Weirdest thing you've ever ate???

Options
jakeVScalories
jakeVScalories Posts: 107 Member
Mine is either rattlesnake.... or a frogs eye that i was double dared to eat. What's yours???

Replies

• Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Nightcrawlers in hotsauce. I think I was 12.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I've had sea cucumber, blood pudding (common, but still weird), herring spawn on kelp, raw shrimp eggs, octopus ceviche, bear and a white king salmon that I caught by my own self.
  • Harlequin16
    Harlequin16 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Red Tree Ants with fried beef. It was weird but delicious! :)
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    All I'm gonna say is that mine may have barked at some point...
  • preetsangha
    Options
    monkey - while on hols in Liberia
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    A sweetbread in batter that I thought was chicken in batter until I was told after I commented that the chicken tasted strange! lol.
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Tarantulas, cockroaches, grasshoppers and a chocolate covered scorpion... and those are only the ones I know about. Traveled extensively and in some places I havent been game to ask what's on my plate!
  • ShmareParks
    ShmareParks Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Let's see: boiled silkworm pupae, spicy puppy-dog stew, barbecued dragonfly, raw beef, octopus, julienned jellyfish, whole fermented baby crab including shell, sheep intestine, shrimp potato chips, dried squid, and acorn jelly. (In other words, I lived in Korea for 3 years.) ;)

And it was all delicious.
  • jackiecamarena
    jackiecamarena Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    A sandwich my drunk friend made me consisting of: one slice of white bread, one slice of rye, peanut butter, sriracha, cheese, hummus, tomato, red onion, strawberry jam, potato chips, olives, and a tiny bit of cottage cheese.

I am pretty sure I ate a marble once as a kid.
    Thought I was going to die.
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Love these puppies. Best fruit ever...

Rambutan-Fruit-Tropical-Fruit.jpg

Not necessarily the weirdest thing I've ate, but certainly in the running for weirdest look and feel.
  • blytheandbonnie
    Options
    I am humbled.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    According to everyone I didn't grow up with, dried cuttlefish strips are considered 'weird'.

I think they're just considered delicious.
  • DarkDiva2005
    Options
    Cuy ... aka guinea pig
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i eat dragon fruit on daily basis
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Meat.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Another person . . . . .
  • blytheandbonnie
    Options
    i eat dragon fruit on daily basis
    If you were a 'Game of Thrones' character, that could take on a whole new meaning. Cool.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I ate chalk and wax crayons as a child. But technically that's not food lol... but it is weird.

Weirdest actual food was probably camel lasagne. Or any camel dish, but juxtaposing camel mince with an ordinary sounding meal like lasagne makes it sound more weird. Yes I made it... I've eaten more traditionally cooked camel meat as well, but like I said "camel lasagne" sounds weirder.

I've also eaten unidentified fruit that was served to be at an Arabic family's home... no idea what it was, it was light brown. Never seen fruit like it, would be interested to know what it is.

My husband ate sheep's brains (another Arab food, traditionally served to men at weddings)
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Solidified duck blood (melts in your mouth!) and chicken hearts :/
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Kinder Surprise stuffed with fettuccini alfredo :laugh: