What do you 'hate' about being fat?

Options

Replies

• Eyesblu
    Eyesblu Posts: 60
    Options
    thighs rub together...soon no more of that !
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    your post sounds just like what I say to myself

if you are interested in adding friends for the weight loss journey...please feel welcome to add me

I have just started and have 95 lbs to lose - and am only 5 ft tall!

I have been married 15 years and have a wonderful hubby (who runs and can eat anything and stay in the same size pants for 15 years!!!) and two great kids :)
  • Francesca3434
    Options
    my face!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Having boobs !!! I hate them I never had them and I am more than ready to see them go lol

:cry: Your mean an cruel!! :cry:
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Having boobs !!! I hate them I never had them and I am more than ready to see them go lol

:cry: You're mean and cruel!! :cry:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I hate that everyone thinks they know more about you about everything. Just. Cause. I'm. Fat.
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    So many things!

I couldnt walk up stairs
    I couldnt walk long distances
    I found it hard to get up and dance even when i wanted to
    I felt like every one was leaving me behind
    I couldnt do things my friends were doing
    I automatically looked at energetic things and went "uh-uh, it aint happening"
    I wouldnt try things
    I wouldnt get off the couch
    I was always exhausted
    I couldnt go out and buy clothes from a normal shop. I still cant but I will soon.
    I was (and still am) embarrased to go clothes shopping with friends. In fact have never done it.
    There were sports I wanted to do that I couldnt do eg Scuba Diving. I have a PADI card now

To be honest the limitations could go on for pages but that will do for a starter. You dont realise until you have lost a bit of weight that you had effectively put yourself inside a "fat" jail. You automatically found all your options limited and I guess for the sake of laziness you just accepted it.

I'm losing weight and I have a long way to go still but it feels like the world is opening up to me in ways that I hadnt even imagined. I never thought about this stuff until the weight began to drop off.

Viva la weight loss :)
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.....what don't I like? Well all of it....but for starters....I hate how my pants wear out on the inner thinghs first because my chubby thighs rub together! I have actually had to patch a pair of my favorite jeans!! I hate how I feel like I am constantly "sucking it in" so people don't think badly about me...I hate worrying about whether or not I will have a second chin in the picture that was just taken....or how huge I look compared to my tiny friends....Oh man, I could go on and on, but the worst is staring into a closet full of clothes that I will NEVER look amazing in, because I am just too big :(
    I sooo relate to what you just wrote! Me to a 'T'!
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    deleting or not sharing photos with me and my son because I have a double chin or look fat in the photos (even tho he is so darn cute and want to share him with the world!). Also feeling depressed when I'm having a "fat day" and nothing looks good on me!

* Ditto on the jeans wearing out in the thights
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I hate hate hate looking in the mirror. How I look in pictures. Funny how I'll think I look good in the mirror and then snap goes the camera and I look hideous. I always think people are looking at all the jello areas of my body, especially my husband. And I hate the feeling of not feeling pretty enough, cause when I look around me, there's so many pretty, slim woman.
    I agree with you, I don't usually think about it until I see myself in a picture and then I'm so disgusted with looking that way. My boyfriend has a picture of my daughter and I on the beach (winter) and all I can see is how fat I am. It's his favorite picture; weird.
  • lmd1676
    lmd1676 Posts: 17
    Options
    1. My BIG boobs! I want them to be a tad smaller.
    2. My BIG butt! I want it to be a little more toned.
    3. My Thighs! They aren't so big when I lay down but when I stand I feel like they are bigger than my butt... :/
    4. My stomach! I want to get rid of the love handles and flatten my stomach.

All four of these things are the major reasons why I feel unattractive and fat. :'(
  • KatieBuggs1985
    KatieBuggs1985 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My biggest thing is not being able to get up and run around with my daughter like I want to. My mom was overweight and I was an only child so I never really had anyone to play with. I don't want my daughter to feel like she was gipped out of her childhood or time with her mom! I'm doing this for her! :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start off by saying that I absolutely love myself. In saying that, I don't find that I hate being fat. I dislike not feeling healthy. Because I dislike not being able to move as quickly or have enough energy to carry around the body that I created, I feel it is time to make some changes.
    I love your response it gives me hope to love myself again... :heart:

sadly though the first thing to pop in my head?
    Everything.
  • mbrummer
    mbrummer Posts: 24
    Options
    -Two particular Kindergarteners in my class that seem to ask me once a week why my belly is so big. Do I have a baby in there? Is it full of food? Or did I drink to much water. LMAO

-Lack of trendy clothes. I am not 60 years old, I do not like flowerdy big *kitten* shirts that one wash shrinks them to belly shirts.(not a stab at anyone who is 60 and likes flowerdy shirts) ;)

-Everyone telling me that when I get skinny my sex life will be better. LOL. My husband typically has comments for that one. And I wasn't complaining in the first place. :)

I love myself and might sound vain but think I am beautiful, want to make the change to be around for the long haul.
  • gohsman21
    gohsman21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Back Fat. Shortness of Breath from walking up the stairs. Lack of energy.
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    When I lay down at night and skin touches skin in my mid section. That means it is diet time!!!
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    taking pics
    hot summers in texas
    not being able to wear the clothes i like ...and just because they make them in my size doesnt mean i should wear them!
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I hate hate hate looking in the mirror. How I look in pictures. Funny how I'll think I look good in the mirror and then snap goes the camera and I look hideous. I always think people are looking at all the jello areas of my body, especially my husband. And I hate the feeling of not feeling pretty enough, cause when I look around me, there's so many pretty, slim woman.
    I agree with you, I don't usually think about it until I see myself in a picture and then I'm so disgusted with looking that way. My boyfriend has a picture of my daughter and I on the beach (winter) and all I can see is how fat I am. It's his favorite picture; weird.

wow i feel the same way!!! i will look at myself in the mirror think i look good .sometimes even great and then i see a pic and hate it. i feel like i have an extra 30 lbs on the pic!
  • chunkadoo
    chunkadoo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Having to suck in to button jeans, then having to worry about the button popping open after you sit down..
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    That what I see in the mirror is chubby but in my head I'm still like I was when I was fit and more attractive.

That my boobs are bigger... Really they were perfectly sized before.

That I can't wear (or don't have the confidence to wear) some really cute flattering outfits.

That I get winded easily when I shouldn't.

That I know it took years to gain this much and now it's not something I can fix overnight... Why didn't I fix it earlier! Oh, right, because I was stressed to the max... Fixed the stress, now battling this.

That the skinny new nurse at the doctor's office a year ago gasped because she wasn't expecting that number on a scale for someone my height.

That the doctor probably thinks I wasn't trying hard enough because I stopped taking Phentermine (so not worth it) and then gained more that year instead of losing.

That my favorite outfits are too small.

That I'm not as attractive without clothes on as I was before--and it's not an age thing!

This exactly!! Couldn't have said it any better.