cleanse

Options

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this idea of giving your liver and kidneys a break. Unless you have a medical condition...your organs do what they are supposed to do. Do you also need to give your heart, lungs, and brain a break the same way you do with your liver and kidneys? It doesn't make sense.

Let's face it. If our livers and kidneys were at peak performance, none of us would be on this site in the first place. Have you tried any form of cleanse ever?

i have never jabbed a fork into my eye socket, but i know that it would be:

1) painful
    2) pointless with respect to my health

my objection to detox cleanses is not personal. it's scientific and rational. if you would take the time to learn how your body actually works, you would laugh at the whole concept of a detox cleanse too. it's bogus. it's non-scientific. it's a scam.

Science has never tested cleanses like this, the medical industry doesn't want it proven. If you listen to all the right people that know it works or try the right cleanses for yourself you will be amazed at how you feel and look. Detoxes can be explained scientifically by the vitamins and minerals they contain and what the liver needs for the phases of detoxification.

double-you-tee-eff is that? :laugh:

It's called being intelligent. Sometimes when people talk ABOVE that which YOU can comprehend, it makes him appear stupid, when in truth, it is just that your mind doesn't think on a higher level as does his. I get what he said. Sorry you didn't.
    Hi, S_U_M_M_E_R!
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this idea of giving your liver and kidneys a break. Unless you have a medical condition...your organs do what they are supposed to do. Do you also need to give your heart, lungs, and brain a break the same way you do with your liver and kidneys? It doesn't make sense.

Let's face it. If our livers and kidneys were at peak performance, none of us would be on this site in the first place. Have you tried any form of cleanse ever?

1) painful

my objection to detox cleanses is not personal. it's scientific and rational. if you would take the time to learn how your body actually works, you would laugh at the whole concept of a detox cleanse too. it's bogus. it's non-scientific. it's a scam.

Got it. Fork in eye bad. Finger in nose good.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I need a fruitcake cleanse
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options

1) painful

We've got to turn our attention to the heavy burden environmental toxins put on our bodies. Particularly if you are overweight or obese.

Until conventional medicine catches up, you've got to optimize your body's ability to rid itself of toxins. If your body's detoxification tools aren't up to snuff, waste will build up. Again, it is too much for the liver to handle it stores in your body and it stays there until the liver can catch up. If you keep overflowing the liver, it will never be able to catch up .
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Ive heard of homeade juices, however it does require ingredients and a juicer. maybe try a replacement shake to save on digestion.
  • Mads1997
    Options

1) painful

We've got to turn our attention to the heavy burden environmental toxins put on our bodies. Particularly if you are overweight or obese.

Until conventional medicine catches up, you've got to optimize your body's ability to rid itself of toxins. If your body's detoxification tools aren't up to snuff, waste will build up. Again, it is too much for the liver to handle it stores in your body and it stays there until the liver can catch up. If you keep overflowing the liver, it will never be able to catch up .

And you explode
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options

1) painful

Science has never tested cleanses like this, the medical industry doesn't want it proven. If you listen to all the right people that know it works or try the right cleanses for yourself you will be amazed at how you feel and look. Detoxes can be explained scientifically by the vitamins and minerals they contain and what the liver needs for the phases of detoxification.

http://balancedconcepts.net/liver_phases_detox_paths.pdf
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options

1) painful

And you explode

Alright, I am done now, this has turned into child's play. I'm too busy to participate in silliness.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I need a fruitcake cleanse
    no cake, but fruit is good.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I genuinely asked a question and it was ignored.

What is your definition of toxic?

ETA - I thought I quoted but that was for Lori_lynn.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

1) painful

http://balancedconcepts.net/liver_phases_detox_paths.pdf

ummm... not a scientific source.

http://balancedconcepts.net/trish_bio.html

it's ok if you want to believe in voodoo. really, it doesn't affect me at all. i just hope the lurkers reading this thread are getting a healthy dose of skepticism from the other side... you know, the one where science and facts actually matter... before considering doing a so-called "detox cleanse".

if you can show me something from credible scientific or medical sources which shows these detoxes to be in any way based in reality or physiology, then i'll open my mind. but pointing me to quacks and new age practitioners is not going to sway me at all.
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

1) painful

It's called being intelligent. Sometimes when people talk ABOVE that which YOU can comprehend, it makes him appear stupid, when in truth, it is just that your mind doesn't think on a higher level as does his. I get what he said. Sorry you didn't.

gibberish is gibberish. you can pretend it's not, but that doesn't make it so.

:laugh:

You are not here to learn. You are not here to intelligently debate, you are here to troll. This has been made apparent. I will stop feeding you now, I hope the others do the same. Please give those who are here for self benefit the courteousness of not clogging this thread with trolling. Thanks.

Seriously. Back to the task. I think someone mentioned replacing one meal a day with a fresh veggie or fruit juice. This worked really well for me. Sometimes I eat brown rice, mung beans and steamed veggies with a little fat for a week. That is more of a balancing winter cleanse. There was a time when master cleanse worked for me but it's just not for me anymore. I often do a few weeks without caffeine (that's crazy I know) but I feel so focused and present.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you trying to cleanse?

I hope to find the answer to this on the three pages I haven't read yet. Would love to know what toxin is eliminated from the body as a result of a "cleanse" that is not otherwise eliminated.

ETA: Nope. Unfortunately, my quest for a single toxin that is eliminated from the body as a result of a "cleanse" that is not otherwise eliminated continues.
  • Mads1997
    Options

1) painful

And you explode

Alright, I am done now, this has turned into child's play. I'm too busy to participate in silliness.

The silliness started when you started talking about cleansing.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

I hope to find the answer to this on the three pages I haven't read yet. Would love to know what toxin is eliminated from the body as a result of a "cleanse" that is not otherwise eliminated.

I'm just curious about how toxic fat is.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    MODERATOR NOTE

Debate is healthy, sly name calling is not.

I have cleaned up what I can immediately see but my next step will be to issue warnings/blocks. Please keep the following guidelines in mind...

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

Fill list of guidelines can be found here.... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator

• _Lori_Lynn_
    Options

I wrote the answer above. I will try to find it for you. Do you want me to email it to you or post it here?
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    That's fine. I don't particularly understand punishing your body by putting it through several days of weakness, shakiness, headaches, and whatever else extreme hunger pangs produce just to feel "cleansed" from foods I already pooped out days or weeks ago.

I don't think I'll ever understand that.

I don't have any of those problems on a cleansing diet. The main thing is to get all your calories and lots of fruits and vegetables, some meat, [I like tuna, salmon, elk, organic chicken (a bit more expensive but worth it)] and seed grains like amaranth, quinoa, or buckwheat. Some of the stuff is expensive but I try to eat cheap stuff like carrots, cabbage, and celery to make up for it.

Wait. Are you telling me that you DETOX your body by eating foods that contain mercury, fagopyrin, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), dioxins, toxaphene, dieldrin, hexachlorobenzene (HCB), lindane, heptachlor epoxide, cis-nonachlor, trans-nonachlor, gamma-chlordane, alpha-chlordane, Mirex, endrin and DDT amongst others? What exactly are you cleansing from? How is this giving your liver a break at all? What do you think your liver cleans from your blood anyway?

Your body filters oxygen, water, nutrients, vitamins, toxins produced by digestion of proteins, etc... It passes them to your digestive tract via bile.

How does eating certain foods release anything stored in fat cells? It doesn't the only way to release anything contained in fat cells is by oxidation.

Even if I had bought into this idea before, you just assured me that it is a complete load of... bile.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

I wrote the answer above. I will try to find it for you. Do you want me to email it to you or post it here?

Here is fine but I would like to Know what is defined as toxic. Like I said I think we have different ideas of what that means.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    No worries, It would be hard to do anything strenuous when you can't leave the toilet.

why couldn't you leave the toilet?

Eating nothing but apples will likely cause you to have to go to the bathroom a lot. Isn't that the point of most "cleanses"?

no darling. think of it as rebooting. Give your organs a little break and they will appreciate it by pushing out those toxins. Of course you shouldn't eat only apples if you are uncomfortable with it. IT may work well for some people though.

Specifically what toxins?

(Although even if you can answer this question, I still won't believe that eating/not eating certain foods for X days will do anything to eliminate those toxins anyhow.)