What's your "Don't get me started" subject?

Options

Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few.

1. Religion. Mainly disrespecting religion. I don't care if people agree with me, I do care if they disrespect my beliefs. There's a fine line between disagreeance and disrespect and most people seem oblivious to the difference.

2. Fad Diets. Body by Vi. That silly hormone injection diet people were using. Stuff of that nature. I get really heated.

3. Music. This is more 'gets me going' in a good way. I can go on and on and on and on about music.

4. Cruelty. I hate cruelty in all its forms.

5. Racism.

6. I also get heated when people start judging other cultures as inferior. That one really pisses me off.

... I could keep going but I won't.
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    waisting cookies

50c29404afa96f2a24000179.gif
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Mother-in-laws. Seriously, mine is the most vile, horrid woman on the planet.... ack, I almost got started!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    If I hear my children (or even various adults) say anything that alludes to the fact that something is NOT FAIR. . .I come unglued. I must've had an issue with that as a kid because one of the few things I can recall my mom searing into my brain was the mantra; "LIFE'S NOT FAIR. . .GET USED TO IT!" My kids know that one by heart now, too.
  • JVonni
    JVonni Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Customer Service...I forgot that one. I feel like I am a very nice person; probably too nice. When I patronize an establishment, it'd be nice to have the person on the other side of the phone/counter/etc to be just as nice. I understand that we're all human, and have our bad days...but if I'm friendly, why can't they be as well :sad:
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Politics
    Religion
    Your kids
    Educational Reform in Louisiana
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    peoples opinions about what i should do with my uterus.

the things people deem acceptable to wear in public. doubly so in the airport.

OMG.. i just had this discussion with my mother and she went on and on about how i shouldnt take it out (The Uterus) .. and BLAH BLAH BLAH.. I LVOE THIS.. Love this.. ITS MY UTERUS DANG IT

don't you know you aren't a real woman but merely a selfish demon if you don't use your uterus! ;-)
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I don't have any, I enjoy intelligent debates!

4r9jwz.jpg
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I've tried everything and can't lose weight. Ugggg!!
  • lotushead
    lotushead Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If anyone comments on how the plants I'm eating have feelings.

If anyone even tries to bring up the whole canine was/wasn't designed to chew meat topic. Other than that, the omnivore/ herbivore topic is interesting to talk about as long as no buttholes are involved.

Anytime anyone uses God to justify their behavior. I know right....

Religious people who assume everyone wants to hear how much they love god. NO.

Religion, violence, and animal and environmental ethics in general are heated topics for me.

i heart you.

Who me? :love: :flowerforyou: :smooched: :happy:
    Yeah I agree with the ones you mentioned too. Ugh I had to stop my mom before she even started with me about gun control. I simply said, I'm way too tired and bored to talk about that. That joint hit full capacity very shortly after all the media coverage (and I don't even have cable...).
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    1) cannabis as medicine
    2) tax-increment financing and eminent domain
  • mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    -People who say they've never listened to The Beatles.

Like what? What dimension are you living in??

-If someone asks me if I've read '50 Shades of Grey'

:grumble: :angry:

:heart: :heart:
  • maddogg82
    maddogg82 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    OH RAider Fans who like to talk about how the Niners lost the Super bowl.. Your whole argument is irrelevent.. Dont get me started..!

omg!!! i heart you too <3

RRRRR....rrr... Shaking fist!!:explode:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I avoid topics of politics and religion like the plague, but I can "go off" on simpler things like:

[...]

-The fact that people don't know the difference between "have" and "of"

That ticks you off? Could of fooled me.

*ducks*

*throws stapler at computer screen* UUGGHHHH
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    HOW ABOUT THOSE DAMN BIRDS JUST FLY THEM THE WHOLE WAY THERE?!?!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Religion

Teachers calling themselves "co-parents"
    (I'm pissed off just thinking about that last one)
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    -People who say they've never listened to The Beatles.

Like what? What dimension are you living in??

-If someone asks me if I've read '50 Shades of Grey'

:grumble: :angry:

I can probably add this to my list..when people ask me if I've listened to a certain band or watched a movie (like a classic, I guess) and I say no. Then they freak out. And yes, I've listened to The Beatles. It's okay, don't hurt me. :)
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Mother-in-laws. Seriously, mine is the most vile, horrid woman on the planet.... ack, I almost got started!

Oh do tell. I love me some MIL stories!
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Religion and politics. And also modern medicine. I HATE people who bash the medical field left and right. These people save lives. STFU.....grrr.
  • titi4j
    titi4j Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Health Insurance!!! I can't even get started cause I'll never stop. My husband and I pay more in healthcare per month than our rent is and we still don't get the coverage we need. One of my husbands medications, which is required to keep him out of a coma and surely followed by death, is not covered and there is absolutely no other drug on the market that works in the same way. The drug is $1,500 per month, that would be over and above the $1,300 per month we're already paying. We filed grievances and etc etc etc. We exhausted every possible avenue and finally had to start getting it in Canada which is still $150 per month. I can't imagine what we would be paying if we had children! I could go on and on and on with examples, however I've already ranted too much. Sorry and thanks for letting me vent.