I give up.

Options
123457»

Replies

• SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If you want to give up, then give up. Be unhappy. It is the easiest thing to do.

You don't like eating healthy foods? I don't like paying my bills, but I do, because I am an adult and its what I have to do to maintain my life. Both my mother and sister are over 100lbs overweight, and I am an athlete, because I choose not to live my life the way they live theirs. Its possible, and worth it a hundred times over, but it is not easy. If you give up, you have only yourself to blame, and you will end up feeling worse.

:smile:
    Great response
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the truth hurts but that does not make the speaker a bully. If you want it (to be skinny) then go after it. If you don't then don't; just don't try and drag others down with you. Good luck on which ever route you take but true happiness takes work and commitment.

^^ this is true. I didnt lose weight because people told me i was skinny/healthy. i lost weight because ppl were honest with me and said i needed to do something about it, especially if i was complaining.
    real people tell real stories, not bullcrap.

Start holding yourself accountable every single day and you'll see results. No cheating, no crying, no feeling sorry for yourself. Take action!
  • calam8yJan
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid checked?
  • sandip69
    sandip69 Posts: 20
    Options
    There's clearly a huge number of kind, nurturing and considerate people out there on MFP! When it comes down to it, eating less (and smartly) and being more active is the way forward. Having dozens of strangers sending you encouragement is unlikely to be the answer. Personally I initially wondered if you were trolling but am very reluctant to fall into the trap of coming across as a bully.You put the food in your mouth, no one is forcing you and it's down to you to find the willpower to make it stick. End of story
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m51qpm0uDx1qm8z2ho1_500_zps0593ccfb.jpg
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm she has not posted anything at all for days now
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are ready to give up. When you came here to make a post about it, you had to have realized, at least subconsciously, that everyone here is going to tell you NOT TO GIVE UP, to keep trying, keep working at it, no matter how insurmountable the obstacles may seem. The very fact that you made a post about it, knowing what would happen, tells me that a part of you is stronger than you think you are and isn't ready to quit.

I haven't been through what you are going through but I have experienced a lot of times during my life when I felt like I couldn't handle what was coming at me and I wanted to quit trying. It's never worth it. Even trying and failing is so much better than not trying at all. Even if you never reach the goal that you originally wanted to, you'll feel so much better about yourself knowing that you gave it your all.

It's obviously not easy or else everybody would be a healthy weight, but something tells me that you are a strong person and that if you want it badly enough, you will keep experimenting with what works for you and you will get there.

Agreed. Just like you hear that people who truely want to commit suicide just do it, those who say something to someone are crying for help. If she wanted to give up she would have just done so (Lord knows I have a zillion times..........) but she's asking for help, hopefully something will *CLICK* and get her back on track.............
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I am a hamster on a wheel. Running and going nowhere. I feel like my body has been damaged beyond repair. I have tried all the suggestions on here and sought medical help. But I can't fight it. I have no fight left. My birth mother and sister are over 300 lbs and looks like I am heading that way. But I refuse to do it eating foods I hate. I've lost 6 lbs in one year but had lost a little more. It's all coming back on. I should just accept that I am fat. Thank you everyone who is tried to help. Appreciate it. This website is great for those who are successful. Unfortunately for me, it has just made me depressed. I wish everyone the best.

Don't give up! Six pounds is a great beginning! There must be foods that you like that don't have a ton of calories.

Besides, I think we all have times when we're not losing (a plateau). But hang in there!
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If she really wants to quit, there is nothing any of us can do to make her stick it out. If she really wanted help, she would re-open her food journal and let people help - yes there will be mean people criticizing but there will be more with helpful suggestions.
  • sweetkat75
    Options
    Update: this post was to help me hit rock bottom so I could come out fighting. After I read the posts and stopped feeling sorry for myself I went through my journal to look at the months I was successful, the tdee goal wasn't working, increasing calories wasn't working but I knew something had worked, so now i am using the calorie goal of the months I was successful, accepting the weight loss for those months, while not tremendous, is a great average. And taking a more laid back approach to exercise, I have lost 1.2 kg in a week. So far so good.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i thought the same before 285lb 2 big parents and i gave up everytime somthing didnt go to plan im low carbing now and love the food i also have a day of at least once a week in fact today im off to a japanese restaurant im now 200lb you can do it you just have to find what works for you x
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    WTG SweetKat, I'm so glad you have decided to stick with it. I'm sure we have all struggled at some point mentally. :drinker:
  • Deanna149
    Deanna149 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    glad to see you pushed through..keep at it you will find what works for you! good luck!
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    I remember when i felt like that...

And look at you now. Aren't you glad you didn't give up?
  • judydelo1
    judydelo1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    YAY !!!! I'm so happy you're still in the game!!! Congratulations!! You can do this. It won't be easy, but you can do this!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I think we all get de-railed at least once, just make sure we get back on the right track. Glad you are back.