10 years together... what a difference 2 years can make!

Options

Replies

• mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    amazing! good luck on your athletic competition that is so awesome!
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Well done to you both. You deserve the kudos x
  • 0xbalthamosx0
    0xbalthamosx0 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It's amazing when couples do it together, you both look amazing! Well done :)
  • valenbryce
    valenbryce Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What a great story. Congratulations and thanks for sharing!
  • angelcop74
    angelcop74 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! I wish my husband would join in my fitness journey! That would be wonderful! Congratulations!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Love it! You guys rock!
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    SO happy and proud for you!!
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You guys look fantastic! Great story, and congrats on hitting the 10 year mark, I hit the same with my high school sweetie last year!

Thanks for sharing!
  • smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    What an awesome couple you two are!
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    Thatgirlsana thinks that's really cute congrats you two
  • workinprogress007
    workinprogress007 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you guys look awesome,. what a journey and an inspiration!
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! You guys look great :)
  • Mich3ll36
    Mich3ll36 Posts: 96
    Options
    WOW!!! That's all I can say really. Makes me think of me and my husband. I started losing a year ago next month. Im down 75 lbs and my husband has started losing over the last month. We have become active together and I must say that I think getting healthy together does a lot for a marriage since this past month has been great!

KUDOS TO YOU GUYS!!!! Very inspirational. Thanks for the story. Gives me hope.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    005-002.jpg
    042-1.jpg

Tomorrow will mark 10 years married to the most wonderful man I know. He was my high school sweetheart. He was the one I "grew up" with. He was the man who stood by my side through 9 years of infertility. And subsequently, he is the the father of our son.

He is also the man who watched me get bigger, while I watched him do the same. Over the years, we gained a lot of weight together. Eating out, eating anything we wanted, making excuses together. Being very inactive. Well, this all changed about 2 years ago. Starting with him.

In the past 2 years, my husband has lost around 100 pounds
    107-001.jpg Before
    008-1.jpg After!

In the past 1+ year, I have lost 75 pounds
    209.jpg Before
    079.jpg After!

I look back on the years we've spent together, and I'm filled with mixed emotions. The damage we did to ourselves through years of unhealthy living, which in turn led to stress, depression, lack of intimacy, caused a strain on our marriage. BUT, we have been able to mend much of this through our journey over these past 2 years. Getting healthy has given our marriage the new life it needed.

To celebrate our new life, we are doing an Olympic duathlon in September... he is a cyclist and I am a runner :drinker:

Wanna know whats cool? I posted this topic LAST JULY and someone just found it! How cool is that :drinker:

We're both still going strong, he is training for a timed trial cycling race in May and I WAS training for my first marathon in April and ended up with IT band syndrome, forcing me to put my marathon dreams on hold. Im lifting and focusing on fat loss right now in the hopes to restart my training in the summer. Thank you everyone for your encouraging words! :heart:
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    What a great story. Thanks for sharing it with us. Your story speaks to me because my husband and I are working on becoming healthier together, too.
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! l love to see stories of couples getting healthy together. My husband is on board, but moving much more slowly (literally and figuratively) due to health issues. But I look forward to getting healthy together.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    What a lovely and inspiring story. Thanks for sharing!
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    you guys look awesome! and younger!!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story!!!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    you have a beautiful family, cheers on your combined success! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!