I believe that Paleo/Primal/Clean eaters belong to a cult.

Options

Replies

• mllst18
    mllst18 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    So, I guess the question then becomes, who is making the punch?! :laugh:
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Don't feed the Troll! hahaha

no-troll-feeding.jpg
  • rdpage90
    rdpage90 Posts: 13
    Options
    Chuck Norris is a cult.
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I guess that makes the OP the leader of the Anti-Paleo cult? Whatever. To quote the OP, "Stop wasting the internets!"
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    1-6 pages, in less than an hour. Well done OP

flame-o.gif
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Don't feed the Troll! hahaha

no-troll-feeding.jpg

I am going to have nightmares about this picture...
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    part of a cult and proud !!!!!

goodbye haterz.
  • whatascene
    whatascene Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I can never forgive the cupcake bashing I have seen here today.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Apparently our stone-age forbears got much of their protein from insects and bugs. Bet they don't make it into any of those best-selling diet books.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    So by your definitions, every religious organization is a cult, football fans are a cult, people that watch celebrity gossip are a colt.

aka, you're dumb.

Nope, I'm a filly.

filly.jpg
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    people that watch celebrity gossip are a colt.

???
    Colts.jpg

For the win!

Yesss!

Lots of institutions are, by definition, cults. It's not necessarily a negative term. The term doesn't denote falsity or invalidate the institution. It does specify that others not belonging to the cult often perceive its beliefs as odd, unorthodox, or evil, which is true for lots of institutions.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    If something someone is doing is bringing them joy, they feel it is improving their lives and health, why not let them have it? Not everyone has to do the same things, like the same things, follow the same paths to achieve their goals. What happened to live and let live? How could it possibly negatively impact you if someone else is living a paleo/primal/clean eating plan? I was under the distinct impression these forums – this site – was to help people in their pursuits of good health, to offer resources and support. The rampant negativity espoused by this post and other like it say infinitely more about the characters of those individuals starting and perpetuating them than they could ever say about people who have a developed a passion for something they truly believe is making them better people. Shame on you, OP.

Because if they kept it to themselves that would be one thing. Unfortunately I found my husband "looking into dieting" for me online one day and when he espoused some general principles of something he was reading I flippantly mentioned oh that sounds like that Paleo stuff I've been hearing about. ( i was currently counting cals and that sparked his interest in "looking into dieting" i guess.) He quickly clicked onto the Paleo channel of online everything just as in the past he has latched onto cleanses/vegetarianism/veganism/ and any number of this or that food is bad for you and banned in our home. He has since been beating me over the head like a caveman with the paleo, even though I have already enjoyed success at the rate I expected with my current plan which I began before him.

It was rocky and hellish to watch him try and reject so many paleo foods as unstomachable. It was worrysome to watch his meals get smaller and mood get crankier as he struggled to find foods he could actually stomach that fit that plan. His mood has been horrendous. His language has become insane. The claims have become ridiculous. His whole life has had to change since he no longer trusted me to know what to cook for him or how and is now forgetting to do regular chores in favor of having complete and total control over his meals/purchasing/prep/serving. I, on the other hand can at will incorporate any of his paleo meals into my cals counting anytime he feels like sharing or makes too much. He however cannot partake of anything he wants because "paleo". I've asked him for the book, there appears to be no sole source or even way to do it. Apparently you are free to mish mosh it to your needs.

I tried researching it in the beginning to know what to cook for him and every single suggestion EVERY SINGLE ONE was knocked down for some reason or other. It seems that unless I am actually doing paleo, I could not possibly figure it out. In the latest news he has 3 people at work starting to do it because of him. Apparently they have been "inspired" by him and his changes. (he was already at a normal slender weight, but has started lifting a little and looks less pudgy and more muscular and rosier). Anyone wanna take a guess how many of these "inspired" people are women? Because I have a hard time imagining a man going up to my husband and saying "Oh, you are such an inspiration" or "oh you inspire me". Stay tuned for the next installments of how cavemen get divorced and do cavemen cheat and do cavemen have to pay the same child support as regular men. Because he is currently acting like a man who has found a new fling and the current wife is caulk-blocking and her mere existence has become an annoyance.

So that's why SOME people can't just look the other way. It's because SOME cavemen won't let them. I venture to add that my limited knowledge of paleo and mentioning it to him on that regretful day was from people on here since I was spending my time here horsing around and inputting my cals so I otherwise wouldn't have known about it or been in this mess. Thanks Paleo dieters. Learn to keep my mouth shut next time in front of my fad extreme diet seeking mate.

DISCLAIMER: This was in no way an attack on any of you paleo eaters. It was simply a response to above "why can't you just leave them be" attitude, explaining with my own experience, exactly why at least one person cannot ignore it. currently I am trying, and he tries to ignore my devilish trashy evil eating and thus we are now in our separate corners until the next round. the end.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    So by your definitions, every religious organization is a cult, football fans are a cult, people that watch celebrity gossip are a colt.

aka, you're dumb.

insults are against the community guidelines. you can get a strike for that.

6. No Intentionally Hurtful Topics

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

You honestly think posting this to the main forum was a good idea and wont start controversy? LOL

Also, for you do be correct you also need to prove that Paleo is "based on dogma" AND prove that its just a FAD. Neither of which I believe are true. Nice try though.

Dogma is the official system of belief or doctrine held by a religion, or a particular group or organization.[1] It serves as part of the primary basis of an ideology or belief system, and it cannot be changed or discarded without affecting the very system's paradigm, or the ideology itself.

yep. paleo's based on dogma

So theres is only 1 paleo diet and 1 paleo diet only? FAIL

Oh I'm not claiming that. But it IS a belief system - we have no way of knowing how paleo man ate. I only have one problem withthe concept, and that's that paleo man ate a mostly meat based diet (as put forth by http://thepaleodiet.com). I believe that the paleo man got a lot of calories from carbs in foraged tubers. Doc Cordian doesn't seem to have room for that in his dogma.

Edit: I accidentally a word.
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options
    tumblr_m338f56DRU1ruui9xo1_250.gif
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

aka, you're dumb.

By definition they are look at a Chicago fan. I'd say they are one step away from drinking the kool-aid. And have you ever seen a Justin Bieber fan in complete tears because they see their Messiah walking onto the stage.

I agree with the OP cult mentality. I've heard the next comet is coming soon better get ready so you dont miss the spaceship.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Speaking of cults.

cult.jpg
  • kcallas88
    kcallas88 Posts: 192
    Options
    I just wanted to point out, that I'm...

h2562A3CE

Second this
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Apparently our stone-age forbears got much of their protein from insects and bugs. Bet they don't make it into any of those best-selling diet books.

BWAHAHA I crown you MFP Queen for the day. How come no one is hard core advocating an insect based diet?
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Unwavering deference to an idea without questioning its underlying principles is very sinister indeed; oftentimes such fealty turns into belief. A mind that is structured on blind belief is inherently resistant to change, and will quickly stagnate.

That being said, this thread is absolute nonsense.... name calling based on the kinds of food that people prefer to ingest.
This discussion has been closed.