Is it wrong for me to go out with someone younger?

Options

Replies

• burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    It's not that I wouldn't go out with someone my age, where I live it's just hard to find. When I lived in Calif. it was no problem, it's just so limited here. So, don't go making assumptions that I wouldn't date my own age.
  • cbkb1234
    cbkb1234 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if your question is 100% valid, I mean it's fine if that's what your attracted to and if they like you (younger women) I like both older and younger men so I'm not judging , but if it's about the energy and fitness like you say just go to your gym and find someone I know millions, trillions of women in their 40's who have "energy" I mean… your in your 40's and I'm guessing you have a lot of energy?
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    ouch its kinda wrong for you to generalize all 48 years old women not to have the energy, athleticism &&be in shape like you.... pretty sure there are women who are way in better shape than you :tongue:

BUT... no there is nothing wrong with that .... as long as your personalities match I guess thats all that matters

But if that's his perception, then it's his reality. I hope he doesn't rule out women his age based on that perception, or yes, he may miss out on someone incredible, but being 43 myself, if a guy decided I wasn't active and energetic enough for him based entirely on my age, then why would I bother with someone that shallow anyway? (not saying that that's what the OP was saying btw)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    half your age plus seven. so 31.
  • Jacquiesteer
    Options
    I'm 35 and been in a relationship with a 48yr old man for over 5 years - I think it's perfect because he's young at heart and I'm old and wise (even though it should be the other way around!) :wink:
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    There's 18 years between myself and my husband, we've been together for 12 years and married almost 9... like with all things, age does make a difference, but when you love someone you find way for it to work...
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Compatibility is the most important thing I look for in a relationship, not age.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    honestly I have dated someone younger then me (way too much immaturity) and am now happily married to my husband who is two years older then me. If you are happy with someone younger, then that is your "cup of tea".
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    No its not wrong unless she is under 18.. I say go with what suits your heart. Older ladies tend too be more mature tho, I find that I like guys that are 5-7 years younger than me.
    I agree with the 18 and up thing. I love younger guys myself. My husband is 11 years younger than I. I am 38 but if my husband and I split, I wouldn't have a problem dating a 21 yr old. That's if I wasn't looking for anything really serious. My rule is 21+ or not younger than my children. I have a 1 and 3 yr old so it's all good. lol
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Compatibility is the most important thing I look for in a relationship, not age.

I just creeped your profile and honestly, you look like you're 20! You have the babiest face!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I promise the younger person doesn't care! [personal experience, talking.lol]
    Especially if your pleasing to the eye! Kidding! ..maybe.lol

As long as y'all are compatible, age doesn't matter!
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have a gorgeous single friend who is 47. She's on both a dragon boat team and a mountain bike team. Don't count those women out just yet. They are out there rocking it!
  • andreagreen1974
    andreagreen1974 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Who's to say what is right and wrong for you? Only you can say that.
  • riley76051
    Options
    Is it wrong for two consensual adults to be in a relationship? Haha not at all! You have nothing to worry about. If that's your taste, then that's your taste. Plenty of women will enjoy being with a man older than they are. And, let's be realistic, you're more likely to find someone in better shape if they're on the younger side. Compatibility matters, not age.
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    I'm getting the feeling I'm making a lot of enemies here, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I think there is a miscommunication. Please read my previous responses. Not knocking women my age, just hard to find single ones that I'm attracted to. There are plenty that are married, but that's not for me. Finding a single one is hard...So don't hate me for wanting to find someone who I would feel compatible with. Be it 30 to 55, it's not the age, just whats available.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i don't understand the dilemma, you're an adult, if you meet another adult that you connect with, date her, why do you need the consent of people that don't even know you?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    If you're two consenting adults, go for it. It is everyone else's responsibility to mind their own business.
  • KariRoseDoll
    KariRoseDoll Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My fiance is nine years older than I am, and it really is never an issue with us. We're both active and we enjoy the same things. We just click together, and we often forget that we aren't the same age. The only time when it shows is like when another poster before mentioned pop culture.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Darn it! Im.27 lol.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong? Not necessarily. But I wouldn't date someone your age. Be prepared to deal with daddy issues. And be prepared for women to swear up and down that they "just like older men" and don't have daddy issues. But...be prepared for daddy issues.