Is it wrong for me to go out with someone younger?

Options
12346»

Replies

• eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Doesn't/shouldn't matter for the most part... I think a 20 yr age difference is the biggest I would ever go.

The last woman I dated was 12 years my senior. We never had an issue and had a great relationship. It's a shame I moved out of her area...
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with it.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter to me who you date...

... but FYI older chicks know "stuff".

Chicks in their 30's know stuff. By then they tried it all. :glasses:
  • stratusofkiser
    stratusofkiser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it as long as you have things in common
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    It's not that I wouldn't go out with someone my age, where I live it's just hard to find. When I lived in Calif. it was no problem, it's just so limited here. So, don't go making assumptions that I wouldn't date my own age.

It was the way you phrased you initial post...you said you find it hard to date women your age because you want someone like you with your energy, etc...that's how it read. Not that you want someone like you...however, you have a hard time finding that in single women your age. Big difference.
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Honestly, age does not always have anything to do with maturity.
    You have to date someone that mentally and physically is a good match.
    I wouldn't say it's bad unless you were that age and trying to date jail bait, you know?
    I think your reasons are honest and realistic and I hope you find what you are looking for!
  • shannonalgren
    Options
    age make no difference as long as the person is of legal age
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I'm 48, in very good shape and I find it hard to go out with women my own age. I want to be with someone who is like me, they need to have energy, athletic and in shape. I know this sounds bad, but I keep on dropping the age limit to find someone compatible, I've dropped it down to 30 now (that is as low as I will go). So, should I feel bad about this?

oh hey, OP, i'm turning 30 in may ;)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Where the heck were you when I was 30! I think it's perfectly fine. As it stands I ended up with a much younger husband. We "go", though so it's fine.

Go=fashion term. it doesn't have to match as long as it "goes" together.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    My pet hate is being patronised, so if I was with an older man, that would be my main concern.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    My pet hate is being patronised, so if I was with an older man, that would be my main concern.

when i was 25, i dated a 46 year old. not because i wanted to date 21 years my senior, and not because i had daddy issues, but because we connected. however, he was twice divorced, a dad, and WAY into his career. and the fact that i was still such a young'n, and very much so comparatively speaking, seemed to come between us. HOWEVER, my most recent ex was 14 years older than me and we got along like peas and carrots, as forrest gump would say. i've dated younger too--but guys younger than me are, as a general rule, more immature--and i prefer a seasoned look anyway. i'll be 30 in may. i'm going to go with compatibility when looking for a partner in crime, but i would like someone who can start a family with me (one day). that can be a wide range of ages....
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Kinda in the same boat OP as I am 43. My children's mom & I split almost a year ago and I decided not to date anyone for at least a year as I was taking care of them full time and wanted to focus on them exclusively. Year is up and I'm looking to take it REALLY slow and it seems like the younger ladies (late 20s-early 30s) are the only ones available. I definitely don't want to deal with someone that may have daddy issues either. Maybe its just my area, but I notice all the ladies closer to my age are taken and/or just want to have a physical thing behind there man's back. Not my cup of tea to drink.

Hope you find what you are looking for...
  • JessikaBlayne
    JessikaBlayne Posts: 1,457
    Options
    nope
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I say go with what suits your heart.

Or lower
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    But I see wut ur doing thar.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    When I was single, I only considered older guys. You wouldn't be too old for me,34, but oddly enough I have a single friend who is 37 and she wouldn't date a guy your age. I like my men fully grown and the majority of you don't get even close to that until you are in your 40s.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options
    But I see wut ur doing thar.

LOL :laugh: