30 Day Shred!! Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• torimarsh
    torimarsh Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi I would like to join in too. I just finished L1D1!
  • cpenn1980
    cpenn1980 Posts: 22
    Options
    Count me in! I just finished L1D1 too! Now, I wonder if I'll be able to move tomorrow :)
  • maccabeth
    maccabeth Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm in. I just purchased my DVD today. I had to drop the car off to get my brakes done (and walk the 1.3mi back and forth in the 92* heat! Ick!) this afternoon, so I didn't have time to preview it. I planned today off anyway, so I will start tomorrow. I've never done a DVD workout before. I live on the 3rd floor of my apt building so I will wait till everyone is at work to do it! :laugh:

Question- it says you need hand weights. Can someone tell me which ones? I have a couple of 5s and 10s (and maybe a 20?) somewhere in a closet....

Thanks! I'm excited to join in the group.
  • torimarsh
    torimarsh Posts: 14
    Options
    Count me in! I just finished L1D1 too! Now, I wonder if I'll be able to move tomorrow :)
    [/quote

We will have to compare notes tomorrow!!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Question- it says you need hand weights. Can someone tell me which ones? I have a couple of 5s and 10s (and maybe a 20?) somewhere in a closet....

I use 3s and that is plenty of weight for me! You do rowing, squat/presses, and side lunges/arm lifts while holding them, so I would just use whatever you're comfortable with. The dvd doesn't specifiy any specific weight.
  • glopez1
    glopez1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in! Started my diet today but have exercise planned for tomorrow on. Let's see how much we can shred in 30!
  • brieann
    brieann Posts: 16
    Options
    Just started it yesterday and it kicked my *kitten*, was really sore but made myself do it today anyways because I won't have time tomorrow. It is great so far, but I'm only on level 1.
  • vennie
    vennie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. I am on day 2 Level 1, I do spinning classes on Tues and thurs. I take my dogs for a walk before I start to warm up good. And yes it is a killer, I think I am ready to get heavier weights, my arms and shoulders are feeing it today. I am heading to the hot tub to relax my muscles before bed.
    what have you found to be the secret to using this website. Should I be leaving at least 400 calories on the table every day, after all my food, and excersize is taken into account?

I lost a ton of weight on DR B. But once you get back into the swing of eating and drinking, it comes running back to find you. LOL
    :drinker:
    I am interested in hearing from you
    Thank you
    :flowerforyou:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Welcome, everyone!!! :flowerforyou: Our group keeps growing! :happy:
    Checking in... Day 2 for me. I did Level 2 ( I'm mixing them up) along with a bike ride. I should sleep well tonight. :laugh:
  • Tibbers
    Tibbers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hopefully it's not to late for me to be in! Bought my copy 2 days ago, but havn't gotten started until tonight. Had a nasty sinus infection. Breathing is overrated. :tongue: Looking forward to seeing us all get some awesome results over the next 30 days!
  • lisaosumarie
    Options
    Count me in! I started level 1 tonight and I am so sore. I can feel it!
  • skywalker
    Options
    Hopefully it's not to late for me to be in! Bought my copy 2 days ago, but havn't gotten started until tonight. Had a nasty sinus infection. Breathing is overrated. :tongue: Looking forward to seeing us all get some awesome results over the next 30 days!
    It's never too late! Welcome Tibbers and lisaosumarie!! :flowerforyou:
    I had a sinus infection once. :frown:
  • slimdoc
    slimdoc Posts: 7
    Options
    I am excited to have others share in the pain Jillian inflicts. I finished day 3 of level 1 today. I struggled more today because my muscles were so sore and fatigued. I also did 20 min interval on my elliptical trainer this evening. I was thinking about taking a one day break from 30 day shred tomorrow. I just started MFP and my new lifestyle 3 weeks ago. I will post my progress but I think I will have to spend about 10 days on each level to allow for some days to recover.:flowerforyou:
  • maccabeth
    maccabeth Posts: 111 Member
    Options

I use 3s and that is plenty of weight for me! You do rowing, squat/presses, and side lunges/arm lifts while holding them, so I would just use whatever you're comfortable with. The dvd doesn't specifiy any specific weight.

Thanks for this information! I may have some 3s in there. I honestly don't remember! We'll see how it goes today on day 1!
  • vals74
    vals74 Posts: 13
    Options
    Good morning all! Love reading about everyone else's experience; makes me feel better that I wasn't the only one with the Day 3 soreness and fatigue ;) Did manage to throw myself out of bed this morning and get Day 4 achieved - YAY!!! Let's keep the great work!
  • lisaosumarie
    Options
    I did day 2 this morning and it hurt so bad. I only did 15 minutes due to time and my body hurting!
  • cpenn1980
    cpenn1980 Posts: 22
    Options
    Day 2 Level 1 done! I woke up a bit sore from yesterday so I made myself do it earlier today. I usually hit the peak of 'soreness' about 24 hours after my workout. I think tomorrow will be my biggest hurdle. It seems like day 3 the pain sets in? So glad to have everyones support and hear each others experiences.
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    L1D5 complete! And I did it without taking a break! A definite improvement in endurance since day 1. I still do most of the modified version of the workout, and per a suggestion on another 30 DS thread, I do my push-ups off the wall instead of on the floor.

It is AMAZING how much better my quads feel after taking the 1 day off between days 3 and 4. They aren't sore any more (except during the actual workout) and I'm not walking funny any more either. :laugh: I definitely recommend a rest day if you're hurting.
  • skywalker
    Options
    L1D5 complete! And I did it without taking a break! A definite improvement in endurance since day 1. I still do most of the modified version of the workout, and per a suggestion on another 30 DS thread, I do my push-ups off the wall instead of on the floor.

It is AMAZING how much better my quads feel after taking the 1 day off between days 3 and 4. They aren't sore any more (except during the actual workout) and I'm not walking funny any more either. :laugh: I definitely recommend a rest day if you're hurting.

As you get stronger, keep moving down and then try your push ups off a railing or steps. I mentioned earlier that I use a cedar chest, but I started in the doorway or on my knees :happy:
    For those who are hurting, sometimes it's just better to take an easy walk or a rest day to let your muscles recover. They need time to repair and pushing too hard can lead to injuries. :frown:
    I'll be Shredding later and I'll check in when done :happy:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Day 3... DONE!!! :happy: