The stupidest thing you used to think...

Options

Replies

• Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Oh, while we're branching away from fitness:

I used to believe in the "five second rule", and would eat anything off of any surface so long as I snatched it up quick enough. I shudder to think of what I ingested as a teenager...!

Ummm...mine is the 10 second rule and I'm still alive and well. A good testimony to our immune system...hehe.

Well I never suffered for it either, but now I am more discerning about which surfaces I'll still pick it up off of :P if I'm just at home, I probably will. Public cafeteria? Nooooo way. Outside? Yeccch! :laugh:
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    that I couldnt lose weight because of my pcos and that counting calories was a load of ****
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

I used to believe in the "five second rule", and would eat anything off of any surface so long as I snatched it up quick enough. I shudder to think of what I ingested as a teenager...!

I believed in that as a child. Thankfully, though I'm not sure if this is true for teenagers, eating stuff off the ground or being exposed to germs in general is helpful for building immunities.

Yeah, I just remember being traumatized when I saw the MythBusters episode debunking it :laugh:
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I used to think I'd always be a lightweight, and I'd never be able to handle my liquor.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I never believed in the magical sky fairy, so I don't have to waste my one "stupidest thing I ever thought..." on that particular thing.

I'm in this same boat. Even though I went to Catholic School for a few years. I thought they were schizo :laugh: :laugh:

On a health related note...

"Girls can't lift heavy, it will make them bulky".
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    "I'm just not the active type, i'll never enjoy working out".
    All i had to do was to stop spending countless boring hours on the elliptical and find something i liked. Now i miss lifting if for some reason i can't do it for a few days in a row.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options

Ummm...mine is the 10 second rule and I'm still alive and well. A good testimony to our immune system...hehe.

Well I never suffered for it either, but now I am more discerning about which surfaces I'll still pick it up off of :P if I'm just at home, I probably will. Public cafeteria? Nooooo way. Outside? Yeccch! :laugh:

LOL...but think of all those useful microbes you're missing!!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    That if I "broke" my diet with something "naughty" then the day was a write off and I could just eat what I wanted and get back on it the next day.

So many misconceptions in one sentence!
  • keepersmom8
    Options
    ...that I couldn't do it.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

LOL...but think of all those useful microbes you're missing!!!

I dont care if it's been there for 10 days. If I can wipe the visible stuff off I'm eating it.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    ...that I couldn't do it.

This.
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I used to think that there was an invisible man in the sky who watched everyone every second of the day. He had 10 rules we couldn't break and if we did he'd punish us for eternity in a very hot place....BUT...he loved us.:wink:

People this ^ is an almost direct quote from George Carlin may he rest in peace...and the stupidest thing I used to think was that dogs can't look up because I watched a movie called Shaun of the Dead and they told me so.
  • lexherrera
    lexherrera Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That I never knew what BMR was, so I thought if you ate 1000 calories in a day you had to burn off 1000 calories...
  • lindajay49
    Options
    As a child, I remember thinking that people who "limped" (like "Chester" on Gun Smoke - that gave away my age) were just born that way, and I had no concept that any pain was involved. Now I'm needing two knee replacement surgeries; I limp; it hurts. Ha!
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I used to think that there was an invisible man in the sky who watched everyone every second of the day. He had 10 rules we couldn't break and if we did he'd punish us for eternity in a very hot place....BUT...he loved us.:wink:

People this ^ is an almost direct quote from George Carlin may he rest in peace...and the stupidest thing I used to think was that dogs can't look up because I watched a movie called Shaun of the Dead and they told me so.

Ya...George stole it from me. :wink:
  • riley76051
    Options

I laughed. :laugh:

Would bang

10/10 perfect response.
  • TomjsAj
    TomjsAj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That I wasnt lossing weight because I didn't kill it in the gym like working out was something we had to do to be healthy, now I know if I eat right and keep the trash put of my mouth it's not a total nessesity unless my goal is other things.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, I used to think that we were all just characters in books. When we were awake and moving around it was because someone was reading our book. We went to sleep when the book was put down.

I also thought (at the age of 5ish) that kissing made babies. I blame my grandmother for that one... and for the fact that I thought kissing my step-father would get me pregnant at that age! LOL!
  • anastasiab1621
    anastasiab1621 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    have to eat 30g of protein within 30mins of waking up to prevent catabolism.

Agreed ^^
    And I thought that gym looked familiar! I train at PTC, small world!
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    That women might want to be a sexual partner with me.:ohwell: