Women Fit For Forties

Options

Replies

• snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hello Fit Women!

Ended up with a sinus infection and taking it easy today. You are all remarkable and I love reading all the challenges and triumphs. No exercise for several days, tender head and body but I have been doing great on the calories and the pretty well on getting enough water.

momma2four: You are one terrific mother! I cheer for your little guy to continue to grow and be challenged. There are so many wonderful tools to help children in their development. Do you live near a University? The University I attended had several programs that benefited families in the commuinty that focused on early childhood education. Yesterday I drove my son to the University to attend Engineering State this week. He was so excited. Where did this child come from? Oh ya he has his dad's genes. lol

bluenote: I was so happy to see you post. I need a good belly laugh so let it rip girl. You never disappoint. You will make your goal for 100. You got your metabolism a burning and melting off you. So proud of you.

llowry so happy to see you back. Way to go on the triple challenge!

Welcome to the new gals, this is an amazing group of women. Good job to all of you working on the challenge.

Have a good evening.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yay - great job on the challenges!!

W1D2
    200 Situp Challenge - 81
    200 Squat Challenge - 71
    100 Pushup Challenge - 34

The pushups are hard! :grumble:
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    I'm in with y'all. I'm 44 and have struggled with weight my whole life. I feel so blessed to have stumbled upon mfp. I love all of the encouragement on this website! I started on here at 250 (my highest weight was 288) almost three weeks ago; I weigh in on Friday mornings. Looking forward to sharing challenges, successes, and encouragement with my fellow 40+ with 50+ to lose!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    56 squats
    40 minute walk with kids
    70 minutes gardening (trimming bushes,clean up, weeding, and weed eating with a machine not actual eating:laugh: )
    35 minutes pushing a lawn mower.
    25 wall pushups.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
    Shower until the hot water runs out, priceless
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I'm in with y'all. I'm 44 and have struggled with weight my whole life. I feel so blessed to have stumbled upon mfp. I love all of the encouragement on this website! I started on here at 250 (my highest weight was 288) almost three weeks ago; I weigh in on Friday mornings. Looking forward to sharing challenges, successes, and encouragement with my fellow 40+ with 50+ to lose!

Glad you are in. :flowerforyou:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

70 minutes gardening (trimming bushes,clean up, weeding, and weed eating with a machine not actual eating:laugh: )

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    we all need a salad occasionally!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome from another newbee.....I feel blessed to have found this website also and am passing it on to all my friends.

Morning to the rest of thte gals.....My kids and I are going to do our exercise day again today.....wish me good sanity, I mean good luck, HA!!!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Ok well the scale is in my favor again today! Since 6-1-10 I'm down 5.6 pounds! So the different challenges/change ups in my workouts are definitely helping! Thank you everyone for all the motivation! :bigsmile:

Kelly
  • Called2Praise
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

I am appreciative of finding this forum. I am a 47 soon to be 48 in July and like many of the post I have read have allowed my weight to get the best of me. I joined MFP a few weeks ago; however, I was not commited. Today that is no longer my story. I am commited and determined to loose weight, sustain a healthy life style and gain new friends. I am looking forward to the many comments that will keep me focused on achieving my goal. My goal is to loose 50 pounds without drastic measures as I have taken in the past only to end up a little heavier than when I started. My clothing told the story for me. Thanks for the words of encouragement, as I look forward moving to greatness with all of you.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Welcome, we have all done it so our feeling go out to you....making the first step is an important one....encourgement to keep it up and hopefully the scale will be kind to you also.,
  • Momma2four
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

I am appreciative of finding this forum. I am a 47 soon to be 48 in July and like many of the post I have read have allowed my weight to get the best of me. I joined MFP a few weeks ago; however, I was not commited. Today that is no longer my story. I am commited and determined to loose weight, sustain a healthy life style and gain new friends. I am looking forward to the many comments that will keep me focused on achieving my goal. My goal is to loose 50 pounds without drastic measures as I have taken in the past only to end up a little heavier than when I started. My clothing told the story for me. Thanks for the words of encouragement, as I look forward moving to greatness with all of you.

sounds good to me, slow and steady wins the race. Drastic is only temporary!! Good for you for taking this step you are going to do great if you keep that attitude
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:

Ditto!

Lost 2 pounds this week. I hope that it stays and is not because of being sick.

Kintegra fantastic progress for you!!! Keep up the good work.

Called2praise welcome. Tracking in the food diary every single thing I eat and the amount was a huge eye opener for me and I feel like that is been how I have had the success thus far. Best wishes.
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Well, I got my workout in the morning and it about killed me or so I thought.. Good thing I don't do crazy challenges like that every day but, 1 to 2 times a week is good.. Thanks mama for the link. With that said I doubled my workout time this morning and burned almost 1200 calories.. yippee... Now I just have to up my h2o intake today and make good decisions (mgd) the rest of the day!
    My goals for the day are double exercise.... done
    water of 100oz.. half way there
    make good decisions of what I put in my mouth.. so far so good!

Well. I suppose I should get going and get back to work.

TTYL
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Good Goals for today Cogirl. I am thinking double double double as well. So I have done well so far half way there on the water and doing good in the exercise department. If things keep going according to plan I would have done super today. Even though I am feeling stressed about my little guy. Okay not so stressed but concerned.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Momma2four: I hope yesterday and today went better with your son ... I think you are exactly right in wanting him to participate just like everyone else. I think there is nothing worse for kids' confidence and self-esteem than to make them feel 'different' by giving them reasons that they don't have to do things - even if at that moment they would like to get out of whatever it is.
    I have a niece that was recently allowed to not participate in her 'evening of sharing' at church because she was so stressed about having to talk in front of the other confirmants and families (she was still confirmed later in the week). She was given the option of just reading a bible verse - which is what several other children did that were too uncomfortable to read the answers they had written to their sharing questions. But her mom insisted that it was just too stressfull for her so she shouldn't have to do it. I think that choice did nothing but make her feel like it was something she couldn't do, and that she was different than everyone else being confirmed. Sometimes there needs to be times when opting out isn't an option, even if we don't want our kids to be mad, sad or uncomfortable - in the long run it is better for them to know they can accomplish something! Of course I wouldn't be overly concerned about my niece if this situation wasn't just another in a long list of examples like it that have happened since my brother and his wife divorced. ok - enough ranting by me! Anyhow Momma - I think you have the right idea and are a great mom.

ok ... as to my diet and exercise :ohwell: ... I still don't have my motivation backk 100%. I went home last night and celebrated having a night home alone by snacking on potato chips while I cooked a baked potato with too much butter and cheese. I delayed logging on to track what I ate until now because I didn't really want to know ... but I did log everything and went over on calories by 190 (including eating all my exercise calories). But I am going to consider it a step in the right direction that I did log it all. I hadn't planned to exercise more than a 20 minute walk later today .. but you are all making me feel guilty (which sometimes is the kind of motivation I need) ... so I will try to do one of the challenges when I get home too. Thanks for being here girls!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    W1D2
    200 Situp Challenge - 89
    200 Squat Challenge - 81
    100 Pushup Challenge - 42
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    checking in
    Ok... so today went very well! I doubled up on my workout
    65 min elliptical
    60 situps
    100oz of water
    stayed within the calories
    and even though I am seriously tired.. I had a GREAT Day!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    As a lot of you know from other posts, but I have to tell you Forties gals in person:
    I DID IT!!! I JOINED THE FITNESS CENTER!!!!! And guess what? ALL OF THE MACHINES HOLD MY WEIGHT!!! They wouldn't have 82 pounds ago, but they do now! I am so happy! Going tomorrow for a free fitness evaluation. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Life is good. :happy: I'm exhausted, but life is indeed good. :happy:
  • Solandra
    Solandra Posts: 84
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

I'm pleased to report that I've not simply "managed" to exercise daily this week, but I've made a point to do so. Last night, my step-son and I went for that walk (so he know's the mile-route, and so I could get it done); good times. I know the shiney will wear off of being helpful and interested, etc, but I'm going to enjoy it as it happens right now.

I found out that the grocery store I shop at not only has a website, but a meal planner/shopping list and calendar function. Next week will be pretty brutal (10.5-11 hour days at work while my partner is out), so I wanted to be particularly diligent about making things ahead of time.

Most ladies delicately refer to their cycle as that "time of the month", or TOM. Having gained 3 pounds in water weight since Sunday (because it's not anything else, this week, for sure), I'm going back to the old fashioned epithet "Eve's Curse." I mean, c'mon, everybody should eat apples, right?

My thoughts are with you all, mothers, workers, daily travelers, procrastinators and newcomers. Have a good day!