Coffee Drinkers

Options

Replies

• staceymottram
    staceymottram Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I gave up the raw sugar for STEVIA and the one I got has no GMO's wich is a healhier option for me , and use 2 tbsps of fat free half and half, Its pretty good, But I think ill try it black soon with some cinnamon and coconut oil...it sounds good ! Good Luck!
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    you only have coffee for breakfast
    that is so not good breakfast is the most important meal of the day thats the meal that helps to wake your metabolism .

I take my coffee with half and half and raw sugar, and don't eat anything else for breakfast. I'm not really hungry for more than that, once you add in the water you're supposed to drink. It doesn't add up to too much, and I'm able to have my little treat for the day without sacrificing a lot of calories.
    [/quote]

I don't remember saying that I only have coffee for breakfast. Its not true. I always have breakfast. Don't jump to conclusions.
  • javajinny
    javajinny Posts: 78
    Options
    I used to drink my coffee with lots of the awesome flavered creamers as well (I still miss them). Fortunately, your taste will eventually learn to like what you feed them, so I have slowly put less and less sugar and cream in my coffee. I went from 6 packets of sugar and 4 creams (the little cups) to now two of each. And I switched to skim milk which REALLY helps. I'd like to get to black eventually because that's like 5 calories a cup. It took me about 7 months to cut back that much, and many a less than awesome cup of coffee. But I really do enjoy it now. I think the first cut was from 6 to 4 packs of sugar and one less cream. It took about a month to like that. Then I got rid of two more sugars and another cream. It took about 2 or 3 months to like that. Since I'm enjoying my coffee again, I should probably cut again, but I'm kind of afraid too. I'm a bit tired of not enjoying my coffee. So I'll probably stick where I'm at for another month or two and then cut it to no sugar and just 1 cream. EEK! That sounds so scarey. Best of luck to you.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    A little half & half (regular or fat free) and to sweeten it, 6-8 drops of chocolate stevia (liquid stevia is very potent, and usually can be found at a health food store, natural and zero calories.).
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I used to drink coffee with a ton of creamer or sugar. But I took the time to find brands of coffee that I love without additives.

Experiment and you'll no doubt find a coffee that is fabulous and can stand alone. Some great brands are Intelligentsia (Chicago) and Stumptown (Portland). Also, a french press can help make even the crappiest blend taste more substantial and yummy.

Push comes to shove, if I'm out and have to buy Starbucks or Dunkin, I add a touch of skim milk and that does the trick for very few calories.
  • Calm_Lotus_06
    Calm_Lotus_06 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am just like you I love my coffee and have no intentions on quitting either. I also love flavored creamer, But I have tried honey in mine to make it less bitter seems to do ok.. but I mainly go for the fat free sugar free creamer and I watch how much I use.
  • anwscott
    anwscott Posts: 28
    Options
    there are loads of good ideas on here. I love coffee too! I remember someone telling me to use fat free evaporated milk, it has like 10 cals per tbsp. i am sure you could add some kind of extract or sugar free coffee syrup if you wanted something more fancy. I haven't tried it yet but since you reminded me guess i will have to pick some up when i hit the grocery store. I want to try using it in place of thicker creams and milks in cooking and baking.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I like to cut out the sugar and just use the natural bliss creamer.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    why don't you slowly try reducing the amount of creamer you use?
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I use fat-free Coffee-Mate (I'm weird, I like the taste) and brown sugar instead of white. It's fantastic!
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    there are loads of good ideas on here. I love coffee too! I remember someone telling me to use fat free evaporated milk, it has like 10 cals per tbsp. i am sure you could add some kind of extract or sugar free coffee syrup if you wanted something more fancy. I haven't tried it yet but since you reminded me guess i will have to pick some up when i hit the grocery store. I want to try using it in place of thicker creams and milks in cooking and baking.

I saw a nutritionist and she recommended the evaporated milk... not bad!!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I love coffee too! I have a kitchen devoted to it :) I add caramel creamer and just log it in my day...everyday. It fits so I don't see a reason to cut it out. If you can spare the 30-70 calories, why not? Now, if you are drinking 2-3 cups a day then yes, it is pretty calorie comsuming.

If you want to nix the calories all together you could try some Archer Farms Sugar-Free Syrup (I use Caramel but there are other flavors, Gingerbread, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Pumpkin, etc). It is 0 calories but by no means, natural.

Coffee is good for other things so I wouldn't nix it all together :)
  • jotero0406
    Options
    I put a splash of vanilla with splenda in my coffee. I personally like my coffee strong (if you can see through it it's not coffee) but I'm not hardcore enough to take it black :ohwell: yet :tongue:
  • jjuullzz
    jjuullzz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use a fat free creamer, and a packet of Splenda. Can't get used to black coffee, and being a diabetic, the Splenda gives it just enough sweentess. I've tried all the sugar free fat free flavored creamers, but they don't ever live up their expectations.
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I use a 1/2 a cup throughout the morning, and it is only 15 calories. I thought this was amazing when 3 tsp of my non-dairy, non-fat powdered creamer was 30 calories. Plus I get a creamier flavor, which has enabled me to quit buying my weekly, high-caloric lattes.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I use Sugar free French vanilla creamer. I put 2 TBS a cup and it only adds up to 60 cals for 2 cups. I love my coffee also and not willing to give it up so i fit it in. :)
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I actually put in 2 tbsp of creamer and 2 packets of splenda with fiber and it tends to work for me. Sometimes I'll throw in a splash of milk. It's worth it for me in the mornings and I only have one cup.
  • rylovesty23
    Options
    I have drank coffee everyday for YEARS- until the first week of January.
    I replaced my morning coffee with tea and now I treat myself with my fancy coffee on Friday mornings- every Friday, I really look forward to it. I will also allow myself coffee if we go out to breakfast on the weekends.

Not sure that this is something you would consider- I just knew this was a small change that might make a pretty good size impact.
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yuck.

Coffee is the drink of the gods!! That and diet coke, my two vices. Could happily live without cake, chocolate, ice cream, chips, crisps but do not take my latte and diet coke (how would I drink my vodka without diet coke? :-O) lol
  • Tsmartin07
    Options
    I drink 2 16 ounce cups a day :) i use 1 tablespoon of flavored creamer (I buy new flavors to keep it excititng) :)-35 calroies max. For my afternoon cup, I use powdered creamer which for one tsp is only 15 calories.