What's your "Don't get me started" subject?

Options

Replies

• kickers19
    kickers19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Pet nutrition. I try not to bring up the subject, or ignore when people are talking about what they feed their pet.
  • mlf032768
    Options
    One that has been a hot topic of conversation lately is the fact that the Massachusetts court systems has found in favor of allowing an imamate to have a sex change operation. A man who was found guilty of killing his wife has been granted the right for the State of Massachusetts to pay for his sex change operation. Are you bleeping kidding me. Why should I have to pay for this!!!! I would love a breast, tummy and bottom job…is the state going to pay for me??? GGGGGRRRRRR WHAT’S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!!
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    And yet, I have more to add:

The overuse of the word "like", used more often by girls than men. It begins in middle school, worsens through high school and college, then becomes a permanent affectation in the twenties. Add to this the nasally, lazy vocal fracture the 20 somethings end their sentences with, as demonstrated in the following example:

"Oh my god, I'm, like, sooooooo tirrrrreeeeddddd eh eh eh"

It is always accompanied by a bored, indifferent facial expression, a slight tilt of the head, and a sigh.

If you still aren't sure what I mean by this, spend five minutes listening to Nicki Minaj speak on American Idol.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Michael Vick because I hate him so much
    People who don't spay or neuter their pets
    Anyone who abuses or neglects animals
    Anyone who abuses or neglects children

All this. I get riled up over this.

ME TOO! I work with an agency to adopt cats/kittens out, the stories I've heard are heartbreaking!

I just couldn't imagine! Thank God there are people like you who work there. Keep up the great work!
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    People who claim to be religious, start quoting scripture, then in the other breath talk about all the evil people in the world who don't deserve to live because of their sexual orientation, color of their skin, or somehow THEIR type of Christianity is more important, more valid or more relevant than MY type of Christianity.

People who refuse to openly debate hot button topics because "you're just wrong, end of discussion", but are willing to stir the pot. DON'T open the can if you don't want the worms everywhere. AND don't expect me to drop it either because "I'm done with this". NUH HUH, YOU started it.

Welfare abuse

Child abuse

Domestic abuse

Animal abuse

Yes!! ^^^
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    absolutely anything if you're trying to tell me what to do...be it "omg how can you have 8 dogs, you need to get rid of them" down to "you need to date men your age"...or the famous "how can you eat that if you want to lose weight"...

because *kitten* you.

^go to answer for all the above.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    And yet, I have more to add:

The overuse of the word "like", used more often by girls than men. It begins in middle school, worsens through high school and college, then becomes a permanent affectation in the twenties. Add to this the nasally, lazy vocal fracture the 20 somethings end their sentences with, as demonstrated in the following example:

"Oh my god, I'm, like, sooooooo tirrrrreeeeddddd eh eh eh"

It is always accompanied by a bored, indifferent facial expression, a slight tilt of the head, and a sigh.

If you still aren't sure what I mean by this, spend five minutes listening to Nicki Minaj speak on American Idol.

UGH, that woman makes my ears bleed.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot this one:

Adults with poor grammar. You went to school for AT LEAST 12 required years. In that time, SOME BASIC grammar rules should have been taught and learned.

If we need subtitles to understand English speaking people who were born and raised in America, THAT is a problem.

THIS THIS AND THIS!!!!

My boyfriend gets so offended because I am constantly correcting his grammar. I'm sorry I cannot hold an intellectual conversation if the majority of your sentences are formed incorrectly

Im not so much a sentence person. My peeve is your, and you're omg that will set me over the edge. There are two of them people NOT one

"of" and "have"--I just don't understand how one could not know the difference. I know how it sounds when people use contractions when they speak, but seriously, as anyone with an upper elementary education should know better when writing.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Pet nutrition. I try not to bring up the subject, or ignore when people are talking about what they feed their pet.

I LOATHE seeing fat dogs/cat/animals. It's one thing if you're too lazy/busy to work out or eat right...but it's soooo easy to just give your animal the proper portions. It's always the same excuse ("he just keeps eating!" "I feel like I'm starving him with that little amount." "I can't walk him in the city."
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    My mother in law....she's such a gem.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Extended breastfeeding (I am for it). People who are uneducated on the benefits or who have never done it and want to diss it.... they drive me nuts.
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    not vaccinating your kids/ religion
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Family.
    dont even get me started on my dang family.

just dont......

=p
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Religion or any form of spirituality.
    When someone asks me why I don't believe in god - I already know where this is heading and usually give an offhand response like "I just believe in one god less than you".Anyway religious debates are pointless and I couldn't care less about anyone's choices on this one.

Of course anything related to vegetarianism: I've been vegetarian most of my life and I never, ever shove my opinions down anybody's throat. But I do experience that, especially with older people. When they realize I'm vegetarian (because I don't want to eat something meaty) they'd immediately start preaching about how you can't live without meat. I just have to nod and shut up until their speech is done.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

I LOATHE seeing fat dogs/cat/animals. It's one thing if you're too lazy/busy to work out or eat right...but it's soooo easy to just give your animal the proper portions. It's always the same excuse ("he just keeps eating!" "I feel like I'm starving him with that little amount." "I can't walk him in the city."

oh yea dont even get me started on this!!
    ok wait just did..
    my good friend has a cat she has created a monster out of. she gives him tuna every day on top of its usual hard and soft food and it weighs 22 pounds. I feel so sorry for it!!! Thats too fat! my cat weighs a measley 7 pounds at most and she's a big cat, like she's not a petite like cat.......
    the sad part is my friend who has battled weight her whole life has been losing like crazy (down 100 lbs) but she thinks its okay for her cat to be super fat?
    uh, okay, oxy moron.
  • 50lbs209days
    Options
    How amazingly connected and thoughtful all the songs of The Decemberists are. ;-; Every single one has a backstory and it makes my closeted history and literary nerdiness very happy.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    religion, i love poking holes in it, i can't help it, if i really tried i could probably deconvert someone but i haven't the heart to take away someones reason for not fearing death... hehe... see?
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Simple. Military. My husband is a Marine .Active Duty going on 9 years....His entire family is military also...

or How to parent...IF YOU DONT HAVE KIDS. Like really??!!
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    When people exaggerate their headache by saying they have a migraine. :explode:

People who are actually suffering from a migrane wouldn't be staring at a bright screen posting about it on facebook.
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    i have a migraine