Options

Replies

• veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    1. Alicia
    2. 106 pounds and counting!
    3. Approx. 20 pounds
    4. Exercise, exercise, exercise! Do what you can, and don't worry that you might be the biggest person out there. You have no one to answer to except yourself.
  • kristinamc90
    Options
    1. Name -- Kristina
    2. how much weight you have lost so far -- 12 and a half lbs (though I have only weighed in 4 and a half lbs on here cos I lost some before registering here)
    3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining? 51 lbs to go.
    4. Best single piece of advice you would give people just starting out -- Just keep going, you can do it.
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    1. Luke
    2. 64 lbs lost
    3. about 11...ish left to go
    4. Dont tell yourself that you cannot eat some foods anymore. Ive learned that you can eat any of your favorite foods and STILL lose weight! You NEED to learn to eat those foods in smaller amounts and less frequent. I mean common... most of the time when your craving that chocolate cake you love... 2 bites in, its usualy sooo rich that your already satisfied! Moderation is critical. If you cant learn to control and limit the foods you love, then youll always be a slave to them. Whether your on a "diet" refraining from the food all together, then regaining it when you come off the diet and splurge on the food. Or you learn to limit the food and you can continue to enjoy it without letting it become a problem.
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm Whitney
    lost 24lbs
    want to lose another 20
    Getting past the first week or two of exercise is the hardest. Don't get discouraged, keep going it will get easier and you will actually start to enjoy working out!
  • witchieboo
    witchieboo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    1. Sheila
    2. 35
    3. 75
  • beautifulmess87
    beautifulmess87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    1. Curestin
    2. 45 lbs from highest, 36.2 from start of mfp.
    3. 23.8-53.8 i havent decided quite yet what i want to weigh. it really depends on how my body looks once i hit the original goal.
    4. vending machines are evil. water weight is terrible. eat lots of fruits and veggies
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    1. Name -- 120weeks
    2. As of 2/8, I've lost 52 pounds. I don't weigh-in again until 4/30. I don't know what I weigh now.
    3. I will lose another 50 pounds but I don't have a goal weight in mind.

4. To newcomers, "Perserverance, Patience, Positivity".

And my general comment is why does everyone want to focus on what a person loses? Why aren't we as interested in what we gain? As people, we should build ourselves up. We should create better versions of ourselves. Not focus on lessening our imprint on the earth.
  • AuntShanna
    AuntShanna Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Kathy, I read your reply, I have been "fighting the battle" for months with NO results, much like you. I Finally got a doctor, dietician, nutritionist team to listen... bloodwork showed i was insulin resistent, but only borderline. I was put on a minimum dose of Metformin until I can reach 30 lbs lost... and I am losing finally. It's SO slow, but it's happening. I know how frustrating putting the work in and not seeing any results can be... just thought I'd put that out there in case you want to chat with the doc about it, maybe it's the problem, maybe you already talked about it. Hope it can help, either way.
  • Ashley578
    Ashley578 Posts: 56
    Options
    1. Ashley
    2. 25 lbs so far
    3. 88 more to go
    4. Stop making excuses, get up and MOVE!
  • niekkosgirl
    niekkosgirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    1. niekkosgirl
    2. I've lost 31, since I started working at it, after baby #2.
    3. Still want to lose 37 lbs; I am chopping that into 10 lb increments, though, since I haven't been to the 150s in over 5 years (before kids)... Feels good to be there, now! :)
    4. Best Advice:
    a. If you KNOW you can't control yourself with certain things in the house (chips, ice cream, etc) keep it OUT of the house. You can eat limited quantities, out of the house, or in individualized portions.
    b. Make moving routine. If you can only tolerate 30 minutes on the elliptical at first, just do that. But keep going to the gym and getting on that machine, multiple times a week, until it's just routine to go. When you feel more comfortable, up your time and resistance. Don't hurt yourself at first, or you won't go back.
    c. Pre-plan and prep your food on days you know you'll have a hard time finding things to eat on the run. I always feel more in control that way.

:)
  • AuntShanna
    AuntShanna Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    MFP Alias= name: AuntShanna

Total Lost: 11lbs ... after months of struggling!

Total to lose: another 40 lbs to a healthy BMI... I'm a shorty at 5'1"

Motivation: Remembering what it felt like to be proud of myself and body confident. ( A LONG TIME AGO)

My personal struggle: After struggling for years and months, watching others succeed despite all my hard work... I found a doctor, nutritionist, trainer team who listened. Finally, someone who listened and didnt look at me like a "fat person who was unwilling to put the work in" ... MFP made this happen, I logged everything, printed out 3 months of logs and brought it all with me to my appt.... they where blown away at how well I ate (Kale chips... really!), how little I ate (1100 caloris/day), and how much exersice I was doing (minimum weekly 5K)... and NOT losing... not a single pound in 4 months. Also a medical weightloss program through my doctors office for insulin resistence... and it's working- SLOWLY- But working. I FINALLY FOUND SOMEONE WHO LISTENED!... THank you MFP. :)
  • ameliadlt
    ameliadlt Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    1. Amelia
    2. 70 lbs lost so far
    3. 70ish more to go (I never started with a goal)
    4. Routine!!! Routinely prepare healthy foods, routinely exercise, and routinely say no thank you to treats. Its easier to maintain momentum than to start it up.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    1. Katie

2. 68 pounds

3. 41 pounds till I reach my goal

4. routine= The Maker's diet, working out 5-6 days a week, no stress on counting calories

I am actually putting me back on this wednesday to get me to the finish.
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    1. LIz
    2. ive only lost 2lbs since march 1st and being back on track
    3. i currently weigh 174, would like to ultimatly be at around 140-145. setting small monthy goals though, right now its 167 by April 1st.
    4. DO NOT COMPLETELY GIVE UP! When you fall off track, dont just give your self another day, that will become a week, that week will become a month, before you know it your back a year later like WTF?!?!? Thats where im at now, you wont be happy when you get down to 148lbs to gain it all back a year later!
  • janetsalley
    janetsalley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    1. Janet
    2. I've lost 5lbs so far and I want to lose 7 more
    3.I weigh 177lbs...want to reach 170lbs...want to get this finished by the end of April
    4. For those of you just starting out...my advice is to give up the soft drinks, you will be able to eat more calories instead of
    using them all with soft drinks. Another thing is, if you fall off the wagon, keep logging, get back on and restart, soon
    watching what you eat will become a way of life...oh last but not least....CHEAT at least once a week...lol good luck
  • benum21121
    benum21121 Posts: 200
    Options
    1) I'm Ben
    2) From my biggest, I've lost 68 pounds.
    3) I would like to lose an additional 60ish pounds.
    4) Best single piece of advice for a beginner? Portions. Learn your portions. I used to eat 3-4 times what I needed to eat. Not anymore!! :)
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Tara
    2. How much weight you have lost so far: 33 lbs since November 2011, should have been more.. but I've had my fair share of slip ups.
    3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining? Want to lose 5-7 more lbs, then maintain.

4. Best single piece of advice you would give people just starting out: No matter how bad you get off track, no matter how much you feel like you can't do it.. the most important thing is to keep on going.. fake it until you make it. Don't let one slip up or even 5+ slip ups interfere with your progress. You have two options, you can either give up and give in, gain all weight back and let this fight be for nothing and feel even worse.. OR you can do something about it and put yourself in reverse, back on track and continue forward. Never dwell on what has happened, bad decisions, etc. There's nothing you can do to change the past.. but you can have control over what happens in the days to come! :) (I've recently hit this wall and gave myself these two options.)
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Name: Pen
    How much so far: 112lbs
    How much to go: 18lbs
    Best advice: Live now how you wish to live then (don't diet, change your lifestyle); you are MORE than some arbitrary number on the scale- don't let it own you.
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    1. lbkveg
    2. 11 (at 201)
    3. Still losing headed for 122
    4. Take your measurements and remeasure yourself once a month. I must have the world's slowest metabolism. I've been at this since July and have gone from 212 to 201. However, I have gone from busting out of size 18 to size 14. So the exercise and eating right is working, the scale just isn't moving. But that's okay, someday it will catch up with me.
  • MallyPie
    MallyPie Posts: 81
    Options
    1. Mallory
    2. I've lost 22lbs since April 2012.
    3. I have about 8-10lbs left to lose. However, I've been toning throughout my journey so I feel great.
    4. Don't waste your time on the fad diets and meal plans. Eat REAL foods, eat HEALTHY foods!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!