Replies

• babyskunkles
    babyskunkles Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    What an *kitten*!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Dang, sounds like the guys have left you out of the loop. So I think the "LOL" is on you because no one told you.

A guy told me there was "guy code" - that is where I got that from. So since then when I tell stories I say to the guys, "you know guy code" and they laugh and say they know. We use the term a lot where I live. Seems other places obviously do too.

It basically means that men have an understanding of the way they ALL are in some areas and look out for each other, they "have each other's backs" even if they don't know one another. They don' t rat each other out and they warn one another, etc. For example, they chase women, they pursue women and they keep it a secret among themselves . . .that is "guy code". A guy could probably explain this better. They lie for one another, etc.

I have passed info from a guy client to my personal trainer (both guys) about a chick that one had met from a dating site and the other was going to meet for the first time. My client said, "tell your trainer she is using old pictures and she is xyz. . ." I said, "wow that is really nice that you are warning my trainer and you don't even know him and he said "it's guy code".

So I passed the info along and my trainer said, "man, tell your client thanks". I said, "he's looking out for you, that's guy code". My trainer laughed and said, "yep, that is guy code".

Guy code in this situation means, you are a man, you think differently than a woman, you think with the "little head" but the guy code is, you use the big head when around women. It's hard to explain, it's basically hiding some of your "guy thoughts" bc we don't get you guys. . and your women-chasing-desires bc we are programmed differently.

Google "guy code" .

Googled "guy code". Several sites about the tv show, Guy Code, an Urban Dictionary hit, and more sites about the tv show Guy Code.

If I were a man, I'd be pissed off that you're assuming all men have a secret set of rules they're going for. They are not some amorphous creature, vast and held together by ancient and voodoo like belief structures. They're dudes. Just dudes.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I don't need no stinkin' "guy code".
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    dump_zpse01dfcc5.png
  • kitty_764
    kitty_764 Posts: 64
    Options
    I get the "guy code". If you've been to a bar and listened in on guys conversations, they almost all revolve around whatever chick they happen to be checking out, have checked out, want to hook up with or putting down their significant other and general complaining about her.
    Of course sports, work and general stuff is mixed in, but I agree with what the op says. All guys look for something else, all the time. Maybe part has to do with a whole lot of things revolve around sex geared toward men? Everywhere you turn, there's boobs or *kitten* selling you something, from chicken wings, beer, magazines to no end, strip clubs within a 5 mile radius while the women have nothing. Ok, maybe a strip show in Vegas or a gay strip club in some far off suburb and maybe a few magazines with a handful of pictures of your fav star.

No wonder women aren't "on" all the time - which is a major issue sometimes
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options

Dang, sounds like the guys have left you out of the loop. So I think the "LOL" is on you because no one told you.

A guy told me there was "guy code" - that is where I got that from. So since then when I tell stories I say to the guys, "you know guy code" and they laugh and say they know. We use the term a lot where I live. Seems other places obviously do too.

It basically means that men have an understanding of the way they ALL are in some areas and look out for each other, they "have each other's backs" even if they don't know one another. They don' t rat each other out and they warn one another, etc. For example, they chase women, they pursue women and they keep it a secret among themselves . . .that is "guy code". A guy could probably explain this better. They lie for one another, etc.

I have passed info from a guy client to my personal trainer (both guys) about a chick that one had met from a dating site and the other was going to meet for the first time. My client said, "tell your trainer she is using old pictures and she is xyz. . ." I said, "wow that is really nice that you are warning my trainer and you don't even know him and he said "it's guy code".

So I passed the info along and my trainer said, "man, tell your client thanks". I said, "he's looking out for you, that's guy code". My trainer laughed and said, "yep, that is guy code".

Guy code in this situation means, you are a man, you think differently than a woman, you think with the "little head" but the guy code is, you use the big head when around women. It's hard to explain, it's basically hiding some of your "guy thoughts" bc we don't get you guys. . and your women-chasing-desires bc we are programmed differently.

Google "guy code" .

Googled "guy code". Several sites about the tv show, Guy Code, an Urban Dictionary hit, and more sites about the tv show Guy Code.

If I were a man, I'd be pissed off that you're assuming all men have a secret set of rules they're going for. They are not some amorphous creature, vast and held together by ancient and voodoo like belief structures. They're dudes. Just dudes.

Thanks, quirky! I was just going to respond to that trash post myself until I noticed you did the hard work already.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    i skipped the whole thread...

ok, i would've laughed! what guy wouldn't prefer to see ladies' arses bending over the tables?
  • DoriGaga
    DoriGaga Posts: 96
    Options
    9385043.jpg
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked that this topic is four pages in and there's no "just break up" post.
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Guys don't realize when they're saying things that are insensitive because they don't over-analyze like women do. What he said wasn't a big deal, really. I wouldn't have given it a second thought, honestly. Chillax, chika.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Google "guy code" .

Pretty much this. There is no "guy code." It's something your friend made up, that you now believe pertains to every male on Earth. Sounds like the joke is on you.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    9385043.jpg
    exactly!