I approached my gym crush .....

Options

Replies

• chanelery13
    Options
    Just wait till he gets on the bench press and then straddle him... Problem solved

hahaha!!
  • Haylz_ish
    Haylz_ish Posts: 80
    Options
    I need to know what happens next!
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Leave the guy alone, he is probably not interested and/or not single.

If he didn't start a conversation after your last encounter (didn't even introduce himself) then he just wants to be left alone.
  • MaretL
    MaretL Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    it just so happens that in my history of relationships, the ones that started with me going up to them set the tone of me being the dominant figure in the relationship which is not what i want. the ones that had the balls to come up to me first made a much more a significant mark in my relationships and seemed to value me more. but this is all personal preference and experience.
    If he didn't start a conversation after your last encounter (didn't even introduce himself) then he just wants to be left alone.

Agree with these opinions. Someone said that next time he's asking to use the equipment next to you to introduce yourself seems the most reasonable one because imagine now if he is NOT shy, just not interested... don't know about you but I'd find it quite difficult to continue in the same gym at the same time with him if I'd approached him too obviously and he's not interested.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Usually, if it's a match, you hit it off immediately. Both my husband and I are on the shy side, but the second we met it was instant chemistry and a feeling of comfort and security with each other. I think if there was awkwardness or ambivalence, it probably isn't a match. But who knows? Although it hardly ever happens, I could be wrong this time. :wink:

True, I was the one that was nervous. He did talked to me and he was smiling too...he seem collective. ....

Will you be assimilated?
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I actually gave my crush my number written on a piece of paper. He was a bus driver while I was in London and happened to be the same driver every morning for a week. I thought he was cute so wrote:
    I like your smile, if your a) not attached b) not an axe wielding murderer and c) interested, call me on ..... so we can get together for a coffee.
    I was so nervous I literally threw it at him as I was jumping off the bus and an hour later he called me, we ended up going out for many years and moving to NZ - sadly it didn't work out but it's a great story!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    You caught him checking you out. Love that. Cute story. Ask him random questions about his workout or for advice. Make him talk! Hope there are steamy developments for you!

^^This^^

Fellas, don't you love to give us gals advice??
    Feeds the old ego, right?:bigsmile:
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have a brilliant idea, but I'm old fashioned (or maybe just old). Be an actual adult and go talk to him. We aint in high school no more.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I have a brilliant idea, but I'm old fashioned (or maybe just old). Be an actual adult and go talk to him. We aint in high school no more.

Shut up!
    No way... :noway:
    Does that work?:wink:
  • smitty24
    smitty24 Posts: 63
    Options

What a brilliant idea. ... OP? It may be awkward at first but it will knock down a few apprehensive barriers.

Just make sure he hasn't got the earphones in ..lol.

(I can't stand having spoken to someone in the gym to then find they have earphones in. Awkward).
  • Boomshakalaka01
    Boomshakalaka01 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Use a bad pick up line, or just make him laugh some other way... it'll keep his attention and give an excuse to say something himself.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You know what the number one most successful pickup line ever used is?
    Hi, my name is ___________________. What's yours?
  • esmeralda44
    esmeralda44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I actually gave my crush my number written on a piece of paper. He was a bus driver while I was in London and happened to be the same driver every morning for a week. I thought he was cute so wrote:
    I like your smile, if your a) not attached b) not an axe wielding murderer and c) interested, call me on ..... so we can get together for a coffee.
    I was so nervous I literally threw it at him as I was jumping off the bus and an hour later he called me, we ended up going out for many years and moving to NZ - sadly it didn't work out but it's a great story!

Cute story!!! :laugh:
  • esmeralda44
    esmeralda44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

I did talk to him...
  • babyskunkles
    babyskunkles Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Leave the guy alone, he is probably not interested and/or not single.

Finally, someone I agree with. That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Anything more than what you have already done will seem desperate. I'm not saying that to be mean, it's just true. I hope HE comes and talks to YOU. Good Luck!
  • dave033811
    Options
    just give him your number on a piece of paper... us guys get tired of doing all the work all the time. its a win win situation... if he doesn't call/text you, then he's not interested in you, straight up
  • Talleifer
    Talleifer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Aw cute story! But .. eh! Don't over-think it. You're doing exactly I would do... over-thinking everything!! We're such girls.. :( haaha

I always over-think things, does that mean I'm a girl too? I'm not sure if I'm shy or not. I have some social anxiety, but I'll talk to people too. I wouldn't ever approach a girl I liked in a gym though. I'd also do my best to notice them without them noticing me. If a girl came up to me like you did I would smile and be polite and help you too, but my own head would over analyze and I would be too preoccupied in my own thoughts and think that you just wanted help and/or were being friendly, not that you liked me. Then I would feel embarrassed for thinking that you might like me. I also don't really give off a lot of emotion or body language, so people never know how I'm reacting.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    As a flirting pro, I say this with confidence. You did not misread the signs because there were no signs.

If you want to make signs, you can do that. So far, no signs.
  • Talleifer
    Talleifer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Also, the gym is a very busy place sometimes. I know I have my "favorite" machines. Or I like to do a series of machines after other ones, and you may just happen to be there. I may ask to work in or use the machine next to you to make sure you aren't using it, proper gym etiquette and all. It doesn't have anything to do with how I feel about you. I would react the same way if you were a dude. So, ya, it's not really a signal. Also worth noting, guys will check out any girl that walks past him with a decent shape. It's just nature.