I believe that Paleo/Primal/Clean eaters belong to a cult.

Options

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Apparently they did a study and concluded that one of the main side effects of paleo/primal/clean eating lifestyle is that your head grows bigger and you lose the ability to talk about anything else with your friends.

They're currently doing the same study with Crossfit as well.

LOL, yep
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there are some cult-like similarities, and I guess it can be fun to call them cultists if you like... But I think it does a disservice to the term when there are actual, harmful cults out there--such as the one many celebrities belong to.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Yupe... got to love those Canadians! They are willing to still supply us with twinkies!
  • kimmae17
    kimmae17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    personally i dont care what people eat, i stick with what works for me. And it happens to be paleo inspired. But if i am the only person I know eating paleo, am I in a cult and dont even know it!???! crap!
  • MissKris14
    MissKris14 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

you might be a cult, too..

(might have made a typo..ahem!)

ROFL!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to join a cult.

Give me a few minutes. I'll make one up. You can be my first disciple.

Sweet, I am completely willing to drink the Kool-Aid, I'll even mix it for you.

What flavor? Because I might want in on this.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mdsyhjpBJi1rnvwt1.gif
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    So by your definitions, every religious organization is a cult, football fans are a cult, people that watch celebrity gossip are a colt.

aka, you're dumb.

insults are against the community guidelines. you can get a strike for that.

6. No Intentionally Hurtful Topics

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

You honestly think posting this to the main forum was a good idea and wont start controversy? LOL

Also, for you do be correct you also need to prove that Paleo is "based on dogma" AND prove that its just a FAD. Neither of which I believe are true. Nice try though.

Dogma is the official system of belief or doctrine held by a religion, or a particular group or organization.[1] It serves as part of the primary basis of an ideology or belief system, and it cannot be changed or discarded without affecting the very system's paradigm, or the ideology itself.

yep. paleo's based on dogma

So theres is only 1 paleo diet and 1 paleo diet only? FAIL
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    people that watch celebrity gossip are a colt.

???
    Colts.jpg

For the win!
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options
    personally i dont care what people eat, i stick with what works for me. And it happens to be paleo inspired. But if i am the only person I know eating paleo, am I in a cult and dont even know it!???! crap!

Obviously, someone implanted a chip somewhere along the line. Why else would you be eating healthy?!
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options

you might be a cult, too..

(might have made a typo..ahem!)

You win the thread
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options
    people that watch celebrity gossip are a colt.

???
    Colts.jpg

OMGYES.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to buy your paleo approved protein powder(processed junk food?) and slather your wings in paleo BBQ sauce just like they did in the Paleo epoch.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    b : the object of such devotion
    c : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

HECK YEAH! i'm characterized by devotion b/c I do paleo - Guess that means I have some sweet willpower and strong character traits to move me in a direction of doing something I believe is healthy for me
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    rcocW_zpsefed09e3.gif

Wow, WV, nice work. :flowerforyou:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm in the crazy cat lady cult. It's really fun and we just talk about cats and dress them up
    ADDCF777-ABE0-4CF8-95B0-2FD83BB83E42-1391-000000AAF35A248D_zps5171e58b.jpg
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    My name is Natalee and I am an unclean eater. I bet I can beat you all in a 5k too! And I ate twinkies yesterday... hahaha! For all you people bashing cupcakes!

you're awesome. :drinker:

Umm.. where did you find twinkies?? Those things are like Gold since hostess went bankrupt.
  • alex066
    alex066 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Masterful trolling by OP.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Bump. I want to reply to this, but first I need to get dinner going.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    CULTivate!!!!

cultofSkaroSmall.jpg
This discussion has been closed.