June 2010 - No more snacking after dinner

Options

Replies

• Julem22
    Julem22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sorry for another post but elizholmes I did it, even though I wanted to snack I just toughed it out. You can do it too, and maybe it will get easier with time! Hangin there
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    7 me/snacks 2

juledes - you are beating this challenge. Hopefully eventually the habit will change.

rosemary - sounds like you are busy. That would make me snack at night alone. You are doing awesome!

dewdrop - Definitely count it. The not healthy part of dinner, well, that's a different challenge all its own :wink: But as the title says "no more snacking AFTER dinner", so you totally rocked the challenge. Great job.
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    Me 9 vs The Snacks 0
    Thanks, Lula

Juledes - you are beating the Snacks :flowerforyou:
  • nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well1

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I used to not eat my excercise calories. Now that I do, I find it much easier to control my snacking. That might just be me though.

So far snacks haven;t gotten the best of me once.

Nikki:9 Snacks:0
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone's doing so great this month! Well done, ladies! :flowerforyou:.
    nikkieliivey, I am also in favor of eating the exercise calories.

I have been a bit puzzled about the points again, but I'll split them with the snacks this time :smile::
    Dew: 8 - Late snacks: 2
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    8 me/2 snacks

I'm going to take the points for this one even though it was past my cut-off time. We ate dinner late, but then walked to a frozen yogurt shop and I didn't get anything which means I didn't snack AFTER dinner, and it was two hours before I went to bed.

Tonight is "date night". Means another late night.
  • rosemary10
    Options
    The Snacks beat me up last night :sad: The mean little guys! Was at work of course, had sourdough pretzel bits that someone brought a bag of to share. (Salty things are so hard to pass up) So I broke my rule of "don't eat other food until the good stuff I bring is gone". And when I got home had Chips and Salsa, right before bed. Two rules broken. :noway: Was starvin for some reason; have been much more hungry lately. Tonight WILL be better :wink:

Me 9 / Snacks 1

:heart: to all!!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Rosemary - I don't know how you do it, working such crazy hours and not snacking. I think you are doing great. We will attack those little guys together. :mad: I think together we can probably take them. If not, I know a guy who knows a guy...

Dew - I honestly sometimes think you are too hard on yourself. You are my inspiration to keep on the right track. Thanks for keeping it up.

nikkieliivey - I agree with eating enough calories. That way I don't binge. You're doing great!.

8 me/3 snacks

I'm going to give it to "snacks" last night as I ended up having TWO dinners. After dinner of mussles and salad, I realized I was seriously lacking some carbs and my body felt like i was melting down. Of course, I ended up having pancakes (so yummy), and then fell immediately asleep (which is what I should have just done anyway). So back on track today.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Rosemary - I don't know how you do it, working such crazy hours and not snacking. I think you are doing great. We will attack those little guys together. :mad: I think together we can probably take them. If not, I know a guy who knows a guy...

:laugh: (rofl, actually :laugh: ) On a serious note, I totally second that - Rosemary is doing a great job! I hardly ever see her give in to those little buggers (the snacks friendly coworkers bring in). Not to mention how good it is to always have here with a good advice.
    Dew - I honestly sometimes think you are too hard on yourself. You are my inspiration to keep on the right track. Thanks for keeping it up.

Ha, look who's talking :glasses: - I always think of you as the "all or nothing" girl (but only when it comes to you) and remember how hard you were on yourself when you joined us. You know, I always feel a bit bad when I make disclaimers about what happened on a not-so-perfect night, because I'm worried I'll set a bad example :blushing: . Funny how you address just now this worry of mine :flowerforyou: .

So... last night I came back late with a (literally) growling tummy, so I had a healthy and light dinner, still within my calories (although I went over on carbs and I so hate that), and for this reason, snacks won't get my point: :noway: , baby, :smokin:

Dew: 9 - Late snacks: 2
  • Яaquel
    Яaquel Posts: 90
    Options
    I am in =D
  • nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Rosemary- I too am so inspired by you! I can only imagine. All my friends bring junk with them wherever they go and it took me a long time to learn to say no.

I almost broke down yesterday. My mind was tricking me. I was like "hmmmm I need a drink of water", when I knew I was not even thirsty, and if I was there are water bottles in the garage. Luckily I caught myself, knowing that once I even got in that kitchen and opened the fridge to find some lemon ( i am an avid fan of lemon water) snacking hell would have broke lose. Instead I took a detour, went to the computer, and read about everyones progress.

Nikki:11 Snacks: 0
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group. This is my BIGGEST problem. I usually save calories for a snack at night, but I am finding that this is a trigger and it may be best to cut off eating after dinner.

I am the same way! I would save calories just in case of a midnight binge and end up going way over because of that. I think I was setting myself up.

So, just found this thread. I would LOVE to join.

NO EATING AFTER 9PM.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Welcome, blondageh and Raquel :flowerforyou:
    nikkieliivey, the thought of reporting here the next day sure helps at night, doesn't it :wink:. Well done! :flowerforyou:

My update: Dew: 10 - Late snacks: 2
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Where to start - Fri I did good, or so I thought. I actually entered what I was going to eat before I ate it and thought I had eaten all my good food first . Then got some things from the snack box at work and didn't realize that I hadn't actually eaten all my good food first. So I have to give it to the snacks for Fri night after all. Sat night was good (was home), even though I went way over on my cal from the little thieving snacks early in the am (3:30 am was at work). :embarassed:

Thanks everybody for all the encouragement! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Yeah, Lulabelle, call that guy....... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Welcome Blondageh and Raquel :drinker:

I agree Nikkie with eating the exercise calories. In fact that is why I exercise -so I can eat more! Was going to walk more last night but the tornado/severe weather sirens were going off last evening so thought maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea to walk off. :noway:

Oh yeah Me 10 /Snacks 2
  • sammsamm17
    Options
    I am a little late at joining but count me in.. Midnight snacking has been my biggest down fall especially when I KNOW I have extra calories Ill sneak in the kitchen for some strawberry milk or chips sometimes even both!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    I'm going to say 10 me/3 snacks.

On Saturday my husband made a very light meal. The only problem was, my whole day had been "light", so I got up from the table and had 2 tbsp of peanut butter, but I included that in my dinner. Then I made my family walk through miles to get THEIR ice creams, but didn't get anything for me. A huge success in my world.

Last night, done by 7:37, which is close enough for me.

On to another successful week...
  • rosemary10
    Options
    I'm going to say 10 me/3 snacks.

On Saturday my husband made a very light meal. The only problem was, my whole day had been "light", so I got up from the table and had 2 tbsp of peanut butter, but I included that in my dinner. Then I made my family walk through miles to get THEIR ice creams, but didn't get anything for me. A huge success in my world.

Last night, done by 7:37, which is close enough for me.

On to another successful week...

Bingo! Great job. :flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Making a new rule for the remaining of June (we're almost half way through :drinker:): no snacks after dinner, no dinner later than 2 hrs before bed. Unless I go overboard with calories, this will give me the points. 8 o'clock would only make sense if I ate properly then. Which isn't always possible. So, for last night: Dew: 11 - Late snacks: 2.
  • Julem22
    Options
    Hi Everyone, back from the weekend..and I indulged just a little too much, I will be tackling that after I tackle no snacking after dinner. For me I have has success 13 out of 14 days this month! How do you guys manage the weekends with cookouts, relaxing with friends..it is soooo hard, for another thread I guess.

Hope everyone has much success this week with no snacking after dinner, it is very hard but when I am in my "danger zone" I just keep thinking I don't NEED the snack and one minute at a time!!! :happy:
  • Julem22
    Options
    Had some watermelon I was cutting up after dinner but it was within my calories so I am counting tonight as a success. Just brushed my teeth,baby asleep and I am ready to relax with some TV!! Hope you are all having a successful night!!!:smile: