What's for dinner Tonight my fellow fitness junkies??

Options

Replies

• Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Baked spicy salmon(200g) with mash potatoes(200g)(with butter and skim milk) and sugar snap peas(85g) for a total of 753 calories.
  • VegChefStaci
    VegChefStaci Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Textured Vegetable Protein before? Its ;looks like breadcrumbs and re-hydrates with whatever sauce/broth it cooks in so it works great in a stuffed mushroom, plus it add some protein!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Making chicken parm.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My supper consisted of:

Tuscan tilapia fillet
    Organic quinoa and wild rice
    Spinach, blackberry, goat cheese, and almond salad
    Chocolate Vitatop for dessert
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    mediterranean chicken in the crockpot, on a bed of spinach, with brown rice. i like this today because when i get back from yoga, i will be hungry, and it will be waiting!
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hopefully it will be the turkey meatloaf that the hubby made the other night and a little veggie of some sort =)
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    For me I'm having a protein shake as part of a preoperative diet for surgery next week... But I just fixed Chicken, curried lentils, rice, and batata Harra (potatoes pan fried with lots of cilantro and lots and lots of garlic) for my boyfriend. BIG mistake.. smells SO YUMMY!
  • MrsDougNOLA
    Options
    "Light and Elegant Salmon Salad" recipe I discovered this weekend:

http://www3.samsclub.com/meals/recipes/light-and-elegant-salmon-salad-recipe
  • whitmars106
    whitmars106 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Abuelo's!!!!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Salmon filet with Mediterranean veggies combo.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Making bruchetta chicken and a side of steamed broccoli. I use a lot less EVOO, but the recipe is below!

Balsamic Baked Bruschetta Chicken
    Serves: 4

Ingredients
    4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    ½ tsp of salt
    cup & 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    cup extra virgin olive oil
    8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
    4 roma tomatoes (seeded & diced)
    8 fresh basil leaves (stacked, rolled & thinly sliced into chiffonade)
    3 cloves garlic (minced)

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 375F and spray baking dish with cooking spray.
    Combine ¼ cup balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a bowl. Marinade the chicken in balsamic mixture for 15 minutes.
    Place chicken breasts in baking dish, pour half of the mixture over the meat, and season with salt and pepper.
    Bake at 375F until chicken is cooked through (about 30 minutes), occasionally spooning the balsamic mixture back over the chicken.
    During the last 2 minutes of baking, place 2 slices of cheese over the top of each chicken breast to melt.
    In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, a pinch of salt and remaining balsamic. Toss gently to combine.
    Place the chicken breasts on plates, top with tomato mixture and serve.
  • alabamamommy
    Options
    Stir fry with chicken!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    pasta
  • virtualjunkyard
    virtualjunkyard Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Steak and homemade salad!
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    we are having a bruschetta chicken with angel hair pasta, brussel sprouts and garlic bread.
  • carissawhitworth
    Options
    it will be salad for me since I blew it @ lunch (taco salad with all the fixings). I just started my diet Feb. 26. Will not weigh until March 12th. My starting weight is 179 lbs. TOO !!! much for a 5ft 4 in woman. My goal is to lose 30 lbs.

I got to get moving and very serious.

It's okay to "blow it" sometimes. It's human. Good for you for taking the steps to lead a healthier lifestyle. For setting goals for even trying to change. Change is hard. You can do it :) Tomorrow is a NEW day with new chances to make healthy choices. You go girl!!!!!! I beleive in you :)
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Homemade chicken stew...YUMMY, full of veggies and no need for sides b/c its a complete meal! (One of those days when the majority of our family has to be different places all at the same time so it all got thrown in the crock pot this a.m. and now who ever needs to eat can eat whenever they're actually home! The next 3 week are going to be super crazy like that so thank goodness for the crock pot!)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Pan fried salmon filet topped with a garlic parmesan cream sauce, with mozzarella, bacon, and chive mashed potatoes on the side.

622 calories with 68 grams of protein.
  • jstaff14
    jstaff14 Posts: 34
    Options
    Chicken Stir Fry. Sliced chicken breast, whatever veggies I have in the fridge and a little Teriyaki sauce. I serve over a little rice.

Same here, minus the rice.
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Pan seared Ahi Tuna steaks and a salad with ginger dressing.