What's your "Don't get me started" subject?

Options

Replies

• mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Options

1. Religion. Mainly disrespecting religion. I don't care if people agree with me, I do care if they disrespect my beliefs. There's a fine line between disagreeance and disrespect and most people seem oblivious to the difference.

yep and don't think you have me pegged or assume you know my opinions on many of the aforesaid topics because of my beliefs.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Religion

Teachers calling themselves "co-parents"
    (I'm pissed off just thinking about that last one)

That seriously happens?
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Casey Anthony is another one I just thought of!:explode: :explode: :explode:

Vile *****!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Customer Service...I forgot that one. I feel like I am a very nice person; probably too nice. When I patronize an establishment, it'd be nice to have the person on the other side of the phone/counter/etc to be just as nice. I understand that we're all human, and have our bad days...but if I'm friendly, why can't they be as well :sad:

YES!!! This too. At the very least look at me and say hello when I'm at your register. So many are so cold and robotic or just plain rude.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    1) cannabis as medicine

Really?
    So you're against cannabis, despite having "420" in your user name?
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    yep and don't think you have me pegged or assume you know my opinions on many of the aforesaid topics because of my beliefs.

THIS!
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Health Insurance!!! I can't even get started cause I'll never stop. My husband and I pay more in healthcare per month than our rent is and we still don't get the coverage we need. One of my husbands medications, which is required to keep him out of a coma and surely followed by death, is not covered and there is absolutely no other drug on the market that works in the same way. The drug is $1,500 per month, that would be over and above the $1,300 per month we're already paying. We filed grievances and etc etc etc. We exhausted every possible avenue and finally had to start getting it in Canada which is still $150 per month. I can't imagine what we would be paying if we had children! I could go on and on and on with examples, however I've already ranted too much. Sorry and thanks for letting me vent.

I'm an Aussie, so when I learned about the US healthcare system I was amazed. It's a joke
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Religion

Teachers calling themselves "co-parents"
    (I'm pissed off just thinking about that last one)

That seriously happens?

YES.
    Especially in Canada. It's gotten so bad now, that I've started saving up money for putting my kids through private school.
    And I don't even have kids yet.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    1) cannabis as medicine

Really?
    So you're against cannabis, despite having "420" in your user name?

I am not a smoker, however i have friends who partake, and many of them, while they themselves smoke, think its a joke that it is considered "medicine".. maybe thats what poster meant... IDK! no opinion here on the topic! dont know enough about it to have one =P
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    Options
    or maybe 420 has other meaning to poster lol
  • abrewer563
    abrewer563 Posts: 122
    Options
    Ahh the fact that working individuals are constantly penalized while the lazy people taking advantage of social programs continue to get more and more free crap all the time. :) Also people the fraud, waste and abuse in social programs.
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Politics
    Religion
    Animals rights
    Disicplining children (how to and how not to)

^This
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i;ve got a few lol, but my main one is when my eldest son who has serious mental health issues has an "episode" in public, and i get all these (probably) well meaning people offering up stupid advice, and then going on to list the reasons that 1, he needs a good slap 2, it's just a way of getting attention or 3, that i want a sainthood for putting up with it!!!!!!!!
    in answer 1, you would hit a mentally ill person seriously? 2, yes i can think of probably 50 ways that he could get my attention better and 3, i'm his mum it's my job no sainthood required
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Ahh the fact that working individuals are constantly penalized while the lazy people taking advantage of social programs continue to get more and more free crap all the time. :) Also people the fraud, waste and abuse in social programs.

agreed
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    i;ve got a few lol, but my main one is when my eldest son who has serious mental health issues has an "episode" in public, and i get all these (probably) well meaning people offering up stupid advice, and then going on to list the reasons that 1, he needs a good slap 2, it's just a way of getting attention or 3, that i want a sainthood for putting up with it!!!!!!!!
    in answer 1, you would hit a mentally ill person seriously? 2, yes i can think of probably 50 ways that he could get my attention better and 3, i'm his mum it's my job no sainthood required

OMG people are such morons! Maybe next time YOU should slap them!:laugh:
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options

or maybe she gets rage about the topic in general. you can have rage from the pro side as well. lots of people would disagree with the pro side. i am not one of said people and do not know anyone who is but i've heard there is a con side.
  • Mutant13
    Options

agreed

Aye
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    Options

or maybe she gets rage about the topic in general. you can have rage from the pro side as well. lots of people would disagree with the pro side. i am not one of said people and do not know anyone who is but i've heard there is a con side.

good point.
  • JVonni
    JVonni Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Customer Service...I forgot that one. I feel like I am a very nice person; probably too nice. When I patronize an establishment, it'd be nice to have the person on the other side of the phone/counter/etc to be just as nice. I understand that we're all human, and have our bad days...but if I'm friendly, why can't they be as well :sad:

YES!!! This too. At the very least look at me and say hello when I'm at your register. So many are so cold and robotic or just plain rude.

Yes! I say "Please", "Thank you", "Have a nice day", and all of the other nice things mom taught me, but then I get a rude response. It hurts my feelings :frown: :sad: lol