cleanse

Options

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Cleanse - eat plenty of protein, fibre and good fats.

Tone - include resistance training into your week

Moisturise - drink plenty of water
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I like the renu herbs colon cleanse. I use them every now and again.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like the renu herbs colon cleanse. I use them every now and again.

No one sees your colon. It's clean enough.
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I make Dr Oz green juice for breakfast 5 out of the 7 days & love it & the energy it gives me!
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Cleanse - eat plenty of protein, fibre and good fats.

Tone - include resistance training into your week

Moisturise - drink plenty of water
    These are good tips but too much protein and fat can have the opposite effect of a cleanse, they slow digestion. Cleanses should be mostly fruits and vegetables with some meats, grains, nuts and seeds.
  • obwize
    obwize Posts: 102
    Options
    I prefer the fasting or water fasting method best. Cheap (no food or water, or water only) and effective. I understand wanting to cleanse even if you don't have major problems. Just the air we breath with pollution is enough to want to detox. Anyway, I do a 24 hour fast (no water or food) every month. And water only for 24 hours once a week. It isn't super intense, but consistently done helps a lot.
  • sarahbollenberg1
    Options
    Okay - best way to flush out your system?
    SAUNA and loads of water. Get in there, sweat, drink water, SWEAT, drink water... you get the picture.
    Adhere to the guidelines, which is about 15 minutes in and a rest/cold shower/ repeat.

Another great cleanse is the 3 day apple diet.
    3 days straight of apples. If you are doing this, don't plan on doing anything strenuous and take it easy.
    The apple works on clearing the digestive tract, which is usually full of metals and other substances from our foods.

Hope this helps.
    http://spirited-sports-com.webs.com
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    What exactly are you trying to cleanse?
    skin cells for one. I love the glowing skin I get from cleanses. Basically the whole body. Give the liver less to handle. Have you ever tried a cleanse?
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    SAUNA and loads of water. Get in there, sweat, drink water, SWEAT, drink water... you get the picture.
    Adhere to the guidelines, which is about 15 minutes in and a rest/cold shower/ repeat.

3 days straight of apples. If you are doing this, don't plan on doing anything strenuous and take it easy.
    The apple works on clearing the digestive tract, which is usually full of metals and other substances from our foods.

Hope this helps.

Good tips. I have a membership to a gym that has a nice sauna but I always forget about it. I will try use it sometime.

I've already had about 15 apples today, lol. Not that I just eat apples.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    skin cells for one. I love the glowing skin I get from cleanses. Basically the whole body. Give the liver less to handle. Have you ever tried a cleanse?

Exfoliation helps to shed skin cells. Have you ever tried a loofah?
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My husband tried the DETOX diet using recipes on Dr. OZ website last week. He did it because he had hit a plateau and he wanted to break the plateau. It is a 3 day diet with shakes made of vegetables, fruits and nuts at home. He lost 3 lbs in 3 days. In the future, we may decide to do it one day once in 3 or 4 months. Not sure if it works for everyone. Just sharing the info.
  • Kauaiartist
    Kauaiartist Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The body is programmed to cleanse itself! It is an incredible machine when you take care of it properly. Eat clean (get off processed foods as much as possible!), drink a lot of water, sweat while you exercise (and shower within 30 minutes of exercising to remove all the toxins you will release through perspiration!) Eat CHIA seeds - a natural cleanser - great sprinkled on yogurt, salads etc....maybe you can spend the time while hubby is away researching natural clean eating and natural ways to cleanse your body without all the "latest craze cleanse" products out there - read Dr. Weil and Dr. Oz - both good reliable sources of info! My 2 cents!
    :flowerforyou:
  • kathydraperfitness
    kathydraperfitness Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Be sure you are doing a cleanse and not fast - The Master Cleanse for example is not a cleanse but a fast. No one should be fasting for more than 3 days unless it if for religious reason and should be under a doctor's care.

Sweating, sauna etc are also helpful for cleansing.

I prefer the Advocare Citrus cleanse but there are others that are good. I like Renew Life. I have tried other cleanses and they were rough but Advocare and Renew Life are easy on the body. No one wants to be running to the bathroom at awkward times.

All cleansing program recommend lots of water, lots of fruits and veggies and limiting dairy and wheat/gluten. You should be drinking half your body weight in water. 200 lbs - 100 oz of water.

All of us carry a toxins daily due to skin care products, pollution, food and drink indiscretions etc. A cleanse just kind of give your body a little kick start and helps you absorb your nutrients better.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Hope this helps.

No worries, It would be hard to do anything strenuous when you can't leave the toilet.

Like others are saying, you don't need to cleanse. Eat whole food, Lots of veggies and drink water. Your body does the rest.
  • kathydraperfitness
    kathydraperfitness Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love Chia Seeds - I find Dr. Weil credible. I am getting a little concerned that Dr. Oz is so focused on weight loss for ratings that he is starting to lose credibility. Almost seems like those magazines that have a new diet every week. Trust me I work in a health food section and I talk with the people who want the quick fix every day!
  • crystalmoore83
    crystalmoore83 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    just want to tremove toxins...maybe help my liver out a bit
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Exfoliation helps to shed skin cells. Have you ever tried a loofah?

Yes.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    just want to tremove toxins...maybe help my liver out a bit

your kidneys and liver remove all of the toxins as it is. you do not need to "detoxify" yourself with a "cleanse". they are scams targeted at the gullible and ignorant (uninformed).
  • nayla1984
    nayla1984 Posts: 17
    Options
    There is this new cleanse, all the celebs are doing it. It can be hard to do though.

First, you need a big glass
    Then you have to fill it to the top with water
    The worst part is you need to drink the glass and repeat several times a day.
    . Hahaha
  • crystalmoore83
    crystalmoore83 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    thank you all for the awesome tips :happy: