1 year anniversary...36 pounds lost...with pics!

Options

Replies

• Dagoth
    Dagoth Posts: 172
    Options
    36 pounds in one year isn't impressive speedwise, but slow progress is still progress I suppose. Keep it up.
    trolling?
    ...Not intentionally. You people are way too sensitive, that was meant to be a compliment. And I get bashed from every angle. No wonder I rarely come to these forums. I get attacked by middle aged women every time.
  • 3momwrestler
    3momwrestler Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Way to go! How exciting! Keep up the hard work. The pics are great! I am starting where you started and am down 11.8. Can't wait to get to the 50s.!!!!!
  • jeepinwelch
    jeepinwelch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I have thyroid issues too so I know how frustrating it can be to work so hard for slow returns. You look great and I hope to do as well as you have. Keeping motivated while others are shedding pounds at a normal rate is not easy and I admire you for coming so far.
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congrats on sticking with it a year and the 36lbs are nothing to shy away from. It's fabulous be proud of it! Way to go!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    36 pounds in one year isn't impressive speedwise, but slow progress is still progress I suppose. Keep it up.

This is true, but my Dr. said that hormones and thyroid issues has kept me from losing the weight and once those are back to normal, I can lose the weight and not be struggling so much. Trust me, I thought I should of made it to my goal...just hope I can be an encouragement to others who are struggling out there!

CONGRATS on what you have done so far! It's an obvious loss. Keep up the good work!
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    trolling?
    ...Not intentionally. You people are way too sensitive, that was meant to be a compliment. And I get bashed from every angle. No wonder I rarely come to these forums. I get attacked by middle aged women every time.

Awwww! Poor baby. It couldn't possibly be because you're a gigantic A hole. Nooooo... we're just "too sensitive"! How dare we be sensitive, particularly to other peoples' feelings! :huh:
  • ltowne
    ltowne Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous! You did it the right way...nice and slow and detemined. I admire your dedication to your overall health. Way to go!
  • CarrieR3
    CarrieR3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job ! Keep up the good work . You look great :)
  • superbeacon
    Options
    @ImRadical: First of all, you look radiant! Your skin is glowing! You look so happy and healthy. And I love that you kept your sense of humor while pushing through the tough times...you inspire me!

Second: Congratulations on a job well done. :) It's always difficult when we feel that things haven't gone as well as we hoped, but oh my gosh!! You've lost almost FIVE gallon milk jugs of weight....think about that! (Each gallon jug of milk weighs 8.4 lbs) Could you imagine strapping on a belt with those suckers dangling from it? Don't discount your achievement. It's fantastic.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options

It's still a loss!!! A big loss too....

Well done to you.. You look great, keep it up!!! :smile:
    36lbs is a huge accomplishment, regardless of how long it's taken. Congrats on your loss!
  • AmberLee2012
    Options

Didn't your mother ever teach you, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all? This forum is to celebrate success!! I think the OP looks wonderful and she has done a great job in getting where she is. Guys tend to be able to lose weight much faster and easier than women and one's progress shouldn't be compared to another. This is an individual journey. Keep up the great work OP!
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options

Why on earth would you criticize someone like this? She has worked hard and made excellent changes. Just because your body lost weight faster doesn't make you more impressive.

I do not mean to attack you, I just cannot understand why you would choose to comment if you only have negativity to bring to the table. Keep it to yourself, dude. No need to comment on other people's journeys if you aren't going to offer support and motivation.
  • BrenWOW
    BrenWOW Posts: 95
    Options

That seemed kind of harsh...that's a big chunk of weight!
  • translinda
    translinda Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think that is great! I am a little bit older, and even though I have started to really get into exercising a lot more than I was, the weight is coming off VERY SLOWLY. I would be thrilled to death If I lost that much in a year. Good for you for not throwing in the towel after that long plateau. You look great!
  • kizzykizzywizzy1
    kizzykizzywizzy1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Amazing difference - look lovely, I am losing slowly too, haven't got a huge amount to lose & i know if I deprive myself too much I'll give up. It's a lifestyle change for me ( exercise wise ) as for food I'm more careful, but not strict. If you are too restricted you just won't keep t it - whatever you are doing is working - keep at it girl!!!!
  • ursus_feminus
    ursus_feminus Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow.. good job. You've really trimmed down a lot with a 36 pound weight loss.. it's most noticeable in your face! Way to go
  • Almaviva14
    Almaviva14 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? 36lbs in a year is brilliant - just brilliant. That's over 1/2 lb a week. That's a calorie deficit of over 1500 a week. Compare that to the situation of many of us, beforehand....where we were actually always gradually gaining. For me, standing still is always an achievement!

Many, many congratulations. You have done a super job. Well done!
  • renata_williams
    renata_williams Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was sad to see the negative comment BUT the true supporters came in like a fleet!!! Great job to you and keep up the good work...your journey is just that , YOUR JOURNEY. Be proud of what you've accomplished and the fact that you started. You go!
  • boboff
    boboff Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    trolling?

And middle aged men, you thoughtless, self centered nasty little man.

If you were continually confronted with people who told you exactly what they think of you, I think you might understand that sometimes, think it, stop, reflect, choose not to be a fool. It's called being 10.
  • April_Christine
    April_Christine Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Happy 1 year!!! And congrats....you look fabulous!!....and I bet you feel GREAT!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!