30 Day Shred!! Who's with me?!

Options
Hi everyone!! I'm starting a 30 Day Shred group (or other Jillian workouts you may have). We can check in daily, weekly, whatever works for you. :happy: Let's all encourage each other to tone up and slim down!! Who's with me?! :drinker:

Replies

• TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    I'm in..I started Level 1 Day 1 on Tuesday and haven't done it since. I'm soooo sore!!! But I won't let that stop me..I've been doing other workouts since then but I'm willing to give this another shot!!!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    I just did started the workout yesterday. Just fixin' to start day 2's workout now!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Great job, ladies!! Welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I would like to start, my friend let me borrow hers. Quick question though: is there like a calendar that you follow or something, because I didn't buy the dvd myself but borrowed it?
  • skywalker
    Options
    I would like to start, my friend let me borrow hers. Quick question though: is there like a calendar that you follow or something, because I didn't buy the dvd myself but borrowed it?
    The way I did it in the past, I took more than 30 days. I did 10 days on each level, but it took me about 2 months to do it. Rest days are important, plus I do cycling for extra cardio. My advice is to listen to your body and go at your own pace and we'll all encourage each other along the way. :happy:
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm in Becks, tried this before and only managed a few days. I'll start in the morning :happy:
  • cculver
    cculver Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm totally here! I just had my first day today...definately got me sweating :)
  • cculver
    cculver Posts: 2
    Options
    I just bought mine and it didn't come with a calendar. I'm just using the good ol' mark system. One mark for every day completed :) Today was day one. :)
  • skywalker
    Options
    Yay, Jax!!! Welcome! :drinker:
    Great job, cculver!!! Welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    I bought my copy at Walmart and it didn't have a calendar in it either. I'm just tracking my progress here on MFP. Per someone else's suggestion, I log it as High Impact Aerobics then make a note of what level/day I'm on (ex. L1D2 today).
  • CFaye
    CFaye Posts: 59
    Options
    I would love to be in on this. I will go find her DVD today hopefully! :-)
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I just started today. Good sweat/workout! I think, what I'm going to try to do, is do level 1 for 7 days and level 2 for 7 etc. We'll see how it works :)

btw does anyone know about how many calories it burns?
  • my2loves04and06
    Options

If you log it as high impact aerobics, 20 mins is 234 calories.
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    totally here! finished chalean extreme last week and plan on starting 30 day shred tomorrow!!
  • skywalker
    Options
    I'm in!!! I just started today. Good sweat/workout! I think, what I'm going to try to do, is do level 1 for 7 days and level 2 for 7 etc. We'll see how it works :)

It depends on your weight and fitness level, but when I wear my HRM and compare it to what MFP says for circuit training, they were pretty close.

Welcome to everyone here so far!!! :drinker:
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    It depends on your weight and fitness level, but when I wear my HRM and compare it to what MFP says for circuit training, they were pretty close.

Would it be better to log it as circuit training instead of high impact aerobics?
  • badrianne
    badrianne Posts: 101
    Options
    Me!!! I have the No More Trouble Zones right now (LOVE IT) and I should be puchasing 30 Day Shred within the next couple of days. I'm scared. I heard that it was intense!
  • breyrhodes
    Options
    I just bought the 3 dvd set on amazon.com..didnt know i coulda bought it at walmart! So now im waitng on them to come in the mail so hopefully with in the next week ill get em:) Im so glad someone started ths topic!! Good Luck Everyone:)
  • skywalker
    Options

Would it be better to log it as circuit training instead of high impact aerobics?
    I just checked what my calories burned would be for high impact aerobics vs. circuit training and they're within about 20 calories, with more for circuit training. I'd say they're probably both a good estimate.
  • dhorton
    dhorton Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm going to start today. I'm really excited to try it and I hope it helps with the weight loss! I have been loosing about 1 pound a week and although I know that's the healthy way to do it, I would still like to get more off that that! So here goes!