The stupidest thing you used to think...

Options

Replies

• jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Something so ridiculous that you can't even believe you used to think that way.

It used to be that if I saw a really fit girl running on the street I would think to myself: "Really? She is trying to loose more weight? Seriously, she has problems if she is not happy with the way she looks."

It did not even occur to me that she may NOT be trying to loose any weight, that she just wants to be fit, healthy, and have great muscle tone and healthy heart.

That if I were to eat cheese or nuts I would gain 5lbs :L
  • alicewa88
    alicewa88 Posts: 17
    Options
    That eating 5 - 6 serves of complex carbohydrates was necessary for a good diet :indifferent:

Now eating less than 100 grams a day, it was hard at first but am feeling a lot happier and healthier! There's so much diet/nutrition information that contradicts each other but I have found a documentary called "fat head" on youtube and there some really interesting diet information on there.

But I appreciate everyone has different views, this is just what worked for me.....
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Can't believe I thought I would never enjoy exercise :bigsmile: just so funny to me now!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    That I could eat what ever I wanted as long as I exercised.

Yup, that helped me get to almost 300 lbs!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    That the mile walk to/from work was enough exercise to justify a 2-hour trip to the local buffet.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    That too much fruit was "bad". HAHAHAHAHAHA
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You started counting down in age when you get to 40. This is my Moms fault.

i think your mistaken, at least i still believe it!
  • Catwoman1037
    Catwoman1037 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My former silly thoughts:

1).Thought I was big-boned. lol
    2) Thought it had to be all or nothing
    3) Used to think exercise was annoying.

Nope, nope and nope! :):drinker:

Definitely these ^^^^^^^^!!!!! So happy I learned the truth! :happy:
  • rhunter325
    rhunter325 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wish that I could give up all the diet sodas and drink more water.... I need to cut them out so that I can get rid of some of this sodium and water retention. I even tried drinking one water to every soda... That lasted one whole DAY. Is it still as beneficial to drink water with MIO or another sugar free flavor added?
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Love conquers all.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    That a giant bowl of pasta was fine because it was "low fat" (Damn you Susan Powter!)

^^yep!

I also used to think that eating tons of bread with the old spray on margarine was super healthy (hardly any saturated fat!).
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I used to think I'd never be able to lose weight, because I never had the willpower to cut out all of the food I believed I could never have again in order to do so.

*takes another bite of chocolate cake*

mmmmmmm........
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    As I child I thought a Hamburger with lettuce, Tomatoes, and cheese was a healthy balanced meal because it had all the major food groups. Thank you food pyramid.
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That if I "broke" my diet with something "naughty" then the day was a write off and I could just eat what I wanted and get back on it the next day.

So many misconceptions in one sentence!

THIS!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    That I wasn't "that big"... turns out I was but didn't really see it until I got a lot smaller. I was living in denial I guess! :laugh:
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    As I child I thought a Hamburger with lettuce, Tomatoes, and cheese was a healthy balanced meal because it had all the major food groups. Thank you food pyramid.

I STILL think chocolate cake is healthy, because it contains most of the food groups: milk for "dairy", eggs for "protein", wheat for "grains", and the chocolate and sugar, which came from plants, for "vegetables". Throw in a layer of preserves between cake layers, and now you've got "fruit" covered.

In all honesty, the biggest thing I used to think is that there were foods that had to be avoided at all costs, like ice cream, red meat, sweets, fat of any kind, etc. Now I realize I just need to be careful about how much of them I eat.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    That I actually required 15+ cups of coffee (or equivalent) loaded with flavored cream to feel "normal." smh. I was drinking around 1200 calories a day that way!
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Cardio was the only way to lose weight.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Stupidest thing I used to think? That there was no Jesus D: (I'm a new Christian)

Welcome :-)
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    That I was healthy. And that losing Wright eating healthy and exercising wasn't for me.