They cut my head open, your excuse is invalid!

Options

Replies

• Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow what a story.... i fully understand what you are talking about... with the exception of reaching my goal weight...(but its only been a month..) I have a scar similar to yours only mine goes down to the middle of my back...to the base of my skull.... there i was being content in my job and stuff like that and my whloe left sid went to atrophy... well i got that fixed now I'm in the middle of gaining back muscle and losing fat....things seem to happen for a reason I guess...but I have to keep going...thanks for your story...
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    A turn of the life's dial and it could happen to me...you give hope now and always. Thanks,
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Damn you and your super big brain are doing great!!!

This is a great story thank you for sharing.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Glad you're up and about. Great story and congrats on getting your life and health back. Blessings! :flowerforyou:
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting this! Great feel good story, so glad to hear you're back on the road to healthiness and no more headaches!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    great job, girl. :):flowerforyou:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You rock!
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    youre beautiful inside and out :flowerforyou:
    thank you for the best foot forward and the motivation
  • acloern1985
    acloern1985 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I had this exact operation in 2004 after being rear-ended by a car in 2003. I was in agony for months (seriously thought I had broken bones but all xrays were clean) with no explanation when finally my doctors ordered an MRI and sent it to a neurosurgeon. He confirmed I had Chiari malformation and needed surgery ASAP. It definitely put my life on hold for a bit of time. About two years ago all the lingering nerve pain, etc finally went away and I feel as though I'm getting my life back.

Great job getting through it! It sucks, but then you realize its your life to live. Great inspiration, thank you!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I am very glad you are ok.
  • JerseyGirl081
    JerseyGirl081 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    OMG AWESOME AMAZING FABULOUS PHENOMENAL. Soooooooo Inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing your story. Definitely has lifted me up during a time where I was feeling horrible about my own issues. :heart: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • amos481
    amos481 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story and providing your progress..I wish you all the best!!!
  • Shanekhyl
    Shanekhyl Posts: 31
    Options
    Wow, you have really moved me in so many ways... Every day I feel blessed to have my health as I too had a scare a number of years ago, I look at my healthy boys and get over my minor complaints quickly... We are all on a journey to better ourselves keep up the fab work everyone!!!! And you look bloody AMAZING in your pics well done very inspiring and sooooo glad to hear you see the positives to a negative... You a star :-)
  • boogiewoogiekar
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration!! You have accomplished so much, in spite of a big medical issue.

I also am 5'2" and I used to wear a size 16. I am down to a between size 14 and 12. Size 6 is my goal.
  • MisKaren1
    MisKaren1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love it! Inspiring. So thankful for the answer to many many prayers! :)
  • ToxicTinkerbell
    ToxicTinkerbell Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Amazing :) Thank you for sharing such a truly inspirational story!
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :happy: :heart:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You. Are. Awesome.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I love you!!!! You have a great story. Thank you for sharing with us.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of the responses and friend requests!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!