My dog has dog dreams ...

Options

Replies

• Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Oh and my little dog sleeps with a stuffed animal in her mouth.

2d695621cf24356b030e08cde1e17b38_zpse5e8fc25.jpg

This is adorable, mine does this too. He also brings me a present everytime I walk through the door.
  • winterswish
    winterswish Posts: 162
    Options
    My dog attacks the vacuum; the entire front edge of my Eureka looks like it was taken to task by a cheese grater. But I'm guessing it's because she think it's an evil machine trying to steal her electricity.
    dghxsp.jpg
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Squeaky toys must get a squeakerectomy.

My lab does the same surgery on squeakers. Then she rips out the stuffing.
    She also hiccups in her sleep & snores.
    Sometimes, as soon as I leave the house she runs across the bed. I know this because if I have forgotten something & come right back in she is at the doorway to the bedroom & the bed is messed up.

She is a constant source of amusement & gives me unconditional love. And I love her right back.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    My dog snores like a drunkin sailor...she can wake the entire house.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Ha! My dog does the same thing!!! LoL! It is too cute. When I see her doing this I usually shake her a little to wake her from her dream in case it is a nightmare.... You never know, right?
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ha! My dog does the same thing!!! LoL! It is too cute. When I see her doing this I usually shake her a little to wake her from her dream in case it is a nightmare.... You never know, right?

When mine dreams and seems restless she calms if I stroke her neck and shoulders. On the same principle, it might be a nightmare :)
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Hehe!!!! My dog does this too!!! She gets super excited and attacks it and then snorts cuz she is so excited. LOL! She used to be afraid of it and run away now she runs after it ;)
    My dog attacks the vacuum; the entire front edge of my Eureka looks like it was taken to task by a cheese grater. But I'm guessing it's because she think it's an evil machine trying to steal her electricity.
    dghxsp.jpg
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My dog licks EVERYTHING. Like her tongue is never in her mouth. She licks the couch, the air, the walls, you name it.
    Lol, is your dog a pug, or something otherwise brachycephalic?

Actually she is a bernese mountain dog mix! A big girl! lol she is... how should I put this... not the smartest dog out there. My dad says "she's not stupid, she's fun loving"... hehe

edited to say I have no idea what brachycephalic is :]
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Well my Choc. Lab is dumb...Like Dug from the movie "UP" thats him he is loving but dumb lol He will steal my underware and eat them, he thinks he is a 75lb cat and will rub back and forth on your legs or the couch cushins...like a cat..

My other is a 15lb terrier mix who will try to catch flies with his mouth and if he doesn't he will become terrified of them and cower in one of our laps...he is also scared of my cat...who doesn't have claws...and is smaller than him...and yet he will take on the 75lb lab lol he is the bully of the two.
  • EvetteM41
    EvetteM41 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My dog does the exact same thing. She ia a Lab/Shepard mix. Looks more like a lab though. It scares me when she does it. Because I'm not expecting it. So I will say her name & it wakes her up and then she goes back to sleep. LOL
  • kmmpink
    kmmpink Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My Dog has to have a toy in her mouth at all times, she even sleeps with a toy in her mouth!

She also growls all the time at people when she's playing, but is completely harmless.

She hates to walk on our faux hardwood floors, she will only take one short path across the floor and we have to talk her into it sometimes otherwise she will sit at the edge of the carpet and pout or cry because she is to afraid to come across the floor.

And, we have to tell her repeatedly that its "ok" to go ahead and eat, otherwise she just sits there and looks at us making sure its ok!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    If you yell at my dog she sticks her tongue out at you. Every time you call her name within an hour of giving her crap she just turns looks at you and sticker her tongue out - not in a dog kind of way more like a pbbllllllllllttttt on you kind of way.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    One of my dogs gives off high pitched howls in his sleep.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Every dog that has ever lived does that in their sleep.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    my dog kicks her legs sometimes when shes having an 'active' dream :laugh:
  • KrystalLight03
    Options
    My papillon, all 8 pounds of her, is a terribly ferocious hunter. And she likes to bring us her kill because it will apparently be the best part of our day. We keep the door to the backyard open most of the time because it's too much hassle having to let 4 dogs in and out and in and out, but this also means that they have constant access to wildlife. So far, my pap has brought me three or four birds, a rabbit (which she decided to place on my stomach while I was sleeping on the couch), and I once walked into the living room to find eight newborn bunnies crawling on the floor while she slapped them around a bit (it was a toy that MOVED!)
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have never seen a dog that doesn't do something similar in their sleep...
  • EatLiftRun
    Options
    One of our dogs will occasionally howl repeatedly in her sleep. She will also get all 4 paws moving likes shes chasing something.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My chihuahua was so manipulative.

Every time she had a bad dog dream, she'd whimper and whine and we'd go and pet her, comfort her.

Eventually she caught onto this predictable response and began to fake her dreams. I'm not joking. She would fake her dreams so we would pet her, and I swear I have never seen such a smug face on a dog every time we fell for that BS.
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The other... Squeaky toys must get a squeakerectomy.

My dog does this too!! Then she runs around chewing on the squeaker until it's just a tiny chunk of chewed up plastic. So adorable :)