why do I seem to attract weirdos and stalkers?

Options

Replies

• Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

some of the comments on here have been pretty harsh and judgmental.
    I'm not trying to get this kind of attention.
    and I don't think anyone would find it "flattering" to be followed home or harassed.

The text conversation you put up didn't imply anyone following you home or harassing you. I think by complaining that you are being "stalked" is actually kind of minimizing the experiences of people who are actually physically stalked, internet bullied, or sexually harassed.

Unless there's more to the story. Someone telling you you're beautiful on the internet can be annoying and inappropriate, but you really have to look at intent to call it stalking or sexual harassment.

^ This. Once that person stalks you quietly to figure out your classes, what times you work, etc., and starts writing you letters about kidnapping you and locking you in a castle, THEN that's stalking.

Castle you say?

You said something offensive. You should apologise and edit that word out of your post. I doubt you will, but you should.

I said something offensive?

No,honeubee. I ****ed up. The posters who said I quoted the wrong post were correct.

No worries darlin...you're doing good work. :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

No,honeubee. I ****ed up. The posters who said I quoted the wrong post were correct.

It's easy to do. This is the first forum I've ever been on that does not have names next to quotes.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You said something offensive. You should apologise and edit that word out of your post. I doubt you will, but you should.

It's most likely already been reported.

Yup. By dis gurl.

32685640.jpg

Hardly. Reporting is a lot more passive than all the things I want to say.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    My KIK name is willwillywilson btw. Just throwing that out there for all you creepers.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Don't talk to me about stalkers until you start pulling home phone and cell numbers on first PM. I get all the dudes . . . FFS

I mean, really, any lady stalkers? Anyone? Please?
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My KIK name is willwillywilson btw. Just throwing that out there for all you creepers.

No.

*Oops. Sorry, crank*
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Sadly, this is the level of many boy's swagger anymore.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lwqv6c32sW1r12diko1_500.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I think Im in love.....................hahahahahaha
  • liberty338
    liberty338 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The expansion of the prevalence of weirdos and creepers is the product of the disappearance in society of the concept of adhering to the unenforceable virtues of chivalry, gentlemanly behavior and modesty. IMHO

p.s. Not all weirdos and creeps are harmless. Learn how to protect youself. And with what tools are (currently) legaly available. :flowerforyou:
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

It's easy to do. This is the first forum I've ever been on that does not have names next to quotes.

It does get a bit confusing sometimes. Especially with the really deeply embedded quotes.
  • Raythomas1
    Options
    I think that is prime game in my opinion...
  • YourGirl_Tina
    YourGirl_Tina Posts: 962 Member
    Options

No.

*Oops. Sorry, crank*

well I would Stalk you.... LOL if I even knew what KIK was :bigsmile:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Came to see what all the fuss is about. Less than impressed.

24742973.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

It does get a bit confusing sometimes. Especially with the really deeply embedded quotes.

I wish MFP would reconfigure the site to put who says what with the quotes.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

and I don't think anyone would find it "flattering" to be followed home or harassed.

The text conversation you put up didn't imply anyone following you home or harassing you. I think by complaining that you are being "stalked" it's actually kind of minimizing the experiences of people who are actually physically stalked, internet bullied, or sexually harassed.

Unless there's more to the story. Someone telling you you're beautiful on the internet can be annoying and inappropriate, but you really have to look at intent to call it stalking or sexual harassment.

AGREED.
  • Lucia120382
    Lucia120382 Posts: 427
    Options

The text conversation you put up didn't imply anyone following you home or harassing you. I think by complaining that you are being "stalked" it's actually kind of minimizing the experiences of people who are actually physically stalked, internet bullied, or sexually harassed.

^^^THIS
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

The OP sounds silly. You just sound bitter.

you mad?

I'm not the one who called men 'phagotts' and was talking about women with inflated egos. Someone else pointing out your obvious anger/derision does not make them mad. It just makes them an acute observer.

This. And also, I'd like to point out that it's usually the bitter and unhappy men who can't find dates that stoop to blatant sexism and homophobia.

haha I think your both mad. Sorry the truth hurts!

Huh. Still stuck in 2010?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

you mad?

I'm not the one who called men 'phagotts' and was talking about women with inflated egos. Someone else pointing out your obvious anger/derision does not make them mad. It just makes them an acute observer.

This. And also, I'd like to point out that it's usually the bitter and unhappy men who can't find dates that stoop to blatant sexism and homophobia.

To what "truth" do you refer?
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    You don't attract them... you let them in.
    There is a difference.
    Ex: You are still having a conversation with said stalker/weirdo.
    Conclusion: you like it.
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options

you mad?

Huh. Still stuck in 2010?

more like 1980

163563561.gif