Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Day 5... Done!!! :happy:
  • torimarsh
    torimarsh Posts: 14
    Options
    I started last Wednesday and did day one and two. Then the weekend hit. So did not do much for 3 days. :noway:

But I did do personal training today. And my trainer kicked my butt!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: But I did do real push-ups today. I did 4 the first time and 5 the second. That is a major accomplishment. Just wanted to share my excitement.

So I will do the Shred tomorrow for day 3. :smile:
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    I know I should Shred today, but I just got back not that long ago from an 8 mi bike ride. In which I pulled the trailer and my 32 lb preschooler. My tush hurts! Maybe later.....
  • torimarsh
    Options
    Wow that sounds like a great workout!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options

It was! Not sure I can do it again until I get some padded bike shorts (per a friend's rec) or something. I estimated it to be about 692 calories in 60 mins.
  • skywalker
    Options

It was! Not sure I can do it again until I get some padded bike shorts (per a friend's rec) or something. I estimated it to be about 692 calories in 60 mins.

I got in a short ride today too after I shredded. The bike shorts definitely help. Make sure you buy women's though. The padding is shaped differently for men and women. Also, if you start getting serious, think about investing in a women's specific seat. It'll cost a bit, but well worth it on those long rides. :tongue:
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    L1D9, shredded. I wasn't sure I was going to make it through tonight. I'm beat! And I still have way too many calories leftover. :ohwell:
  • torimarsh
    Options
    L1D9, shredded. I wasn't sure I was going to make it through tonight. I'm beat! And I still have way too many calories leftover. :ohwell:

Great job! Way to go for going ahead and doing it!!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D2. I AM Sore!! I'm starting with real push-ups and lady ones when those get to hard. This week-end I will be in a hotel but I figure to do some squats, push-up and ab work just so i don't feel like I'm starting all over again! If all the muscles that hurt shape up I'm going to be lookin' good! :laugh: :laugh:
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Ok Shredders I'm jumping on the band wagon! I have done the Shred before but not daily. It has helped me loss the weight I have lost since January. I also attend a local boot camp on Tuesday/Thursday so on those days I wasn't using the DVD.

All that to say I'm IN! I want to see at least another 3-4 lbs gone and then maintain that!!!
  • csydavis
    csydavis Posts: 3
    Options
    I just started level 2 last night, and about to do it again. IT IS A WHOLE OTHER BEAST compared to level 1. It is sooo tough!! I love it, but it will take a little while to get through all of it without stopping.

I ran two miles right before, would it better to maybe do it afterwards? I just feel that I'm not losing enough calories just doing the shred. I calculated that I was only losing 196 calories / 20 min.

1285621.png
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    L1/Day 4
    Goal 3X week (Treadmill 4X week)

I must say that I was better at getting up and down faster today than last week. For an old gal...not too shabby! Ha!:laugh:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Nice work, ladies!:drinker: Welcome, to all the new faces. I love checking in and finding that our group keeps growing
    Took a break from the Shred today in favor of a bike ride.
    Fab, great job!! Who's the old gal? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I'll be Shredding tomorrow. See you all then :happy:
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    I had all intentions of Shredding today and just ran out of time. I did a lot of cleaning around home, but I don't count that in my exercise. Back at it tomorrow!
  • cpenn1980
    cpenn1980 Posts: 22
    Options
    Uggh..unintentional rest day yesterday...and today. Things are crazy as we are about to move next week but I need to make the time to work out. At least I was constantly moving, lifting and cleaning but I need to get back on track!
  • skywalker
    Options
    Uggh..unintentional rest day yesterday...and today. Things are crazy as we are about to move next week but I need to make the time to work out. At least I was constantly moving, lifting and cleaning but I need to get back on track!

I was in the same boat about a month ago. Man I hate moving. :grumble:
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Back in the saddle again. :smile: L1D10 Shredded! That means tomorrow I'm moving on to L2. Eeeek! Taking my kids to the zoo tomorrow so I hope I'm not too wiped out when I get home tomorrow night. All the walking we'll be doing ought to burn something though. Wish I had a HRM now.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Unintentional skip already yesterday. I was so sore I put it off until the afternoon and then well, you know, one thing leads to the other and then before I know it, I'm sitting on the back deck after tacos and a second glass of wine. :grumble: Today - another story! Up at 5:30 and ready to roll. UURRK! (Brakes sound) Kids used the DVD and I have no idea how to get it to communicate with the Mom! :angry: :angry: So 30 minutes of elliptical sufficed until the techno-kids got up and helped their tecno-tard mom! Breakfast done and now on to L1D3. Oh the trials and travails of the woman who has decided to take care of herself!
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Okay, I know I'm a bit late on this but I just got mine in the mail today!! Are you guys doing this everyday or every other day? I'm starting tomorrow and I didn't know if I should do it every day or if its just personal preference..
  • skywalker
    Options
    Welcome, erileah!! :happy: Just go at your own pace and listen to your body. Let's all just get healthier at our own paces and without injuries. :smile: