What do you 'hate' about being fat?

Options

Replies

• Raavynn
    Raavynn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I dont like how all I see in the media are these women with teeny tiny waists and mine has gotten so out of control since having kids. No my measurements aren't huge but they're bigger than I want them to be. I don't feel like I compare. That being said the hubby will still gladly chase me around the room.
  • littlecrystal
    littlecrystal Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Rubbing inside thighs
    Being the fattest at work
    Looking awful in the pictures
    Visiting my home county where I am always afraid to meet long-unseen relatives and friends, who will think how fat I have become
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I did write out things I hate about being overweight, but then I decided to delete it/ edit it out. I don't think we need to add any more negativity to being 'bigger'. I feel its better to focus on what makes you feel GOOD about LOSING your weight. Lets not dwell on the negative and think about what we have to look forward to, and how far we have come!
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Clothes shopping.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    MY CHUNKY CHEEKS!!! They disgust me actually.. and my neck. I always have to distort my neck in pictures not to lookl ike i have 3 of them
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Airplanes, not feeling comfortable in public, clothes shopping, missing doing things with my family because I am too uncomfortable to go out in public or too unfit to run around with them, not feeling comfortable swimming/shirt off, the bad example I set for my children who are in shape thank god, not being more attractive, getting tired golfing or doing any physical activity and not feeling flexible.

In general feeling I have been missing out on what my life could be and what I would want it to be. By the way many of these things are gone already for me but definitely not the taking my shirt off/swimming yet by any means.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    GOing to the doctor and getting on the scale...
    Not feeling healthy
  • NextChapter60
    NextChapter60 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Dressing room mirrors.
  • santd
    santd Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    BEING IN PAIN ALL OF THE TIME WITH MY JOINTS.
    NOT LOOKING NICE IN ANY NEW CLOTHES, OR FINDING SOMETHING THAT FITS WELL. .
    FEELING UNCOMFORTABLE.
    FEELING SELF-CONSCIENCE
    HATING MYSELF.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I hated feeling so uncomfortable with myself, never being able to look a guy in the eye and not being able to just put on a set of clothing and leave the house. Something always fit horribly - the top of jeans would cut into my belly, and my back fat would show through in shirts, my neck fat (yes, neck fat) would show through in tops cut low on the back collar. I just sort of sank into my chair and felt tired and achy all the time.
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Oh so much! First thing that comes to mind is (this might fall under the T.M.I. label) that my thighs rub together and wear out my jeans on the top of the inseam. Ugh! I can't wait to wear skinny jeans one day with no overflow...

Also...feeling and looking older than I really am.

And finally: avoiding swimming. I want my body back so I can swim again without shame and without a bathing suit that has a 'skirt' on the bottom. I mean, seriously, I am not even 40 yet!!!
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness... Everything. Having boobs that I can't look over when I'm laying down. Being able to shop in plus sized stores. Looking for a size 14 at American Eagle and coming up short almost every time. Looking like an ice cream cone in skinny jeans. Most of all, my fiance telling me how sexy and beautiful I am and not being able to believe him, and thinking he's just saying that to make me feel better about myself when he actually believes it. That's the worst part.
  • schreck44
    Options
    Feeling uncomfortable, unhealthy, feeling like a blob, have a closet full of jeans I can't fit into right now! Just not having self confidence!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I hate feeling like I'm 76 when I'm 36!
  • nicolej1016
    Options
    Amen! My 9 year old (!) daughter informed me that I am not 'stylish'!!! If only she knew what once was... I can wait to de-frump my rump!!!
  • nicolej1016
    Options
    Auntie MC, awesome weight loss! Way to go and so inspiring for me.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Im not fat overwieght first ,only thing I dont like is well not being as healthy and probbaly having to find clothes that hide my post baby tummy. but after losing 21 plus its shrank considerably.Havent had to wear any shapewear my daughters are 1yr and 2.5 good time frame reference.
  • nicolej1016
    Options
    Hi there...I am new to MFP. If there is a way to 'add friends' and the group of you want to add me, I would be delighted. :smile:
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    The increase in my boobies. I hate them. I was a near A when I was skinny, now I'm a C. Hate them hate them
  • girlbiker61
    Options
    Diminished energy! Really don't care much about size and how I "look". My motivation is to get my energy back :)