Motorcycles who rides?

Options

Replies

• HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    IDK where you all are from but Im from TN so, have any of you heard of the dragon? Or been brave enough to ride it?

http://voices.yahoo.com/tennessees-dragon-favorite-ride-daring-motorcyclist-1550.html

My husband was just telling me about The Dragon. He also tells me I'm not allowed to try it :(
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    How do you like the gladius?

Most of what I read says that the SVs were at their best during the first generation and got gradually worse with each generation, with the Gladius being the worst of them all. The only reason the 2nd gen is more popular than the first is because of the addition of fuel injection and the larger aftermarket. Aside from those, the first gen is a superior platform for modding a sporting ride. The SFV Gladius (third gen) is even worse, trading even more of the SV's sporting nature for more "civility." Put it this way: In magazine comparisons, the SV routinely trounced its biggest competitor, the Kawasaki Ninja 650R. The Gladius, however, was usually rated below the 650R.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I've been riding for ...yikes ...27years now! Started when I was 17 and never got bored with it.

Currently have a Honda Hornet (not sure what that would be in the states or outside the UK ... model designate is CB600F).

I'm also lucky enough to work in a motorcycle dealership so I get the pick of any of the current BMW or Husqvarna range if I fancy something else for the weekend - though I'm too short for the R1200GS!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I've been riding for ...yikes ...27years now! Started when I was 17 and never got bored with it.

Currently have a Honda Hornet (not sure what that would be in the states or outside the UK ... model designate is CB600F).

I'm also lucky enough to work in a motorcycle dealership so I get the pick of any of the current BMW or Husqvarna range if I fancy something else for the weekend - though I'm too short for the R1200GS!

It DID go by the name Hornet in the US, but was only sold here for a couple of years. For some stupid reason Honda chose to charge more for it than Yamaha did for the FZ6 and Suzuki did for the SV650, both of which were superior bikes in every regard. So naturally nobody bought it and it ended up being discontinued here after only two or three years.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Yamaha R1, I like speed!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    2008 Yamaha FZ6 that I bought brand new as a leftover in February of 2010.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    This thread has really taken off. Glad to see all the different people and bikes that you all ride.

I agree. For once, a thread people aren't b*tching and arguing in! lol

It's simple. Bike riders are cooler than your average online yahoo. :)
  • RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    100 year anniversary Heritage Softail Harley Davidson....Cant wait for warm weather here in Ohio!!!!
  • bcrofts001
    bcrofts001 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Super Jealous, I ride a 01 vstar 1100 custom, but I live in canada so I still have a while for riding season. Mine is still apart in the garage getting some much needed love and upgrades.
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My ride to the Y is only 2 miles but I gotta admit even in 50 degree weather it feels good to get on that thing for a few minutes. I am itching for the real Spring to show up and do some real riding.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options

I agree. For once, a thread people aren't b*tching and arguing in! lol

Aspartame is not bad for you!! Oh.. sorry, wrong thread.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I was tempted to bring up 'The F Word' South Park episode, but thought I'd be a good boy :P.
  • slcobb001
    slcobb001 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I ride a Yamaha Royal Star Venture, mostly 2 up with the wife. Have for years. I also ride a Cannondale R500. Anything on 2 wheels is what I love.
  • BullletproofPaleoman
    BullletproofPaleoman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    IDK where you all are from but Im from TN so, have any of you heard of the dragon? Or been brave enough to ride it?

http://voices.yahoo.com/tennessees-dragon-favorite-ride-daring-motorcyclist-1550.html

I did the Dragon a couple of years ago on a Kawasaki KLR 650 I rented in Townsend. I liked it so much I bought a 2009 model a couple of months later.
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options

I did the Dragon a couple of years ago on a Kawasaki KLR 650 I rented in Townsend. I liked it so much I bought a 2009 model a couple of months later.

I live about 4-5 hours from it but have never done it. I think might have to remedy that this year!
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options

I live about 4-5 hours from it but have never done it. I think might have to remedy that this year!

Do it! The roads around it are better, but it's fun to do the Dragon just so you can say you did! I had a blast on it, but we ended up there on a Saturday so there were a lot of bikes. It'd be better during the week and in spring or fall when most of the other bikes are gone.
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    have heard the Devil's Triangle is another good one.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options

Do it! The roads around it are better, but it's fun to do the Dragon just so you can say you did! I had a blast on it, but we ended up there on a Saturday so there were a lot of bikes. It'd be better during the week and in spring or fall when most of the other bikes are gone.

I live 54 miles from the "Hill", as we call it.(Deal's Gap, aka The Tail of the Dragon) I own a couple gsxr's , a B-12 and a Tiller 1000. Been riding since I was 7yrs old, almost 40 yrs now on 2 wheels. My favorite ride is my resto-modded 1986 GSXR 7-12 ...And I'm tearing the Tiller down and using the engine/running gear to build a 130rwhp chopper this year.
    Almost all the roads are good to ride down here. I love it here!! I average 25-30,000 mi a year on 2 wheels ......
    Anything with 2 wheels is awesome, no matter the badge hanging on it !!!

BTW ....This thread is AWESOME !!!!
  • Belita38
    Belita38 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I ride a KTM 990 Adventure.
    Love it and drive everytime the weather is fine. My mean of transport when I don´te have to pick up the kids at school.
    My next journey: Morocco.
    Maybe in april- North of Spain.
    My dreams: Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Nepal... Oh, the world is so big and my moto loves these journeys... :-) :-) :-)
  • xxanishxx
    xxanishxx Posts: 212
    Options
    15672371.jpg