What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• nannybubbles
    Options
    A lovely warm bath has always been my personal pick me up and now, because I displace so much less water, I can have it deeper so there is a lot more water than there is me and it feels fantastic !
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    people think you have a fake ID if your weightloss is significant (particularly in the face). also i have found that after people notice your loss, they automatically assume it was through an unhealthy manner. :grumble:
  • sandyinsc
    sandyinsc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. This is an awesome thread! Congrats to all!
  • crazihel
    crazihel Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Doing ab work - particularly leg extensions is uncomfortable - my bum is too bony!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Just looked after my 22 month grandson all day without collapsing - I am 63.
    One thing that is a bit sad is that I don't have many people to go clothes shopping with. People I used to go with are now bigger than me and it makes it a bit of a difficult subject. I try not to crow as i love them, but I don't have a lot of slimmer friends.
    I had loads of photos taken of myself on holiday and looked good in them!
    I look at fashion mags a lot- I used to hate them.
    I'm looking forward to summer now as I will be able to wear a skirt without my thighs rubbing together and am considering buying some summer shoes with a slight heel. My feet are appreciating not having to carry so much weight!
  • browi
    browi Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm cold...All the time...But it's a small price to pay.

That, exactly.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    When I am finding clothes I like in shops, a lot of the time they are now way too big. I was a 3XL top and 50" hips/60" waist and I am now a Medium / Large top and 32" waist. Today there a T shirt I liked but it only in XL to 3XL and a pair of jeans was 34" to 42".
  • Show_Stopper
    Show_Stopper Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I'm cold...All the time...But it's a small price to pay.

yes this it's sooooo weird
  • annacham
    annacham Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dogladytwo
    dogladytwo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    cold all the time (fingers and toes especially) and sore tailbone are the negatives. Turning over easily in bed and completing vigorous yard work without complete exhaustion are the positives.
  • JasonAxelrod
    JasonAxelrod Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The ridiculously huge changes in personal perspective. The biggest and most recent one has been that I can actually enjoy eating slowly.

I don't know if it is a measure of my compulsive eating disorder or if I had just grown accustomed to eating quickly and eating with large mouthfuls for so long that it truly was the only way I felt I could enjoy and "savor" my food in the past. I went into my diet thinking this would never change and would simply be something I would have to deal with—not enjoying my food as much because I needed to eat slowly.

I don't know how or why the change happened, but this is the first time, aside from either being really, really busy while eating or simply being sick that I was able to enjoy eating smaller bites or mouthfuls and more slowly, and that doing so had its own appeal.
  • Happpyyygirl
    Options
    In the shower, my shoulders feel slimmer. How weird is that?
  • simplysera
    simplysera Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump !! This is awsum!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    For me its how cold I am most of the time. I have to wear lots of layers to keep warm now :(
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    The ridiculously huge changes in personal perspective. The biggest and most recent one has been that I can actually enjoy eating slowly.

I don't know if it is a measure of my compulsive eating disorder or if I had just grown accustomed to eating quickly and eating with large mouthfuls for so long that it truly was the only way I felt I could enjoy and "savor" my food in the past. I went into my diet thinking this would never change and would simply be something I would have to deal with—not enjoying my food as much because I needed to eat slowly.

I don't know how or why the change happened, but this is the first time, aside from either being really, really busy while eating or simply being sick that I was able to enjoy eating smaller bites or mouthfuls and more slowly, and that doing so had its own appeal.

Wow thats awesome! I really hope that I get to that stage eventually.
  • lukeniknak
    Options
    going from not being able to run down my road without gasping for breath to being able to run 4.5 miles 3 days a week without stopping!
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    People definitely treat me differently - although I am somewhat appalled to hear the anti fat jibes that are said freely and frequently behind the backs of others who are still carrying around excess weight. I work in an environment where people didn't know me when I carried my extra 100 lbs - so people don't feel the need to hide their comments from me as clearly they assume that I have always been at this weight
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I agree with sex being better.

People are actually a little less nice to me. I don't get leeway with my friends to feel badly about my body, they just roll their eyes at me. I get a lot of the "oh, well it's easy for *you*" comments regarding weight. I've pretty much just stopped talking to people about it.

Biggest surprise is that I don't feel totally self-confident even though I look a lot better. I think it's because now that I focus so much on how I look I'm more aware of trouble spots, especially things I can't fix. I know objectively that I look pretty good (especially compared to before) and some days I feel like I look awesome, but often I just still see bad things when I look in the mirror. I think part of it is that I'm still wearing a lot of clothes that don't fit, so hopefully I can afford some new ones soon.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    error
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!