coming looking for ya, got it?

Sam- postitive for sure!

Donna- have fun with graduation

Marla- Ok, you know me, you know I'm not all roses and sunshine and thinking if I say nice things it will come true, you've heard all my not so pretty thoughts toward all parts of my life, people in my life, etc...... BUT, I also do believe that the power of the mind is something to be considered. The first article is a little boring at first, I like the end best. The second one- well we are all champions, so I thought we should read what makes us so special!

I know from personal experience that what goes on inside my head can make me miserable. I would love to be a more positive person all around, all the time, so therefore, hey, I'm willing to try it.

This morning my run was hard, I wanted to stop, my legs were sore and tired, I kept talking myself through it. After the first mile, I thought it would get easier. It didn't. Instead of taking the easy route back home, I went down the dreaded hill street, which is fine, but it's a dead-end, which meant I had to come back up it. I counted on the way down, 550 something (I'm sure I missed a few here and there) strides down, I would have counted on the way back up but I needed to concentrate on breathing. 4 minutes that's how long it takes to run (pretty slowly) up that dang hill, but you know what? I did it!

If I would have listened to my inner cranky as$ voice, I would have stopped after the first few steps, instead, I told myself I was fit, I was healthy and that I HAD this. I ran a little over 2 miles, up the dreaded hill and burned over 400 calories. Glad I didn't let my grouchy voice that talks too loudly win. I would like to put a silencer on that darn voice anyway!

Many thoughts, little time--

Briefly-- I know positive thinking works-- "Brown's don't stop" for example keeps my inner quitter at bay. I have to read it slowly, when the house is quiet and I'm being left alone-- yeah, like that'll happen.

My husband just called me and told me his car has to go into the shop AGAIN tonight-- that would make the fourth time this week-- yes, FOUR-- each time I have to take an evening to drive him the 20 minutes there, 20 minutes back and then the next day to pick up the freaking car--

People-- if he doesn't get out of here soon on this blasted golf trip, I think I'm going to be locked up. Oh em gee.

yeah, yeah-- I know. positive thinking. I'm POSITIVE I'm going to be locked up.

It's going to be a nutty weekend. I know I won't have a spare minute to put two intelligible thoughts together, so I'll chew on this and have some no doubt profound insights (read as more inane blithering) probably after the weekend.

Crank *kitten*-- yeah, that's me today--

Need to scoot-- later.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Lori-- I didn't mean that I disregarded it, by any stretch. I printed it and have plans to devour it. Figured it's easier to take the article with me and try and hide and read it rather than hope this weekend to be left alone long enough this weekend at my computer to delve into it.

I don't discount the positivity. Everyone who's ever been successful at anything in life, when you hear their testimony, the first thing they had to conquer is their negativity and to believe that they could succeed and will themselves to do so.

Truly-- I'm just pissy today. Need to just get a grip. I've been feeling very tense past two days-- mid-cycle-- hormones go flooey and I'm snapping at everything and calling everybody out on the stupid things around here that normally roll off this duck's back.

It goes over real with the hubs, lemme tell ya-- :noway: I expect to be called the B word any minute. :wink:

Today hasn't helped-- my son called to ask me if he could come over and do laundry. Ya know, buddy-boy-- you didn't grow up and move out responsibly. You got kicked out. So, despite every bit of mother's love inside me that wanted to shout, "YES, YES, YES-- COME HOME AND I'LL EVEN DO IT FOR YOU," I consulted with the hubs and told David no. Told him he can't live a life where he's continually blowing off our wishes, flipping us the bird at every opportunity, and then continue to try and benefit from us. Doesn't work that way. Sniffle. :cry: As far as I know, he's still living in his car.

He says his friend's parents will indeed let him live at their home, but that he doesn't want to impose. I told him if he paid room and board and had his own car, it really isn't an imposition, that his position is somewhat honorable, but that living independently USUALLY involves an apartment. Aargghhh--

But, 'nuff sniveling-- these times truly tick me off. Why do one's hormones seem to invalidate EVERYTHING we believe and hold dear the rest of the month? Makes me wonder sometimes who I really am. Guess I'll begin to fear if the ratios change and I'm only "ME" 1/4 of the time, and that b!tch the rest of the month. :ohwell:

Need to pick up Sarah from work-- later, my friends.
  • 72lori
    Options
    I'm taking a quick break from running around like a chicken with my head cut off to eat and check in. Maybe waiting until today to do everything wasn't such a grand idea. :noway: Oh well, I'll take it as burning more calories. I should have thought ahead and made the teenagers do more work last night....considering it's their party tonight. I'm too nice sometimes.

Anyway, hang in there Marla. I know you weren't blowing it off and if you were, well, that's your choice. You know I'm not REALLy going to hunt any of you down. What I do know is that many of us need a push, a nudge, to get rolling again. With that, I know myself and I know I do it when I'm ready. I'm ready. Some of you may not be. You have to be mentally ready to do it for you, not because somebody else says 'go'. It doesn't work that way, at least not for me.

It took me a week to write goals, eat some junk early in the week like I'd never see it again and to get my head wrapped around it. Now I am on a mission. And because I love all you guys, I figured I'd see who I can drag along for the ride.

It's the beginning of June, what can we accomplish by the end of August? Hmmmm?