Size 0

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If they decide to standardize the sizes and there will be no more size 00 and 0, and those get bumped up to size 2 and 4, it's not the people wearing size 00 or 0 that will have a problem with that (other than initial confusion and trying to understand the change and whether or not we gained weight), it's going to be people in the sizes above that with an issue about suddenly needing to go up to a larger size. I would have been fine about being a size 2 or 4 (as long as it fits me and is not too big).
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I knew before clicking this that the OP would list her age as "18"

guessing 15 or 16 instead.

I agree. 14-16 most likely.
    The "lose it for you" is a very high school mentality of "if I lose weight he will like me".
    Eating 300 a day to fit a size 0 for him is just ...... -_-

First thing I thought also, it sounds like she already has issues with food and this is a way to get tips to lose fast. She says she doesn't want to be a size zero but wants to affirm that starving is the way to get to it.

Trying to get to a number like that is difficult because sizes are so different you just eat well and exercise and lose until you are at a shape bf% that works best, the numbers are just a general goal to shoot for.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    My ex mother in law.

Drinks beer like water
    Eats anything and everything fried
    Cooks with Butter flavored Crisco
    Is like 55 years old

And wears juniors or size 0 pants.

Annnnddd.... I wonder why I have such a complex of hatred for skinny people sometimes.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Nah, I'm a size 0 and have been since I was 15 (aside from pregnancies and losing baby weight)...before that I was in children's clothes (size 12-14). I'm just very petite.

But I do eat normal and healthy (1600-2000 calories a day), and lift weights like a champ. I strive for fitness and health not a size or a certain weight.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    My cousins are that small- one is a 0, her sister is a 00 and they never starve themselves. On top of having a small frame (they're both full Asian, 00 is 5'0, 0 is 5'4) they just eat very healthily. They don't starve themselves but they also don't eat junk-- I don't think they're had ice cream since they were little and they don't really ever eat fast food. They are very health conscience because they're mom is a nurse and always encouraged healthy living. The size 0 never drinks soda because they give her ulcers. They don't drink alcohol either. The one that's a 00 is also super active-- likes to hike, dance, and hit the gym. They eat actual Asian food, which is very healthy. Once I got back to cooking the way my parents did, I've had no problem dropping weight (though I'll probably never be a 0 as I like my junk food).
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Nah, I'm a size 0 and have been since I was 15 (aside from pregnancies and losing baby weight)...before that I was in children's clothes (size 12-14). I'm just very petite.

But I do eat normal and healthy (1600-2000 calories a day), and lift weights like a champ. I strive for fitness and health not a size or a certain weight.

^^^ THIS.
  • sardesc
    sardesc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What a strange thread. I gained weight with pregnancies in the past, but I did and now fit into a size 0, depending on the retailer's vanity sizing. I net 1500 calories a day and I'm 5' tall. My BMI is 22. Who cares what size someone else is? My only concern is if vanity sizing increases any more, I'll be shopping in the little girls' section. I can't buy anything at Old Navy or Sears.
  • sherrymccall
    sherrymccall Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Okay so how do people really get to size 0 do they have to eat like a bird like 300 calories, How do people really get that small, I know i will never be that small i mean i could never imagine being a size 0 nor do i want to, so , How do people get that small do they eat more or less, do they starve do they do this that what?

I'm a size 00 or 0 depending on the brand. I don't starve myself and diary is open to prove it. I love being this small. Don't look down on people for being small. It's kinda ride to day stuff like "do they starve themselves?"
  • sherrymccall
    sherrymccall Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Okay so how do people really get to size 0 do they have to eat like a bird like 300 calories, How do people really get that small, I know i will never be that small i mean i could never imagine being a size 0 nor do i want to, so , How do people get that small do they eat more or less, do they starve do they do this that what?

Oh and I don't have a super high metabolism where I can eat whatever I want and never gain weigh either.
  • folieeadeuxx
    folieeadeuxx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My skeleton won't even fit into a size 0....
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I can fit in a size 0 and I eat 3,000+ calories a day.
    Shorts*, my thighs wouldn't fit through jeans lol
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Some people have small frames & it just happens when they get low enough in body fat %.
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 0 (or 00) in J Crew clothes which are total freaky vanity sizes; normally size 2 or 4 in urban outfitters, h & m etc.
    sometimes XS, usually S. I'm 5 4, 107-110, and I have really narrow hips, like a weasel/boy. also I work out and since i have lost weight from being at 130 or so, my body fat is really low. I'm also really small-boned. I think narrow hips/small chest make that totally a possibiilty for a wide range of weights/heights. One thing with me is I have a wide rib cage so I'll never have a tiny waist, so that makes some tiny sizes not fit me.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 0 (or 00) in J Crew clothes which are total freaky vanity sizes; normally size 2 or 4 in urban outfitters, h & m etc.
    sometimes XS, usually S. I'm 5 4, 107-110, and I have really narrow hips, like a weasel/boy. also I work out and since i have lost weight from being at 130 or so, my body fat is really low. I'm also really small-boned. I think narrow hips/small chest make that totally a possibiilty for a wide range of weights/heights. One thing with me is I have a wide rib cage so I'll never have a tiny waist, so that makes some tiny sizes not fit me.

Yes, they are totally freaky vanity sizes. I am a size 00, and it was crazy when I went into J.Crew, a store that advertised as having size 00, and everything was too big for me (including 00). I have a some curves and booty, but a small frame (small rib cage and waist) and I am short with overall a very small bone structure (always been that way).
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and size 0. I seem to eat and eat and eat. But I try to make smart food choices, only drink water and exercise is just as much a part of my life as brushing my teeth, I don't force myself to workout, I just do fun things which happen to burn calories. Bonus :)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Topics like this thread help make my point that women clothing sizes make no sense. And vanity sizes can be blamed for part of the obesity epidemic the US suffers from.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Modern size 0 clothing, depending on brand and style, fits measurements of chest-stomach-hips from 30-22-32 inches (76-56-81 cm) to 33-25-35 inches (84-64-89 cm).

Wikipedia

When I was a teenager a UK size 10 (US size 6?) was a 24" waist, so I find the fuss about size 0 rather mystifying. Even the lower end of the range must have been a UK 8 in my childhood. Neither size was considered unhealthily thin back then.
  • bbg67
    bbg67 Posts: 4
    Options
    If you're really short then it's totally possible. I was always overweight and this is the smallest I've ever been. I'm not skinny but I fit into a size 00-3 depending on the brand. I think a lot of it has to do with vanity sizing too. I wish women's clothing was labeled with inches instead.

This comment really worries me. Even with Vanity sizing, a 00-3 is considered 'skinny' on pretty much all accounts. I truly hope you see yourself the way you are - fit and thin. Saying you aren't skinny, while wearing a 00, makes me worried. I believe the largest waist size for 00, even with Vanity sizing, is 24 inches. I don't know about you, but 24 inches seems pretty skinny to me.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    the answer is very simple:

if you have a small frame, then chances are you'll be a size zero or even double zero, and be totally healthy

if you have a medium frame, well maybe at very low body fat percentages, or maybe with vanity sizing, but whatever you do, don't stress about it, you'll look just as good at the size that's right for you

if you have a large frame, then maybe if you die and after your flesh rots away, someone will be able to cram your skeletal remains into a size zero outfit, but they might have to flatten your rib cage and squash your shoulders up a bit in order to do so. (or alternatively just understand that you'll look just as good at a low body fat percentage as anyone else, and what actual size clothes you wear don't matter)
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 0 and you can check out my diary to see how I reached there. I'm rather muscular though so in clothes people may mistake my weight by going 10 pounds under... lol