Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    197 calories to play with. skipped the canteloupe and went blindly with
    one container of 0% fage greek yogurt.
    One quarter up of cinnamon raisin granola
    and One quarter cup of blueberries.

Log and all and it is a total of......196 calories.

YEAH BABY. Once calorie of wiggle room. lol
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Okay-- let's see if I'll get 10 uninterrupted minutes to get some thoughts down--

Goals for my hubs' absence--

As mentioned, first, rise and shine on running days and get the running done and out of the way. I plan on turning myself back into the early bird that catches the worm. I'll keep my fingers crossed that when hubs gets home it won't turn into an epic power struggle full of resentment, blah, blah, blah-- I can dream, can't I?

Second-- I weighed myself this morning, even after my big meal of last night-- 173.5. (already getting interrupted by Abby-- I can never type uninterrupted-- and now comes Rebekah) Anyway-- 173.5 represents the 5 or so pounds up I've been hovering since Christmas. Try as I might, it won't budge.

Did some yapping with the doctor, looked online for perimenopause stuff, et cetera-- see that yes, indeedy-- women my age, even with diet and exercise just plain CAN go up 5-10 pounds right in the gut, on 1400 calories daily, despite the exercise. Oh joy. Oh rapture.

SOOOOOOO-- here's the point-- if it is so, then SOMEBODY (namely MOI ) needs to just stop *****ing about it and press on. So, that is my goal -- stop *****ing about the floof. I'm working hard. It is what it is. I still look damn good-- or at least a heluva lot better than 40 something pounds ago-- so I'm gonna chill.

AND no scale until the morning Keith returns. Weight be damned.

Third-- I've been reading a bit about "zig zag" calorie counting-- basically in a layman's version-- shaking up the calorie count from day to day, still averaging roughly 1400 daily, but tricking your body, and metabolism, blah, blah, blah-- 1514 today, 1376 tomorrow, 1652 Wednesday, 1376 Thursday, 1789 Friday and so on-- sounds intriguing and sensible-- gonna try it this month.

Fourth-- eat as clean as I can for the month-- I've been letting too much cereal back in the diet. It's an easy meal-- low in sodium, blah, blah, blah-- but it's also high in sugar, and all that crap-- so, out goes the cereal. I'll go back and buy some more of my natural peanut butter and rice cakes, plain yogurt. I've learned that even "fake" sugar screws with your body-- yes? I think I've read that here on MFP and other places-- need to get even the vanilla crap out of my diet and get back to basics.

Fifth-- follow my training schedule for the 1/2 marathon religiously. Schedule has me up to 8 miles by the time he gets home. I'm a bit behind and still have plenty of time before the September date, Only 4 days a week of running-- piece of cake. I also plan to workout with weights every other day with Aaron.

Sixth and most important, truly-- hit the floor daily for abs-- I found a website with a lot of the standards on it-- need to work the core for the running, and really to battle the floof with everything I've got.

I also need to keep a grip on the computer time while the cat's away. Remember to be mama, not just Marla64-- need to remember that I'm NOT a single woman, and that whatever changes I make to my routine may NOT be able to be kept once the mister returns, so keep the proper attitude this month.

I plan on relaxing this month, reconnecting with friends, enjoying my children-- heck, even my sister-in-law may visit for a week which be totally cool--

Speaking of being mama-- two little boys are waiting to have their hair washed-- need to scoot.

Love you all!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Thank you all for making me feel so welcome:flowerforyou:
    Becca

Yay-- you came back! Just jump on in-- as you've read we're frivolous and funny, no nonsense, no excuses-- nutty-- sort of like an extended family. We'll track you down if you're slacking....

Jump on in-- tell us your story-- there is no formality-- no protocol-- the only NO there is here is excuses.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Sweet Andrew-- there is no shame among friends, ol' buddy. You let life get to you for a bit-- it happens. We love you enough to remind you there are no excuses. Health HAS to be a priority. You DO NOT want to be that 300+ pound dude ever, ever again. As much as it depend on me to assist, I vow to never let you rest on your haunches. Complacency equals what, Jeannie? That's right. FAT.

FAT

Geez Marla....my mom used to do that! Answer the easy ones for me.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Okay-- so I have to giggle a bit here--

'member my friend, Zach, I told you about on Memorial day who was leaving for the Marines? Well, his fiancee was obviously left behind, and I "friended" her on facebook-- every day since he's been gone she's been leaving these statuses--

"Day one-- sigh." Day two-- depressed." "Day three." sigh.gifsigh.gifsigh.gif today we're up to Day Seven-- the girl is despondent. tantrumsmiley.gif

I can't help but chuckle over the contrast--

here I am-- having a countdown-- Day one-- 47b20s0.gif Day two-- greenstars.gif Day three-- bliss.gifclap.gifcancan.gif

Not sure which one of us should envy the other-- but, I'm feeling F-I-N-E.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Marla- you ar efreaking halirious..

Andrew- Am I so glad you came back to us..we know life gets in the way and we understand

Becca-welcome aboard.

EVeryone else I am off to bed..

Ballgame went pretty good we lost but we played and never gave up and thats what matter to me!!

Drinking my hot green tea and off to bed..Love to you all!!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,058 Member
    Options
    Morning all, haven't read the posts from last night yet - been running around trying to get exercise in, sort washing, breakfasts before we go to school - looks like I will have to use the car today as I can't really expect the children to walk to school in the rain - home I can handle but not to school :laugh:

Will pop back later, xx
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good morning my fabulous friends...Its a great day!!! Nothing special about it, other then I am so proud of myself for what I have came from to what I am doing...Before exercise was never a part of my life, I was like no way..Now I think of ways I can burn calories while doing the stuff I do in everyday life..All my managers at cracker barrel know to put me by the windows so I have to walk to furthest and that way I can burn more calories...I try to do as much extra stufff as possible..and to me my friends that says alot about the person I have become!!!

We are all in this together and we have been at different places in our life, but we all came back and stuck it out and are contining to come here for support..So thats show true color...

I am in such a good mood today, I am off just me and baby girl home today may do my work out come home work in the office for a bit and then take her to the park and enjoy some one on one time because she is growing up way to fast!!

Where I have been..Nope...Where I am headed.....Yep!! Staying positive my friends!!! Nothing can get me down at this point....
  • Marla64
    Options
    Tamara-- I love you! You rock.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Good morning my fabulous friends...Its a great day!!! Nothing special about it, other then I am so proud of myself for what I have came from to what I am doing...Before exercise was never a part of my life, I was like no way..Now I think of ways I can burn calories while doing the stuff I do in everyday life..All my managers at cracker barrel know to put me by the windows so I have to walk to furthest and that way I can burn more calories...I try to do as much extra stufff as possible..and to me my friends that says alot about the person I have become!!!

We are all in this together and we have been at different places in our life, but we all came back and stuck it out and are contining to come here for support..So thats show true color...

I am in such a good mood today, I am off just me and baby girl home today may do my work out come home work in the office for a bit and then take her to the park and enjoy some one on one time because she is growing up way to fast!!

Where I have been..Nope...Where I am headed.....Yep!! Staying positive my friends!!! Nothing can get me down at this point....

You are such an inspiration, Tamara! 0-90 mph is how I see your progress. Lovely just lovely :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Morning all, haven't read the posts from last night yet - been running around trying to get exercise in, sort washing, breakfasts before we go to school - looks like I will have to use the car today as I can't really expect the children to walk to school in the rain - home I can handle but not to school :laugh:

Will pop back later, xx

G'mornin Tany! (ok, that is my bad English accent.......but I tried! :laugh:)
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Here is my song of the day:

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!

One year ago my DD came to live back home again. Tired and depressed from yet another failed attempt to be her own without an education. She has/had a good job with friends of mine waiting tables and making good money, but knew she was not living up to her potential.

She started LPN classes with the thought.......I will try...........each day I will try. When she failed out of a class she came back with a vengence and aced the rest of the tests!!!!!!!!

My friends, my beautiful wonderful daughter is graduating today from LPN school. She will be wearing the Florence Nightengale duds and making her old mom cry.

I promise pictures later on!!!

:laugh: :happy: :love: :flowerforyou: :smooched: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile: and a little bit of:sad: and :yawn:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Just a quick good morning-- typing to do--

Touch base later--

Jeannie-- so happy for your daughter, and for you-- I'd be a mushbaby fer sherrrr!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Jeannie- How awesome for your daughter! Congratulations!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: It is such a great field to be in.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey troops--

Well, I'd forgotten just how far reaching the schedule obliterating tentacles of my husband reach-- stupid, I know, after 22 years. You'd think I'd remember that doesn't matter what I plan, he will find a way to screw it up. I think the bottom line for me is to GET IT THROUGH MY SKULL that as long as I'm in the stranglehold-- um, I mean bond :wink: of holy matrimony, my life is not my own. The sooner I make my peace with that, the happier I'll be-- 22 years and counting, and I haven't quite gotten it.

Long story short-- I headed out for my morning run at 8am, much later than I'd hoped. The sun was bright in the sky. Only 55 degrees, but the sun beating on me positively sapped me, as it always does.

Friends, I have much work to do-- all in all, it was a good thing to be reminded that I must, must, must conquer my running in the daylight thing. I have 13.1 miles to run on a Sunday morning in September. If I can't even run 4 (which this day I could not) than I'm in serious poop. Must press on this month to get this running in the sun thing conquered.

Set out to do four miles, totally pooped out after two, and walked home- and that's with all the 'Brown's don't stop, Black Team doesn't stop" chanting I could muster. I didn't have it in my tank. I didn't bring my water, 'cause I thought, sheesh, four miles? Piece of cake. I've done it numerous times before-- but, not in the sun. so, my newfangled running water bottle thingie shall be strapped to my middle aged floofy waist hence!

So, goal number seven is to conquer running in the sun this month.

Goal number eight is to conquer my "my husband ruins every plan I ever have for myself and I'm ready to kill someone" attitude. It is what it is-- it is what it's been. It is what it shall be. MAKE YOUR PEACE WITH IT ALREADY, WOMAN! And see what else I can do differently to schedule my time wisely this month so I'm not left bitter, resentful and angry at the end of this golf trip like I am after every other one.

Big goals--

Heading out strawberry picking with my younguns-- have a great day.
  • zippy111
    Options
    Marla - You know that running is a state of mind! you WILL conquer the sun. I think it is also important especially when training to be totally hydrated beforehand. Drink lots of water at night. When I know a long run is coming I am drinking like crazy! I really find that the longer runs are easier then the short 4 miles runs. Running is so mental. No matter how long you have have been running it doesn't get any easier. You have to be prepared everytime you go out there. The sun is more of an issue...I HATE the heat! Hopeully Lehigh Valley has a lot of trees surrounding your route!

YOU CAN DO IT MISS MARLA! I haven't hit the button yet but contemplating the Phila 1/2 in November....it will be a little cooler than:bigsmile:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, I digress......Cardio classes for me at the gym=good. Sculpting=no thanks.

The point in all of that my friends..... NEVER EVER stop trying! Always strive to do better, be faster, lift more, go further! Got it?

Lori I have to have a sculpting class. at my gym it's all big muscle heads that use the free weights and I would rather do the trx class then lift weights with them. plus my cardio classes. these cycling bikes are unreal!!! LOVE THEM!!

Oh and I am down 5 pounds from the other day. not really sure what it was cause I haven't been logging but I am counting and eating about 1800 cals. maybe I haven't been eating enough. Hmmm???
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Jeannie..Congrats to your daughter ! Some of my favorite people are nurses. 2 sisters and a SIL.

Marla, You can do it ! I have to get over the running in the heat. We'll do it !
  • zippy111
    Options
    P6050597.jpg
    thought I would share our happy day on Sat. Of course the whole lot of young ladies dressed like this (a 150 year tradition) looked like a brigade of Vestal Virgins She was one happy camper. Boys tried to crack a smile!
  • zippy111
    Options
    P6050597.jpg