15 year age difference in dating.

Options

Replies

• Jen_ht
    Jen_ht Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 32 and I'm 25 - we don't give it half a thought...apart from when he references some TV from the 80s and I have to remind him I wasn't born until 88! Naw, but I've been out with guys my age and it just didn't work out. We didn't have the same life goals, I've always been mature for my age so me and my bloke see eye to eye more than anyone else I've ever met.
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    in 20 and my boyfriend is 28 and its going great :) go for it id say
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    I'm definitely going to just roll with it and see where it ends up.

With the younger woman/older man relationships on here, did the future ever scare you?

When you're 25 and your partner is 40, it doesn't seem like it would matter too much. But, it seems that might become a bigger deal when your partner gets older and older.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My husband is 20 years older than me. I still make him take the trash out.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm dating someone 15 years older than me and it is the best relationship I've ever had. I say go with it and enjoy it.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    My husband is almost 7 years younger (he just turning 30 and I was 36 when we met).

The only thing you should seriously consider (in regards to settling down with an "older" woman) is whether or not its important to you to have children (or more children, if either or both of you already have any).

Age is only a number but I am going to agree with what Heidi said about the children aspect. She is no spring chicken and if having children of your own is important to you, you need to take that into consideration. I know too many people who have been where you are. Dating someone within a 10-15 year age difference and one or more parties changed their mind on having children as the years went on. It's usually a deal breaker. If you want to cross that bridge in time, then go for it and have fun!

"YOU GO GLEN COCO!" :happy:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I'm dating someone 15 years older than me and it is the best relationship I've ever had. I say go with it and enjoy it.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options

With the younger woman/older man relationships on here, did the future ever scare you?

When you're 25 and your partner is 40, it doesn't seem like it would matter too much. But, it seems that might become a bigger deal when your partner gets older and older.

I may be the odd man out on this, but guard your heart. I don't have a good feeling, but I think you should do what you want. Age is no big deal though.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I only go for men who are within 3 weeks of my age. Any greater age difference creates too large a pool to choose from and I get overwhelmed.

I do have to wonder whether the woman would be flattered by your post on this forum. I know if I was dating someone that put this out there for an internet forum to scrutinize, my dating pool would shrink by one. It isn't flattering to call a woman "high maintenance." That's the same as calling her a "demanding pain in the rear." Now, if you're trying to say she outclasses you, that's an entirely different matter. Women like to hear that they outclass their playthings.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Good lord man, don't date this older woman.

She might want to take advantage of your youth and do disgusting things with you like: have a social life, good conversation or even....great sex! The horror!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Good lord man, don't date this older woman.

She might want to take advantage of your youth and do disgusting things with you like: have a social life, good conversation or even....great sex! The horror!

just from your age difference, i can tell that she's too smart for you.

45 > 30

it's simple math. you should break up.
  • Fighterwithin83
    Options
    When I was 19 I dated a 38 year old... Bad news... I was young and indecisive about what I wanted in life and he was just looking for a second chance at marriage and children, I don't blame him, I just wasn't the one. As long as you lay all your cards out on the table and are honest to yourself and to her (sounds like what you're doing) I would say run with it, go have your fun, and who cares what anyone else thinks :-)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I like the women replying about them being younger than hubby, it's a common thing for the husband to be much older.

It doesn't matter regardless if the woman is older or younger than the man. Though, I only threw in the bit about my cousin because of the number of years....how many people date someone older than their parents, even if it is only by a year or two?

Not sure where you live but almost anywhere in the Western hemisphere an older lady dating a much younger guy is viewed with judgement sadly. So it might not matter in a nude beach in Argentina but in a social gathering in random town US it will raise an eyebrow or two.

If you are a rich dude, you can date younger ladies no questions ask, hell in some cases it's celebrate like the Playboy guy. So, it more common for men to be older than it is for women.

As far as older than their parents then we are talking 23+ years older on average, that is a much bigger gap than 15.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Who cares how old she is?

I have dated guys 10 years older than me and I have never had any problems, we broke up for various reasons - none of which were age related. If you like her, she likes you, you have things in common I say give it a shot, it could be the best thing you ever did. If you back out you may always wonder .
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

You too will continue to get older and older. Aging is not a deal breaker.
  • lirpamc
    lirpamc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are 15 years apart. (I'm 38 and he'll be 53) He's the first person I dated that I had SO much in common with. He's the love of my life and I wouldn't trade our relationship for anything!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Age is NOT just a number. It carries with it some practicalities that complicate relationships. The question is: do you want a relationship with this woman or just a fling?

If you do not intend to be with her long-term (and she knows that and is okay with that), then do what you want. You're both adults. You don't need anyone's permission or approval to have a fling.

But if you like her enough that you could see yourself becoming serious, then you need to think long and hard about whether or not she can give you what you are looking for down the road. You're already asking about "the future," which indicates to me that you see yourself with her for more than just a passing romance. You say you don't want to get married or have kids right now, but in 5 years, you might have a very different view, and she's going to be over 50, unable (and probably unwilling) to have any more children, and heading into grandmother territory. That is why age is not just a number, especially when the woman is the older one. It presents real issues.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    One of the cooler benefits of the older woman/younger man setup is that we generally outlive you guys anyway, so if you're talking long-term relationship...you are likely to have more years together :love:
  • kyleesartwell
    Options
    I would say go for it! Since both of you are consenting adults and in agreement with the arrangement, more power to you!
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My current bf is 20 years older than me and he's the best thing that has ever happened to me. Yes, it's a lot of fun to make fun of the age different and lots of friends and family get in on the teasing but we are crazy about each other so it doesn't bother us.