Drama & Naysayers

Options

Replies

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

Summing it up it is just a bunch of jealous women attacking each other on a forum.

I didn't see anyone attacking anyone else. All I saw were some people offering up alternative suggestions.

Agreed.

Was it jealousy or just someone being a miserable f*ckwit because he/she is an unhappy person? My guess is the latter. But I won't get into an argument over semantics on the forums. This is just my opinion, I am not calling anyone names, attacking, or insulting anyone. Clear? Okay.:smile:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    There's a bike path where I used to roller blade regularly (I need new ones, so haven't been in a while) and some of the bikers were kind of rude and weirdly territorial. Other than that, nothing of that nature has ever happened to me.

I had a similar experience, only it's a bike/running trail. There's pavement to run on, but they made a bunch of cut throughs in the woods for bikes. The first few times I went out there I got scowled at, and one guy almost ran me over. (and yes I was going with the flow of traffic and all that) After they saw me a few times they seemed to lighten up though.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Is there someway to disable my post? I'm seriously sick of all this bickering.

Don't disable. Be strong girl! They just jealous. Lol
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    Options
    listen to music when you workout, people are less likely to say anything to you if you're wearing headphones, and if they do you wont hear them. :glasses: problem solved.. oh as for the the lady bumping you off the path, i would have confronted her.

Yep. I would've confronted also. I mind my biz but if you're going to bump me and not apologize I will come at you.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    People are mean alot of the time..I was out on my bike and some college guys decided to throw their drink at me from a truck and bark like dogs...It happens..but you just keep going..

That's awful. I'm sorry that happened to you.
  • diabloben68
    Options
    What? I didn't read any responses, because I just didn't ....

But, really? This sounds like some sort of ploy for reactions to me.

I've never (in a few decades) heard of anything like this. I call Shenanigans. Seriously.

^^ This
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

I've found that A LOT of women are jealous. It doesn't make me feel good at all, I would rather receive no attention than negative attention or comments. Once again, maybe that is not your experience or your oblivious to it, but I'm sure it happens to most women that are attractive and in shape.

Shrug.

the hotter your body starts to look, the meaner the women will be. It's a shame how much looks play a role in how you are treated, but it does. Women are usually very nasty to each other. Oprah once said, she didn't want to lose all her weight, bc it would hurt her ratings bc studies show women don't like "in shape" women as much as ones who are either more like them or out of shape. Not sure of the exact quote, but that is basically what she said.

I had a pretty damned hot body most of my life. I have an hourglass figure, DDs on my chest, hair complete strangers stop me in Walmart or the line at an airport or pretty much every time I leave the house to compliment and I was never above a size 6 until I was nearly 30 years old, currently a size 8.

I have NEVER had an experience like you describe. Ever. Once or twice some random chick flirted with my BF in front of me, but never said anything nasty to me personally. I just laughed it off and thought she should count her blessings I'm not the jealous type.

I think if you're getting this kind of treatment, it's more to do with the attitude you project and maybe your own behavior than what you look like.

EDIT: I have a large circle of close female friends, most of whom are very beautiful inside and out. I guess I'm just lucky, but I haven't experienced the female nastiness I see so many women talk about. Maybe because I'm not that type of person myself, so I don't attract women like that into my life.

In reference to the bold part-- that kind of blanket statement is incredibly unfair and more than a little ludicrous. Just because you have been fortunate enough to not be subjected to the kind of cruelty that OP and others have described does not make you a better person, attitude or otherwise, and it does not mean that the people who have been picked on have bad attitudes! That is essentially the "she's asking for it with that short skirt" logic, which is preposterous. People don't 'attract' jerks to them, they encounter them unwittingly just like the rest of us. If you haven't come across many jerks in your life, you're lucky, that's all.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    nope this has never happened to me and i hear it here all the time which makes me wonder if people arent creating these situations in their own head as an easy "out".

"I cant get healthy because people are MEAN!"

So, I imagined the guys who yelled "Run, fatass, run" out their car window at me as I was doing C25K the other day? Or the guys that made cow noises at me last year? As someone who's struggled with my weight for a long time, I've had a number of bad experiences where people felt the need to make nasty comments about my body or my workout.

I wouldn't say it's common, as I live in a fairly fitness-oriented town and most people are pretty nice, but there are some serious jerks out there.

It's really awful that people have to deal with this.... but again, people are mean, or want to feel superior, and it has nothing to do with what their target looks like. They just pick on the first thing that stands out to them.

Jealousy? Not so much.

Could you show me where, in my post, I mentioned jealousy? Or where, in the post I was responding to, that jealousy was mentioned? But hey, thanks for pretending to read my post.

^Ha.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,071 Member
    Options
    In reference to the bold part-- that kind of blanket statement is incredibly unfair and more than a little ludicrous. Just because you have been fortunate enough to not be subjected to the kind of cruelty that OP and others have described does not make you a better person, attitude or otherwise, and it does not mean that the people who have been picked on have bad attitudes! That is essentially the "she's asking for it with that short skirt" logic, which is preposterous. People don't 'attract' jerks to them, they encounter them unwittingly just like the rest of us. If you haven't come across many jerks in your life, you're lucky, that's all.

Oh...really? That is so sad. I'm sorry. I haven't had that experience.

And, really - if you have - look at what you may be running through your head. Because that experience is 100% created by you.

The way your life goes is entirely in your head.

Be well.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    Options

Like I said, you attract what you put out into the world.

I don't think one person in this thread is jealous of the person who claimed that. Which makes me very much doubt that her perceptions of women in the real world are accurate.

I commented because I find it highly offensive every time I see someone spout off about how awful women are. There's that meme going around saying, "Don't try to understand women. Women understand women and they hate each other." Every time I see it, I want to fly into an angry rage. It's misogyny, plain and simple.

I love women. I have male friends, but I have far more female friends and I love them.

Sounds like you read "The Secret".

Misogyny? Lol. She didn't say all women are mean or hateful. The OP gave an example of how some women have treated her. Keep on pretending there aren't conniving women out there. Whatever their motives they're being b!+ches to her not the other way around. She was trying to understand why women are like that toward her without provocation. You want to believe she invented her story. That's misogyny.

I love that meme btw. It's funny.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Nobody says me nay. Beyond "they're just jealous", there lies "people fear my fitness". You know you're there when people are afraid to make eye contact and get the eff out of your way. Don't be jealous. You'll get there.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I too can't believe they are that mean to you...they need to get out of high school ! You're gorgeous, so maybe they are just jealous !

This is probably not the reason OP.

This is just what you might like to hear.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    There's a bike path where I used to roller blade regularly (I need new ones, so haven't been in a while) and some of the bikers were kind of rude and weirdly territorial. Other than that, nothing of that nature has ever happened to me.

I had a similar experience, only it's a bike/running trail. There's pavement to run on, but they made a bunch of cut throughs in the woods for bikes. The first few times I went out there I got scowled at, and one guy almost ran me over. (and yes I was going with the flow of traffic and all that) After they saw me a few times they seemed to lighten up though.
    Where I go is a paved path. You see walkers/runners, bikers, rollerbladers and even kids who live in houses along the path playing. Most people are very polite, but every once ina while ...

I always stay as far to the right as I can while still being on pavement. Most bikers will yell out to let you know they're there. One guy passed me full speed as close as humanly possible and almost knocked me down. There was no one coming in the other direction. I yelled at him and he claimed he yelled out and blamed my headphones for me not hearing. I was listening to NPR and had the volume pretty low. I'd never had a problem hearing anyone else. Oh, and he yelled out right in my ear as he passed.

Jerk.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I've found that A LOT of women are jealous. It doesn't make me feel good at all, I would rather receive no attention than negative attention or comments. Once again, maybe that is not your experience or your oblivious to it, but I'm sure it happens to most women that are attractive and in shape.

Shrug.

the hotter your body starts to look, the meaner the women will be. It's a shame how much looks play a role in how you are treated, but it does. Women are usually very nasty to each other. Oprah once said, she didn't want to lose all her weight, bc it would hurt her ratings bc studies show women don't like "in shape" women as much as ones who are either more like them or out of shape. Not sure of the exact quote, but that is basically what she said.

I had a pretty damned hot body most of my life. I have an hourglass figure, DDs on my chest, hair complete strangers stop me in Walmart or the line at an airport or pretty much every time I leave the house to compliment and I was never above a size 6 until I was nearly 30 years old, currently a size 8.

I have NEVER had an experience like you describe. Ever. Once or twice some random chick flirted with my BF in front of me, but never said anything nasty to me personally. I just laughed it off and thought she should count her blessings I'm not the jealous type.

I think if you're getting this kind of treatment, it's more to do with the attitude you project and maybe your own behavior than what you look like.

EDIT: I have a large circle of close female friends, most of whom are very beautiful inside and out. I guess I'm just lucky, but I haven't experienced the female nastiness I see so many women talk about. Maybe because I'm not that type of person myself, so I don't attract women like that into my life.

I think her statements in this thread speak for themselves. I stand by what I said.

To the person who thinks I'm referencing The Secret: Um, no. Just the old "birds of a feather" adage.

The misogyny statement was about the meme and the general stereotype that women are jealous, bitter, nasty creatures. The poster in question did state that in this thread and also accused everyone who disagrees with her of being nasty and jealous of her.
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Never in the UK but when I lived in Paris it was constant, never from other joggers but just walkers. One time a guy tried to run beside me (because - funny?) and slipped on ice, fell on his butt and his head smacked on a handrail. I turned around, pointed and laughed and flipped him off. Felt so good.
    It was mainly guys, actually it was never women ever.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    nope this has never happened to me and i hear it here all the time which makes me wonder if people arent creating these situations in their own head as an easy "out".

This.

That or my obvious awesomeness scares them off.
  • daphne_m
    daphne_m Posts: 84
    Options
    I find other people are incredibly polite and encouraging while I'm out exercising. If we have dogs with us they'll play while we have a quick chat, and if not it's just a smile as I plod along. Maybe it's politeness out of pity, who can say? I suppose I do exercise in a really nice park. Not sure why women would be especially horrible. I have friends who are out there doing 10k runs after work and they've met plenty of warmup/down buddies out while exercising. Some of their running friends are even my friends now and it's a fairly even gender split.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    jeeze where do you live? was it central park? lol never had any strangers say anything to me. the people i know are typically supportive. i did have one friend say that i was headed in the direction of an eating disorder (because i count calories and because she has a sister with an eating disorder) and that same friend said i was "obsessed" because i had my workouts planned out on my calendar for the month. i feel like she is just jealous doesn't want me to look better than her. everyone else has told me that i'm doing a great job and they are proud of my dedication and the changes i am making. one person referred to me as a health/fitness freak. compliment? lol
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Bumping for entertainment value...
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    jeeze where do you live? was it central park? lol never had any strangers say anything to me...

Aaw, that's cute. Have you ever been to New York City? The only people who talk to you on the street are either crazy/homeless or tourists. Either way, you should look away without acknowledging them.

Nobody talks to anybody in Central Park. Occasionally a biker will shout at you to get out of the way if you're walking too slow (again, tourists).