C25K buddies wanted!

Options

Replies

• Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just finished W3D3 today :smile: :smile: I never thought I'd make it this far. For those just starting out stick with it you'd be surprised how much better it gets and how good it feels after you complete a day/week :drinker:
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna repeat Week 3 it was tougher than I thought.. 3 minutes seemed LONG for me as I'm just getting the basics of running down.
  • esjayyy31
    esjayyy31 Posts: 16
    Options
    Just finished the week 5 day 3 today! It was definitely a big jump from running 8 minutes to running 20, and I definitely had to grit my teeth through the last couple of minutes but man, what a great feeling to know I did it :) I don't think I've ever run two miles straight in my life.
  • gregr072
    gregr072 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I finished week 1 yesterday. I'll be starting on week 2 again this week.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Just did W5D1 - distance 2.3 miles, burning 220 cals - still have this one muscles in right leg that is killing me all day long on front of thigh - only feels good when on treadmill - icing and stretching - had a massage
  • Akdn
    Options
    W4D1 completed today =)
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    im on day one i cant wait to do it again
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I should be on W1D3 but I think I'm going to repeat week 1. I can't believe how winded I am after just 60 seconds of running with 1:30 walking in between. I don't want to move forward when I come home purple as is! I will probably repeat week 1 for 3 weeks (yikes!) I'm REALLY out of shape. Or in shape, if we're talking round :p
  • renaegry
    Options
    Just completed W5D2 - did 2.3 miles burning 245 cals
  • stepnerd
    stepnerd Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Finished week 7 last night! Looking forward to week 8 and beyond :)
  • Akdn
    Options
    Finished week 7 last night! Looking forward to week 8 and beyond :)
    You are almost done, that's awesome!!

I completed W4D2 today =)
  • graceylou222
    graceylou222 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    week 3 day 3!!! :D
  • Fr33zefram3
    Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I recently completed the C25K program. Loved every minute of it! Anyone is welcome to add me if they have questions. Or, i'll try my best to motivate you through the weeks!
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Uh, completed week 1 day 1 last night.

1 down 26 to go!!!

I ran a mile without stopping about 10 days ago and was really huffing it at the end. Doing the run walk last night, my mile time was about 20 seconds faster.

Ran into a friend from church at Virgina runner yesterday and said they have a group that runs Sunday mornings. So hopefully the week or two after easter I can maybe join them for added motivation.
  • stitchtastic
    Options
    ADD ME,ADD ME!

I'm starting the C25K on Friday,and i need encouragement!

Also put my name down for race for lif in June :happy:

I'll accept any adds from anyone,any age,any weight,any sex!

I'm always on here,and a very possitive,happy person.Like to have a laugh,but serious about losing weight and getting fit.:happy:
  • brookrd1
    brookrd1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Lots of luck:smile:
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I tried once and fell off at week 6. I am going to try again. Please add me..
  • renaegry
    Options
    Completed Week 5 today. During the 20 min jog I did take 4 15 sec breathers. distance was 2.4 miles, burning 270 cals.
  • lahalab
    lahalab Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    what's the best Iphone app for this ? doesn't anyone know.

thanks.
  • Akdn
    Options
    Completed Week 5 today. During the 20 min jog I did take 4 15 sec breathers. distance was 2.4 miles, burning 270 cals.
    I'm really worried about that last day in week 5. It's seems to be quite a jump to a 20 minute run from 8 and 5 minute runs.