Thigh gap - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Options

Replies

• zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I would like a small thigh gap. I'm tired of having to throw out my favorite jeans because they get holes in the inner thighs.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    wow, so what about those of us who have this without having "tried" for it (I lost a whole person and have a noticable thigh gap now), maybe I should put on 20 lbs so you think I'm attractive.

Oh wait, I don't give a flying *kitten* what you find attractive or why. Have a nice day.
  • bananapancakebella
    Options

I personally like the thigh gap, or a bit of "bow leggedness". Doesnt it make it easier and more comfortable to straddle things?

No, it doesn't.
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have a big huge thigh gap that is never going to go away. Unattractive and unfeminine are not words I would use to describe my legs, but hey, if that is how the op and others feel, then there it is. It's probably a good thing she doesn't have one. I, on the other hand, have legs that have done and continue to do great things. The thigh gap hate strikes a nerve with me- young women should not be hurting themselves to try to get one, but as for my legs, it's sort of silly to see someone talk about how unattractive it is, when my legs are a physical feature that I frequently get complimented on irl.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    wow, so what about those of us who have this without having "tried" for it (I lost a whole person and have a noticable thigh gap now), maybe I should put on 20 lbs so you think I'm attractive.

Oh wait, I don't give a flying *kitten* what you find attractive or why. Have a nice day.

*stands applauds* :drinker:
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I know what IS unattractive.......

:laugh:
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I am not aiming for that kind of thigh gap but am looking for thighs that are toned and not flabby.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    How dare you body shame my thigh gap!

p13_chickenthighs_zpsf56f3d0f.jpg

:laugh:
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I want a thigh gap as the top of my legs rub together when I run at the moment
  • FH36251
    FH36251 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I know what IS unattractive.......

Moronic people who create moronic threads to put other people down. Your life must be pretty slow at the moment......
    Well said!!

Or "lets make ourselves feel better about something we can't be bothered to work towards by making out it's not attractive".

I'm proud of my body. I work hard for this *kitten*. And I can eat all the cake I want.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I've seen an attractive fit lady with one and an unattractive underweight woman with one... so I guess the thigh gap itself isn't the deciding factor. I don't have one and never will... I'm curvy... (oh wait maybe I'm too fat to be curvy according to another thread). I'll try again.... I'm an hourglass shape (oh wait... that's the elusive unicorn of shapes from another thread, so I can't be that). Round 3...I'm a pear shape with wider shoulders and boobs (dammit... I can't be a pear with wide shoulders so don't fit that one either!). Is it easier if I just lead with my measurements to describe myself? I'll try that... 5'10", 41.5/32/42, thigh 24.5, shaped like a human. My thighs touch.

People really need to worry less about what's attractive to strangers. My hubby thinks I'm fabulous and that's all I care about.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it's hotter when a woman aspires to be the best at who she is. To capitalize at whatever her genetics have given her by working as hard as possible, whether or not that includes a thigh gap or anything else. I think it's better when they aspire to their own best end as opposed to any singular percieved ideal "trait". If you have one, good on ya, if you don't, hey you're hot too!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Completely insulting thread.. I'm 168lbs with a slight thigh gap, I've had two kids, I'm curvy, fit and fabulous.

I'll tell you what's unattractive? Jealous, malicious people who nothing better to do than judge OTHER PEOPLE'S bodies. Judge your own, I KNOW it is far from perfect.
  • Mickers36
    Mickers36 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    WOW she's skinny. Hmmmm how do I feel about thigh gap..... I lose sleep at night worrying about it...... i feel like - well - if you want it- get it and if you don't want it- don't. ;)
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Hating on other women's bodies is wrong, and needs to stop. Whether or not you have a thigh gap depends on your bone structure. Some women will have one even when their body fat percentage is quite high (e.g. high end of the normal range) - others will not have one even at 13% body fat.

Calling it "unfeminine" and "unattractive" is not really fair on women who naturally have one. Maybe a thigh gap looks bad on someone who starved themselves ridiculously underweight to get one..... but they look good on women who have them naturally when their body composition is healthy.

This is one thing I really can't stand.... when women of one body type hate on women with another body type.... it's all over MFP. Why can't you learn to love yourselves without putting others down in the process?

This.^^^^^
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Completely insulting thread.. I'm 168lbs with a slight thigh gap, I've had two kids, I'm curvy, fit and fabulous.

I'll tell you what's unattractive? Jealous, malicious people who nothing better to do than judge OTHER PEOPLE'S bodies. Judge your own, I KNOW it is far from perfect.

QFT!! :drinker:
  • hofosho1020
    hofosho1020 Posts: 179
    Options
    Did this thread really just happen???
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hating on other women's bodies is wrong, and needs to stop. Whether or not you have a thigh gap depends on your bone structure. Some women will have one even when their body fat percentage is quite high (e.g. high end of the normal range) - others will not have one even at 13% body fat.

Calling it "unfeminine" and "unattractive" is not really fair on women who naturally have one. Maybe a thigh gap looks bad on someone who starved themselves ridiculously underweight to get one..... but they look good on women who have them naturally when their body composition is healthy.

This is one thing I really can't stand.... when women of one body type hate on women with another body type.... it's all over MFP. Why can't you learn to love yourselves without putting others down in the process?

This, so much this. It's obviously completely OK to not find it 'attractive', everyone has their own opinions. But threads like this, "Who else hates this body type/feature?" are so incredibly hurtful and unnecessary. I don't know why there's this bandwagon for hating the thigh gap - maybe because it's become unofficially symbolic of thinpso or pro-ana - but it's absurd. There would be enormous backlash if someone posted a thread about hating small breasts or body hair or someone's skin color. When it comes down to it, the thigh gap is part of how someone is built. Dismissing it as unfeminine is not different than saying because a female has less than a certain cupsize, they're also unfeminine.

This! I think you really hit the nail on the head with where the backlash about the "gap" originated. I am 35 and I had never heard of a thigh gap or the desire to have one until a couple of years ago. My nieces told me that in school a girl is considered fat if she doesn't have one. There are plenty of women who have them naturally, and with skinny jeans being so popular now, I think it has become a goal for many girls/women who don't have them naturally to achieve this. I think the OP's choice of wording is harsh and a bit judgemental, but I can appreciate her aggravation for this unhealthy trend. Don't kill yourself trying to get a body that you weren't meant to have.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    How dare you body shame my thigh gap!

p13_chickenthighs_zpsf56f3d0f.jpg

*dead* :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    *waits for all the guys to come on and say otherwise*

I think you're more likely to have women coming in here and saying otherwise actually.

I think if a woman wants a gap between her legs she should just open them.

QFT!
This discussion has been closed.