going to start 30 day shred, anyone want to join me?

Options

Replies

• lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    just finished day 3 level 1 of 30 day shred...It actually got easier today...I do feel Jillian talks way too much...and I think there should be more ab work...How is everyone else doing...
  • jazpurita
    jazpurita Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 although I switch up between levels 2 and 3 each day to challenge myself I also take Zumba on Tuesdays and Thursday lets see what the outcome is in 30 days!!!!! I was wondering if I should push through each day working out or take one day rest? I really don't want to take a day rest because I don't want to lose my motivation but I also don't want to over work my body advice please
  • luckylei
    luckylei Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I took a day of rest after day 4, did day 5 last night, and saw a HUGE improvement in my endurance! I actually threw in a couple of big-girl push-ups :happy: I think the day of recovery made all the difference.
  • X0_KAY_0X
    Options
    I'm on Day 3. Trying to stay motivated and eat healthy. If anyone wants too add me so we can help eachother, please do.
  • Jul685
    Jul685 Posts: 81
    Options
    Are you supposed to take rest days or do the 30 days straight through?

And by rest days, I mean do cardio or other things.
  • SaShmy1022
    SaShmy1022 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Little late, but I'm so in! I have the healthy eating down, but am just not motivated enough to work out. This will be good for me! Starting tomorrow as it's weigh-in day and monthly measurement day anyway.
  • lexlyn14
    Options

You are suppose to do the 30 days of shred straight through with no breaks...I also run a half hour and do the eliptical a half hour every day...But I am really feeling sore...:sad:
  • Jul685
    Options

You are suppose to do the 30 days of shred straight through with no breaks...I also run a half hour and do the eliptical a half hour every day...But I am really feeling sore...:sad:

Yikes! Well, I guess I better do it tonight. I'm still sore. :(
  • Jul685
    Options
    Just did day 3! Phew. My elbows didn't crack really at all during push ups! I feel like I improved from previous days.

What are everyone's favorite parts and parts you hate? I think I like the chest fly, butt kicks and various sit ups the most. I hate the side lunges.
  • petitegreek
    petitegreek Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    YAY, I ended up doing day 3 level 1 after work tonight! I feel good :) I feel like I'm starting to get better too. I'm getting better at the squat press. However, the punches kill me lol... my legs burn so bad while doing them! I wish Jillian had more ab work in the workout too.
  • Lam75
    Lam75 Posts: 72
    Options
    Just done first attempt at level 1, managed it all but used 1kg weights as my back and shoulders are very weak due to injury. I will move up if I can. Feel good now but I'm sure I will feel it later!!
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Im on day 2 x
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hey all :flowerforyou:
    I'm doing day 3 of Level 1 tonight. Done days 1 and 2 on Wednesday and Thurday, took yesterday as a rest day (I also run in the week).

I'm loving the workout so far, can't wait to get to level 2 - I took some pics of myself this morning so I have something to compare at the end of the 30DS - I will post the before and afters when it's done :smile:
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 day 5 yesterday so today will be day 6. I'm going to take rest days each Sunday but for a workout on thst day I will do my 25 minute Firm ab dvd and play Just Dance 4. The beginning juming jacks and jump rope are getting easier but still I wanna break, ifthat makes sense, lol. I did increase my weights on the bicep curls and back row to 6lbs yesterday though. I agree, not enough ab work in level one (never did level 2 or 3 so I don't know about that yet), hence why I'm going to do cardio and abs on my rest day. Can't wait to see all of our results!!
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Morning girls! I started day 1 level 1 today and did 20 minutes of spinning to complete my workout. I was only 5 push ups away from doing them all in perfect form which is a big improvement from the first time I did it. Over time do you still listen to the fido or have you memorized it and just timed yourself. Sometimes i get bored but i think if I listen to some music and just time myself I could have a little more fun. Looking forward to seeing results!
  • lexlyn14
    Options
    getting ready to do day 4 level 1 of shred...I definately feel sore today...but will just get thru it...
  • mrsg2013
    mrsg2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    just did day 2 x
  • Jul685
    Options
    Morning girls! I started day 1 level 1 today and did 20 minutes of spinning to complete my workout. I was only 5 push ups away from doing them all in perfect form which is a big improvement from the first time I did it. Over time do you still listen to the fido or have you memorized it and just timed yourself. Sometimes i get bored but i think if I listen to some music and just time myself I could have a little more fun. Looking forward to seeing results!

I see your pic is from the color run.... I'm doing it for the 2nd time this year! isn't it so much fun??
  • Jul685
    Options
    Just finished day 4! I made it through the first round of push ups without modifying or stopping :D the second round, I had to modify for like 5... so I think tomorrow I will def be able to do it all the way through.
  • lexlyn14
    Options
    just finished day 4 of shred...I didnt stop the whole way thru...I still do the modified push ups though...It is definately getting easier each day...WOOHOO!!!