Don't talk or text at the gym on the equipment!!!!

Options
Anyone else agree? DRIVES ME CRAZY to see people sitting & chatting away WHILE they are on the piece of equipment that I need. UGH!!! When I step in the gym, I am in workout mode. Ear buds go in, music goes up, and I'm ready to get 'er done! WORK OUT or GET OUT people! ~:-P

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    ya I hate it, my gym even has signs up that say please stay off phones.. Seriously you can detach yourself for an hour from your phone..
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I text on the Elliptical, especially when I slow down and take a breather for a couple minutes. I'm still working my *kitten* off, but I don't see the harm in checking messages once and a while. People who are TALKING on the phone can be annoying and distracting though.

If someone is using a machine I want to use, I make it clear. I just go up to them and flash a smile and ask when they'll be done. Most people are very friendly and will finish up their reps a bit quicker if they know you're waiting.
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I just joined a gym recently so I'm finding considerable enjoyment out of realizing what I might be doing to piss off other people.

I will often text during my walking warmup - usually to my sis-in-law telling her to get her *kitten* down to the gym with me.

I can understand loud conversations while on the machines, but if the person is texting, why should you care??
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Well I think it's annoying when I see girls doing 5 lbs on the leg press while texting... I'm no jerk, but I go right up to them and ask them how many sets they have left. I work out at a small Y so it's completely normal for guys to ask one another how many sets are left since we only have a few sets of equipment.

If they see that you're serious about working out and they are just farting around they will wrap up pretty quick lol
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I use my phone to listen to music, so i possibly look like im playing on my phone but i'm generally skipping tracks.

same here
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    ill use my phone if its necessary my phone is how i listen to music so its with me anyway and if it rings yes im going to answer it although unless its an emergency i will say i cant talk right now. i dont really care if it annoys people tho they should be concentrating on getting their sweat on :P
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I personally don't care what you're doing...

Unless you pee on me...
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Full on phone calls sure, not a place for them. However I log my sets, weight and reps as I'm done with an exercise so I could less if it annoys someone.

Same I log mine as I go, and sometimes change up my routine, but this is all on my phone in an app. It also counts my rests between sets for me and beeps over my music so oh well if I annoy someone because I am looking at my phone.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    i think she's probably referring to people doing this in the weight room. when there's limited equipment available and someone's spending more time than they should between reps talking or texting, it's inconsiderate and rude. my husband called me while i was benching one time at a busy hour of the day. i re-racked my weights and left the room. ain't nobody got time for that.