Things that suck about losing weight...

Options

Replies

• sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    My skinny sister in law saying "YOU wanna be 135?? I'm 135, and your tall!!" sooooo.....my weightloss makes you uncomfortable? I actually get that A LOT, everyone freaks about my goal weight....except my awesome husband!:love:
  • 1lisalou
    1lisalou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That comment drives me nuts! I think people think it a compliment but, no. I know how I want to look, it is not an unrealistic goal and if I am eating healthy, exercising and losing weight, then why do I not need to lose more. I lost 40 pounds and was a size 4. I was not "skinny" at all! still had plenty of fat on my thighs and rear. People continually said, you look great you don't need to keep going. Well, I wasn't going to show them a pic of naked to prove them wrong so, I just said, "thank you". They headed for fast food on their lunch hour and I ate healthy in my office. Don't tell me I look good so I will hit the McDonalds drive thru with you for lunch!
  • armstrong71
    armstrong71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My butt hurts sssssoooo much !!! Everytime I sit for any amount of time my tail bone gets so sore. It makes driving somewhere quite uncomfortable. Anyone know if this gets better over time ????
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Things flap now.
    Arms flap. Thigh meat flaps. Stomach flap flaps.

I do Jillian's 30 day shred and it sounds like I have an audience clapping for me. loudly. :blushing:

Some clothes don't fit, others do. Some things are waaaaaay too big and fall off me, others fit weird, buy new clothes and they fit weird...Not sure of my size, just dont want to find out...somewhere between 18-20 (19.5, maybe?)

People ask me "oh, youre trying to lose weight? why?" hello, you dont see this 282lb im carrying around? it aint for fashion!

People see I'm losing and say: "oh, what pill are you on?" this new one called "diet and exercise" man, its working like a charm!

Fellow fat people see me working out or eating right and they say: "oh, I cant do that. Im just gonna cut back and ill lose" while biting burger or inhaling fries. Yeah. Let me know how that works out.

People who make stupid comments about my goal. i tell them that I want to be 165, or a size 6-8, whichever one comes first (I was a solid 10 at 185) and they say "oh thats too small, you will be good at about a 14" yeah, thats still overweight and unhealthy. thats not what I want.

I just want to wear a tshirt that says: "yes, im losing weight. No, you cant comment. Have a great day!"

I love everything about this post.. freakin' golden, all of it!! I'm totally with you on the "Oh you'll be good at (insert their idea here.)" Seriously!? Haha!
  • newloafofbread
    newloafofbread Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Don't know if anyone has this problem... but I'm actually looking forward to my boobs getting a lot smaller, because they're awkward and (I think) ugly and uncomfortable. I can't find a coat that will button over these monsters and I can't cross my arms anymore.

My problem is they ARE getting smaller and my boyfriend is complaining. Like, come on, when we met I wore a much smaller size and you were cool with it. Be happy for me.
  • caribear1984
    Options
    Things flap now.
    Arms flap. Thigh meat flaps. Stomach flap flaps.

I do Jillian's 30 day shred and it sounds like I have an audience clapping for me. loudly. :blushing:
    (snip)
    People who make stupid comments about my goal. i tell them that I want to be 165, or a size 6-8, whichever one comes first (I was a solid 10 at 185) and they say "oh thats too small, you will be good at about a 14" yeah, thats still overweight and unhealthy. thats not what I want.

I just want to wear a tshirt that says: "yes, im losing weight. No, you cant comment. Have a great day!"

All of this. Especially the clapping, lol.

My goal is to get to a size ten, something I have never even dreamed of before. My mom keeps telling me I can't do it, that it's unrealistic because she was a size 10 before she had me, and she was a toothpick. I try to explain to her that sizes have changed, but she just keeps insisting I will probably never be that small. I might not, but that's not going to stop me from making it a goal.
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Here's mine- people telling me that I "don't need to lose any more weight."

I get this all the time and it drives me crazy.

Same!
  • JurassicKitten
    JurassicKitten Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Here's mine- people telling me that I "don't need to lose any more weight."

They don't know my body, I do!

I know that I was a knockout at a solid, awesomely toned 135-138lbs, and I want that back! Right now I'm at 147. Just because I don't have a lot to lose doesn't make my goals frivolous or less important.

Rant completed, and thank you for the thread :-)

I totally agree with this. I may not be "fat" but that doesn't mean I don't have a way to go before I am at my personal best weight and fitness level. I can't share any of this with my friends. They all think I'm being stupid because I "look fine". None of them are in shape and they don't understand at all :( I'm lucky my boyfriend is in on this with me.
  • DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Gah.. I was 120 when I was younger and only had a C cup which looked good. When I gained the weight my boobs weight to the DD and now the DD won't go away. :|

Oh well, life could be worse. :P

Oh wow. See... I used to be a perfect 36C. Now I'm a 42DD and I can't wait to start losing weight, I hope the girls lose too. They are way too big. It's embarrassing. I was hoping for the C's again. :-(

So while I haven't started losing weight yet, one thing that I'm dreading is the comments. I don't need that much attn. I don't want people making weird comments. There is a lady in my office who lost like 35-40lbs. She's looks great but people are always going on and on about how "skinny" she is. I don't want anyone calling me skinny. I've never been skinny in my life. I wasn't fat as a kid but I had thick legs. I had curves at 12. I just want to be healthy and toned. I think it will really make me uncomfortable if people are constantly scrutinizing my body. And the truth is I never say anything to anyone about their body. None of my business. Once I said I noticed she lost weight and what was she doing and then I said "good for you" and once I said a dress looked nice on her but never have I commented on her actual body.
  • DivineRED1
    Options

Truthfully, I don't tell anyone my goal. I don't want to hear that crap. I know what I looked like at 130-140 and I was hot (even though I thought I was fat then. Little did I know.)
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Yeee, I mean my boobs are now non-existent. But I've grown to love them. And hey, I'm in a new group called the itty bitty titty committee. Proud member what upppp.
  • DivineRED1
    Options
    Don't know if anyone has this problem... but I'm actually looking forward to my boobs getting a lot smaller, because they're awkward and (I think) ugly and uncomfortable. I can't find a coat that will button over these monsters and I can't cross my arms anymore.

I hear you here! I can't sleep on my stomach, I need the boob pillow when I get massaged, and forget button up shirts. I even wear minimizer bras and a tight tank slimming thing under my shirts. My boobs are so big they have their own mailing address.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    The worst thing for me is needing less and less food the smaller I get! It's obvious that's going to happen, but somehow it doesn't seem fair!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Along with a lot of what's been said, I don't like the weird/inappropriate questions.

I've had people ask me what I eat. I give some examples of healthy foods (not rocket science), and they ask, "Is that what you ate today? Like what did you eat for breakfast today?"

What size are you now?

What do you weigh?

Have you reached your goal yet?

What do you do for exercise?

How much does it cost to do that/can you afford that?

How does your husband feel about your weight loss? (And this one I think is fishing for a joke about sex, frankly. I lost 82 lbs after my son was born, and when my son was about 18 months old, I got pregnant again - totally planned, not that it matters. Someone joked with me that of course we were going to have a second baby after I got myself in shape - insinuating that my husband wouldn't be able to keep his hands off me, so OF COURSE he was going to knock me up sooner or later... A-hole.)

Kind of like people ask me weird questions (like do I have to pee in the middle of the night) because I'm pregnant, questions which would otherwise be totally inappropriate, when you've lost a significant/noticeable amount of weight, all of a sudden people feel that inappropriate topics are up for discussion.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options

My problem is they ARE getting smaller and my boyfriend is complaining. Like, come on, when we met I wore a much smaller size and you were cool with it. Be happy for me.

Same here. I'm 4'11" and a 34DD. Although...they are getting smaller, which my husband kindly pointed out to me. Of course he noticed...lol
    I'm hoping they'll go down to a nice 32 C, but you won't hear me complaining if they shrink to a B ;)
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    The boobs. Definitely the saddest part of my weight loss. 38C to barely 34B. No money for a boob job. So, well, shape wear is my friend!

I am literally so excited to lose my boobs. I am a 38D right now and would give ANYTHING to be a 34B again. It's amazing how different people have such different goals, right? :)
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    The boobs. Definitely the saddest part of my weight loss. 38C to barely 34B. No money for a boob job. So, well, shape wear is my friend!

I am literally so excited to lose my boobs. I am a 38D right now and would give ANYTHING to be a 34B again. It's amazing how different people have such different goals, right? :)

^^ This - I'm the same size and I can't wait to lose something off of them :smile:
  • culbersontwit
    culbersontwit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned being hungry? The worst part about losing weight is being hungry.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

^^ This - I'm the same size and I can't wait to lose something off of them :smile:

The problem is that they get smaller (which was ok with me), but not in a good way. Mine kind of deflated and were left looking sad. I'm pregnant, so they've "refilled" for now, but for sure they'll be back to being sad. Depending on what they look like when I get to goal, I may do something about them because before pregnancy it made it difficult to dress properly at times.

ETA that if they just get smaller and don't look sad - that's awesome for you! I think most ladies are not that lucky, though :(
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I started out at about 40H, by my best guess I'm down to about 36DDD..I haven't bought new bras yet so I'm perpetually walking around with safety pinned bras. I JUST bought the ones I have just a few months before I started losing weight and I'm cheap. I already had to buy 4 more pairs of jeans (2 x14 and 2x12) because my old ones fall off now. I HATE HATE HATE spending money on stuff - I have money, I just hate spending it on stuff.

The next thing is that I miss being able to eat :( I love food and it sucks not being able to eat it! I miss being able to go out frequently for nice dinners (and dessert) and I miss not having to ask the waitress for the 'nutrition binder' and just being able to order what sounded good to me. Needless to say I really don't enjoy eating out much anymore because I can't choose what I want to eat and instead have to choose what I 'can' eat based on my calories for that day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!