worst way to breakup with someone

Options

Replies

• Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    not so much a break up (but closest i have come to aside from just going out separate ways)

our second time together i agreed to cut her yard and rake the leaves as she had a broken forearm. next night we went to the movies (little miss sunshine, her pick) and dinner. i figured when we got back to her place things would progress a bit.

so as she is stewing around the kitchen i ask her if she's tired cause she just looked exhausted. she looks at me and says, oh you can tell? i said yea, thought maybe you were preggers.

she stops dead in her tracks and says funny you should say that, i had my palm read and she told me theres a baby in my future. i chuckled and she looks at me dead serious and tells me she was late this week.

i said, wow, of all the ways we had sex in my head you were only going to get knocked up in 2 of the 15 positions.

she then tells me how shes been having unprotected sex with a guy who is a vendor at her job. i very calmly asked if she enjoyed my Gorillaz dvd and i told her i had to get going.

she called me for about a week after that and couldnt understand why i wouldnt call her back or pick up.

finally i said, oh, you know, youre out &^(*&^(&*^ some other guy while im doing all the ***** work and you dont have the courtesy to give me a handjibber?
  • KaBo81
    KaBo81 Posts: 5
    Options
    A few years ago I had a boyfriend that broke up with me via Facebook. We didn't even have a fight or argument, according to me we were happy. And then one day some of my friends asked me why he is suddenly listed as single and why I am listed as "not in a relationship anymore". It was only THEN that I logged in and saw it myself! To cut a loooong story short: he started Internet dating while we were still together and met a girl and when he invited her on Facebook, he couldn't let her see that he was actually still in a relationship!

But in retrospect: Good riddens!!! :-)
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Receive a restraining order while in jail along with divorce papers. I assume. It felt good at the time.
  • Neets086
    Neets086 Posts: 60
    Options
    Phone or text while you're at work. Had both happen to me.

Mine was a text at work, yes I feel your anger lol

This... TWICE!! i really need to stop dating douche bags haha
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Waking up after a night of drinking to your significant other going to town with a local sleaze...in your bed right next to you... That was pretty awful. But I guess he didn't want to break up, because me throwing all his stuff out the door was 'ridiculous and childish'.
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The post-it note from that Sex in the City episode was pretty rude.

Post-it_zps4d7f44ca.jpg
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    When I was 17 I broke up with a guy by showing up at his birthday party in his new apartment, grabbing my stuff out of his room and telling him we were done as I walked out the door. The party hadn't started yet and although he had cheated on me, it was pretty low. He told me 5 years later that he stopped celebrated his birthday after that.

Of course it didn't occur to him to stop cheating on his girlfriends instead :noway:
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've broken up with guys via text before.
    One was overly dramatic, and would throw a pure childish tantrum, throwing himself on the floor and beating his fists on the ground when we'd have an argument, so it was a way to get around that.
    The other didn't speak to me for a week and would make excuses that he was working in another town over 30 miles away and would tell me days later he'd left his phone at work etc, so I just said that if he couldn't be bothered to tell me these things in the age of technology where Facebook is a thing, then he can just go and find someone else.
    The sad thing was, I really liked the second guy but I often felt like I didn't matter to him, or like I was just an option if there was nothing better to do.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Waking up after a night of drinking to your significant other going to town with a local sleaze...in your bed right next to you... That was pretty awful. But I guess he didn't want to break up, because me throwing all his stuff out the door was 'ridiculous and childish'.

my guess is he didnt see you in your naughty school girl outfit eh?
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    text. i prefer a face to face chat. text sucks.
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    having someone's mom tell you would really suck.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    My amazing ex told me on Facebook that he had a new one!!!!

Easy to say I'm not sorry he's my ex!
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    I recently got broken up with over a text. And wow did it make me angry. But then I thought to myself, why would I want to be in a relationship with a disrespectful coward anyways?
  • Dawnymaries
    Dawnymaries Posts: 109
    Options
    Maybe when you're 12 and you were never really dating in the first place...?

But wow, wtf. Man up and do it face to face. And DON'T DENY the other person an explaination as to WHY you are breaking up. Be honest and up front.
  • av8artist
    av8artist Posts: 46
    Options
    My high school sweetheart was a year ahead of me and two weeks after her HS graduation, out of the blue, announced she was going into the Army and was leaving for basic training in a week. If that doesn't count as a breakup, she did come back from leave after basic and MOS school to let me know she was 'married' to another girl. This was back in 1975 boys and girls. After I completed basic training, she sent me a letter asking me to come out to California to get married to her and be stationed with her. I was too excited about going to Germany to give it any thought. At least most of it was face-to-face. Then again, I am not sure if we ever officially broke up either.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I had an ex steal my debit card, drain it, and cause me to OWE the bank $400+ before I could even realize it was gone. When he told me he was the one who had it, his reasoning was that he wanted to break up and do it dramatically ..... :huh: :explode:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Maybe when you're 12 and you were never really dating in the first place...?

But wow, wtf. Man up and do it face to face. And DON'T DENY the other person an explaination as to WHY you are breaking up. Be honest and up front.

Well, I guess I agree that you shouldn't refuse to give an explanation if asked. I just think I wouldn't want to know. Most of the time, people are not going to be completely honest anyway. They'll just give you something generic like "It's just not working for me anymore," or "I need space," or "I need time to figure some things out." I think it's rare that it's ever that simple. In most cases, there is a pretty specific reason. They've met someone else they're interested in, but they need to be single before they make a move. They already cheated on you, and they feel guilty. You've been hinting around about wanting to get married, and it freaked him out. You've been exceedingly moody lately, and he realized he doesn't love you enough to put up with it forever.

I just don't think it's common to wake up one day and go "You know, I don't think I like her anymore."
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    <<<<Being less than two weeks away from your due date with his child, and after an argument about not being treated with respect he tells you to leave at nine at night, takes your phone because it is in his name, then decides to lock you out. That was me last night.

oh. my. gracious!!!! Worst by far. Who puts out a pregnant wife with no phone?!?

A complete idiot.

I see flaming diapers of baby poop on his doorstep
  • jrknotts
    jrknotts Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Text. In fact, doing anything important through text is total B.S!

and don't get me started on text lingo...
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    My second girlfriend, dumped me via email, and posted a pic of her with her new man (in a PDA kiss, with him having handfuls of her, use your imagination, folks) which I was not aware of she had.

That sucked. Meh.