Are you 100% honest with your food diary?

Options

Replies

• MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    C:\Users\t_murphy\Desktop\Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown meme oh jesus it's a fire.jpg
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    F**k...I don't know how to post a photo, apparently.

Yes and no, I try but some things are just ridiculous.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Mostly. But not miniscule things like a spray of Pam or a dash of seasoning for recipes.

This. I weigh my food and measure it as best as I can. Sometimes I guesstimate if I am eating out, but I try my best.
  • AmykHyde
    AmykHyde Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes and no- while I don't add the pam or use an exact scale all the time, I do scan my products and I setup my meals for the whole week so I am ready to just add them each day. Meal planning is important for me to keep up with my diet and tracking.
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yes because otherwise what is the point to log on calories? I am doing it for myself, not for others...
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    As close as possible. Cheating or not recording only hurts you.
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I try to, but sometimes I don't make it to my computer before I crash for the night. Then by the next morning I forget some of the items I ate the day before. When I first started I logged everything. I have relaxed a little and need to get back to my strict discipline...
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Definitely otherwise you are only cheating yourself.
  • KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    When I was on here last year (recently started again to lose my final 15), I recorded every little thing that passed my lips. This includes vitamins, gum, etc. And it worked because I lost 30+lbs.
  • Dobie76
    Dobie76 Posts: 17
    Options
    I log it all including my vitamins (mostly to keep track of the fact I've taken them) to a point. I don't log spices. I want to maintain accountability and if I don't log it I'm only lying to myself. I remember one day I logged the 23 calories from the two cheetos I snuck from my daughter. It shocked me that it was that many calories for just two of those little things. From then I decided I didn't want to get too crazy with the logging so I keep the cheetos revelation in mind every time I think of sneaking a little bit of something. If I don't want to log it then I probably shouldn't be eating it int the first place.
  • murphinchina
    Options
    Well, since most listed nutritional info is an estimate anyway... how to answer? I guess, don't stress over every little bite. When I use the info listed on MFP I look for several entries and usually go with the median. If only 2 I go with the higher one and when I guesstimate, I guess high.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • ThisNewFitGirl
    ThisNewFitGirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I try to, just so i'm not kidding myself, the little things really add up and I think that can be a really big problem that I dont always take notice to.
  • elinormcl
    elinormcl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, I think you need to, why keep a diary otherwise? I find the best way to lose weight is to write down everything you eat as you can easily forget somethings that you eat ... otherwise its cheating, and who are you cheating .. yourself??
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    When I log (in maintenance mode, I go weeks without logging then log for a while to refocus), I try to log every calorie...even gum, breath mints, crystal light, etc. Some days are better than others on the non-caloric items such as diet sodas.
  • ninjakowski
    ninjakowski Posts: 158
    Options
    99% honest. I dont log vitamins, spices and sometimes I dont bother with any really low calorie condiments if I know I'm not going to go over on calories. I'm not trying to lose anymore so I dont think it matters so much. Mostly just a matter of time, I'm not wasting my time looking up all sorts of different little things just for 10 calories.
  • JennNH12
    JennNH12 Posts: 56
    Options
    I do log everything. Well, not vitamins. But other than that I always log everything. I NEED to see the numbers at the end of the day. If I lie, or pad it or leaves something out I am pretty much leaving myself in danger of messing up. If I can lie to my food diary, I am now not being honest to myself. I also.....dont give a crap about what others think when they see my diary. If I ask for some sort of help people need to see what I am eating to help me and make educated decisions.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Not any more. I long almost everything but don't bother with things like the Crystal Light I mix with my water or the chewing gum I occasionally have. I may be off by 100 calories doing this but I usually have plenty of room in my daily goals.
  • ChristinaD2
    Options
    Absolutely... Otherwise it would seem pointless. If I slip-up and eat junk, it'll be on there. Usually, that knowledge inspires me to make a better choice, but not always ;D
  • ZETAZEN
    ZETAZEN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I record everything except seasonings. All the seasonings I use are salt free and 0 calories.