Are you 100% honest with your food diary?

Options

Replies

• catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    For the most part, yes. I don't always add gum though and other things under 10 calories. I also never add my exercise in and I exercise at least 6 days/week
  • hellokittyykat
    hellokittyykat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes! Unless I take a nibble or take a small bite out of something. No point in counting it if you ask me.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything that is 0 calories, or the occasional 1 bite that I take just to taste something. Everything else gets logged.
  • lynzbeaner
    lynzbeaner Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes. At first I didn't want to log the alcohol, because it Seems like a lot...but it helps me to adjust my diet and exercise more if and when I endulge.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    yes, all except unsweetened green tea and an occasional black coffee, rest i log , even a tbsp of mango pickle, or psyllium husk..
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Yup, cause then I can see if anything needs to be adjusting. I am focusing on protein intake and experimenting with different foods to see what works best, and I can't have an accurate record if I'm not honest. I don't log tea because I don't add anything, I do log coffee even if it's black, it's hardly worth it for 5 cals but I do it anyway.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Absolutely everything.

I hate the days i really go over though...i tend not to hit that 'Complete' button so it doesn't show on my wall lol.

But its for my own record, and my own benefit by logging everything. How are we to learn if we aren't true to ourselves?
  • mantis180
    Options
    Yes, I'm honest with it, otherwise what would be the point of monitoring it or recording anything, if I dont record all of it?
  • Csengure
    Csengure Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes! I track gum, for crying out loud. But for me I can either be honest and private or public and paranoid about judgment from others, so I keep mine locked down tight.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Yes! I track gum, for crying out loud. But for me I can either be honest and private or public and paranoid about judgment from others, so I keep mine locked down tight.

i SO hear that. I don't need people chipping in about WHAT I eat. I know what i was eating last time I was happy with my body therefore I know what works for me :) I'm still stuck a little on this calorie thingo though lol
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I hate the days i really go over though...i tend not to hit that 'Complete' button so it doesn't show on my wall lol.

Same! lol
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Yes, I log everything I eat and as accurately as possible. My food diary is for my own benefit, so it's to my advantage to be honest and accurate.
  • Katrinadionne1808
    Options
    100% honest - I actually posted something similar the other week as I thought my diary looked huge!

Even sauces should be recorded - it's suprising just how many calories condiments contain! and things like beverages - these definitely need to be tracked - I saw McD's in the US had a St. Patricks shake with over 800 calories!!!! I had a lucozade the otehr day and it was 310 cals, I was gutted as it completely messed my calories up for that day so where possible I try stick to green teat (0 calories) and dilute juice (2 calories).

I'd rather add it all then when the weight isn't dropping off I can look back and see that i added 150 cals worth of condiments and then think - do i really need that?
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yes I log everything no matter how badly I binge lol! Last night I was 732 cals over but I logged every last one of them, no point in lying to myself and then wondering what went wrong when I haven't lost any weight.
  • jmparis65
    jmparis65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you're not honest with yourself about this, then you're setting yourself up for failure if you ask me.

Admitting you need to lose weight, especially when it's large amounts, being honest about not only your situation but what you're actually putting in your mouth is vitally important.

You need to hold yourself accountable, you can't do that if you can't even be honest with yourself.
  • Katrinadionne1808
    Options
    How can tea or coffee be 200 calories if you don't sweeten them?

depends on size, type of coffee as an example and the type of milk you use.
  • kathiewoods3
    kathiewoods3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes, it only hurts myself when I am not honest. I am on here so that I can be accountable to others as well as myself, so being honest is key.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    no
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yes, I track it all, even if I forget to track it on mfp, I have a marker board on my fridge I track it with. No reason to bother with it if I'm not going to track everything.